Waived: Cody McCormick (Cleared, assigned to Rochester)

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
McCormick quotes leaving FNC:
Shawn Stepner ‏@StepnerWKBW
#Buffalo #Sabres F Cody McCormick: "Darcy just told me. A couple minutes ago I was ready to go to Toronto......" Cont.

Link: https://twitter.com/StepnerWKBW/status/304287783403524097
#Buffalo #Sabres F Cody McCormick "... Wait and see if you're in the organization after 24 hours....."

Link: https://twitter.com/StepnerWKBW/status/304288061594943491
#Buffalo #Sabres F Cody McCormick: "....it's already online somehow. I haven't even been able to tell my wife. That's the hardest thing...."

Link: https://twitter.com/StepnerWKBW/status/304288470455681024
I asked #Buffalo #Sabres F Cody McCormick if his days are over in Buffalo: "When you're put on waivers it's kinda telling me something."

Link: https://twitter.com/StepnerWKBW/status/304288956491644928

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
I think having too many guys who can fight made Lindy Regier nervous.

That, or we're in classic "rearrange deck chairs" territory.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
@StepnerWKBW: #Buffalo #Sabres F Cody McCormick: "....it's already online somehow. I haven't even been able to tell my wife. That's the hardest thing...."

Shoey

Hello.
Jun 25, 2006
Buffalo, NY
www.ypoiw.blogspot.com
Cody isn't Matt Ellis, this is a guy that scored 20 points in the league once.
he'll be picked up.

my gut tells me that Porter is coming up, maybe Pysyk.

if it's the latter I think Jordan Leopold's days in Buffalo are numbered.

S319R11S16

Expect Suffering
Apr 18, 2006
Cody isn't Matt Ellis, this is a guy that scored 20 points in the league once.
he'll be picked up.

my gut tells me that Porter is coming up, maybe Pysyk.

if it's the latter I think Jordan Leopold's days in Buffalo are numbered.

Why call up pysyk?

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Leopolds days are numbered regardless. Conditioning for Enroth, or Sabres adding a 4th line Center face off guy, or recalling an Amerk Forward is Flynn healthy yet? They need to add scoring and maybe they are trying anything

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Not happy about Cody, good depth guy, arguably more valuable than Scott as he can play and still handle heavyweights. Also wish they notified him before media leaked.

indigoo

Nov 26, 2011
@StepnerWKBW: #Buffalo #Sabres F Cody McCormick: "....it's already online somehow. I haven't even been able to tell my wife. That's the hardest thing...."

Ugh, terrible. Feel bad for the guy who always plays hard.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
This was handled horribly. What a smack in the face to a veteran player.

My hunch is they were gonna tell him after practice, but since it had to be in the league office by noon, and then gets to the media shortly after, he was still in practice when the news leaked.

Though it's pretty ****** to not pull him out the moment they made the decision and tell him.

Shoey

Hello.
Jun 25, 2006
Buffalo, NY
www.ypoiw.blogspot.com
Why call up pysyk?

I think it's unlikely, but it would signify the organization is moving on from Leopold. It's unconfirmed as far as I know but I heard rumblings that he's not expected to play for "awhile" as they try out this Brennan thing.

I think they like how McNabb's turned it around and probably think he's better suited to playing a big role in Rochester as opposed to sitting in Buffalo.

that said, my gut still says Porter is coming up.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Yeah, get all those guys off the damn that give a damn. Next up Kaleta, Vanek, Miller on the waiver wire.

Maybe that is their plan...

Terry: Okay guys we need to get some top end talent here, any ideas?
Sabres Employee: Lets call around and try to find a player lost in the shuffle somewhere like we did with Briere
Darcy: Nah.
Sabres Employee: Wait, just Nah?
Darcy: Yep...Tell you what, if we play poorly and get a top 3 pick, we can assure ourselves of some elite talent.
Lindy: [Arms Crossed] Seems right to me, and I'll make sure they play poorly
Sabres Employee: But there are players that actually care to play, I'm sure they wouldn't let us just lose
Lindy: [Arms Crossed] What do you mean?
Sabres Employee: Well these are professionals, they're just not going to quit
Lindy: [Arms Still Crossed] Not if I have anything to say about it.
Sabres Employee: What are you going to do, scratch them?
Lindy: [Silence with pondering face with Arms Crossed]
Darcy: I got this Lindy... I'll waive them.
Sabres Employee: Aren't you worried of losing your jobs?
Darcy & Lindy: [Lindy Uncrosses Arms and with the waive of his hand] NAH!!!!

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I think it's unlikely, but it would signify the organization is moving on from Leopold. It's unconfirmed as far as I know but I heard rumblings that he's not expected to play for "awhile" as they try out this Brennan thing.

I think they like how McNabb's turned it around and probably think he's better suited to playing a big role in Rochester as opposed to sitting in Buffalo.

that said, my gut still says Porter is coming up.

They'd call up Porter when they have a perfectly healthy Grigorenko in the press box? That would really piss me off.

SabresBillsBuffalo

May 4, 2010
Buffalo
Rissmiller and Porter are probably better 4th line options than McCormick but I don't know what everyone is freakin out about. It's Cody McCormick...... Not a big deal. It's crazy tho to see what a lockout can do to some players....just the general status of our team right now.

UncleBenny

Nov 17, 2011

McNabb's turned it around? When did that happen? He's still pretty brutal in Rochester.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad