Waived: Cody McCormick (Cleared, assigned to Rochester)

S319R11S16

Expect Suffering
Apr 18, 2006
Obviously McCormick was one of the only ones who voiced his opinion behind closed doors yesterday.

We can't have that negativity in the locker room.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Looking at the numbers, I think we had 23 actives + Leino on IR. Sekera I don't think was placed on IR, just scratched.

Seems like the easiest move to free up a roster spot would be to put Sekera on IR retroactive?

Maybe they're calling up Pardy with the injury to Ehrhoff? Though I'd assume it's just a maintenance thing and Ehrhoff is fine to play...seeing as how he played through it yesterday...but they have Leopold on the bench...so that doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
So in the first 2 periods, the only line that did anything was McCormick-Kaleta-Scott.

Bench Kaleta, Waive McCormick.

Message recieved.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Over-valuing much? I like Cody but what will he really get us that could IMPROVE this team drastically?

Nothing. He'd get a pick at best, which is why Regier can GTFO. Trying to trade Cody is beyond useless, especially since he's not an issue.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
If this is for roster space purposes

SEND DOWN GRIGS IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO PLAY HIM

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
So in the first 2 periods, the only line that did anything was McCormick-Kaleta-Scott.

Bench Kaleta, Waive McCormick.

Message recieved.

i feel the same way...

(although I believe Kaleta's took a hard shot off his foot, which may have kept him out)

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
It doesn't make any sense to do anything with McCormick now UNLESS you're trying to free up a roster spot though. They have no need to get rid of him at this point for nothing...that would just be poor asset management.

Can't get anything for him in a trade? Keep him until you can, and then if you really need the roster spot, waive him. No incentive to waive him before reaching that point.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Nothing. He'd get a pick at best, which is why Regier can GTFO. Trying to trade Cody is beyond useless, especially since he's not an issue.

Come on, it's him trying to do right by Cody a la Rivet. Darcy isn't an idiot.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
How do you think this message is received in the lockerroom?

Waiving a gritty/stand up for you teammates/tough guy... usually doesn't play well.

Does anyone think Cody McCormick is the guy "not doing his job up to his standards"?

indigoo

Nov 26, 2011

That's what I thought; he plays his role, so I don't see the issue with him. Regier is a god-damned bonehead.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY

It's not beyond useless. He obviously wanted to get McCormick off the roster and first tried to get something for him. What's so outlandish about that?

S319R11S16

Expect Suffering
Apr 18, 2006
Just when I think I've heard and seen it all from these guys.

Whats next? Vanek for a pick to be named later?

Miller on waivers?

Cody isn't a great player by any means and him in the lineup when Scott is doesn't make a lot of sense, but that doesn't mean he should be waived lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad