Waived: Cody McCormick (Cleared, assigned to Rochester)

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
Unless this is to free up space for a big trade...I hate it. Cody has been a great 4th liner and is hardly the issue. Curious as heck to see what they so with this roster spot. Oy.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
Weird. Trying to trade him? Has to be a cap thing...

Trying to figure out how. They're still operating under the $70.2M cap for this year. Unless they need to clear his $1.2M for a trade into next year, it wouldn't make a difference this season.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
It's not beyond useless. He obviously wanted to get McCormick off the roster and first tried to get something for him. What's so outlandish about that?

But why? Wouldn't think for a second he's a cancer in the room...given they re-signed him and Ruff has had no problems putting him in the lineup...

Why would they be so desperate to get rid of McCormick that they'd give him away for free?

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
This is a real head-scratcher

scratch.jpg

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Trying to figure out how. They're still operating under the $70.2M cap for this year. Unless they need to clear his $1.2M for a trade into next year, it wouldn't make a difference this season.

They have 14M space under the cap for next year...and if they're acquiring that much salary you'd have to think a pretty damn good player with a high salary is going the other way. So that's out.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Unless this is to free up space for a big trade...I hate it. Cody has been a great 4th liner and is hardly the issue. Curious as heck to see what they so with this roster spot. Oy.

i feel the same way...

i would be less disappointed if Gerbe was on waivers

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
the only thing that makes sense (barring a trade that they needed the roster spot for)...

is that they actually waived McCormick to try to send a message to the lockerroom...

given how idiotic said message would be... it is the only logical conclusion at this point... since mid season pre deadline trades aren't in Regier's repertoire.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I'm not opposed to the action, just the timing seems odd.

Either Regier has something else lined up and needs the roster spot, or he's a blundering idiot. All I know is I'm gonna be hooked onto HF for the rest of the day to find out which :laugh:

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
i feel the same way...

i would be less disappointed if Gerbe was on waivers

Totally with you. If we had 3 Cody's on the 4th line it would be great. He has decisive speed, great checks, and can fight and stand up for his team mates. Seems like a good locker room guy as well on a great cap hit. I don't understand this move at all unless there is a trade in the works for ROR? Ennis+?

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
But why? Wouldn't think for a second he's a cancer in the room...given they re-signed him and Ruff has had no problems putting him in the lineup...

Why would they be so desperate to get rid of McCormick that they'd give him away for free?

Firstly, I was just responding to the idea that trying to trade him first is ridiculous. I don't know why they want to get rid of Cody but it's not like he's awesome. Free up a roster spot in anticipation of players returning? Trade in the works? I don't know, but Cody's not a very good player and I say that as a fan of the guy.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Totally with you. If we had 3 Cody's on the 4th line it would be great. He has decisive speed, great checks, and can fight and stand up for his team mates. Seems like a good locker room guy as well on a great cap hit. I don't understand this move at all unless there is a trade in the works for ROR? Ennis+?

in which case they should've just moved/waived Gerbe... who has been relatively useless this year

McCormick has met expectations... after all the BS about being harder to play against... you go and move 1 of the few guys who backs that up

:shakehead

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
in which case they should've just moved/waived Gerbe... who has been relatively useless this year

McCormick has met expectations... after all the BS about being harder to play against... you go and move 1 of the few guys who backs that up

:shakehead

Unless Gerbe is in the trade... :D

(I'm such a tease... :laugh: )

S319R11S16

Expect Suffering
Apr 18, 2006
If a guy is waived is it standard procedure for them to leave during practice?

Reports saying he left the ice during practice.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
If a guy is waived is it standard procedure for them to leave during practice?

Reports saying he left the ice during practice.
Don't think so since they're on the roster until clearing and being assigned.

Duddy

Everyday is
Dec 24, 2005
Yeah, get all those guys off the damn that give a damn. Next up Kaleta, Vanek, Miller on the waiver wire.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
i feel empty...
this emptiness better be filled by a spectacular trade soon...

i may need to go home for the day

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad