Waived: Cody McCormick (Cleared, assigned to Rochester)

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Dude literally weighs 100 pounds more than Ennis so, yeah. Those ones hurt a lot more than they look.
When they cut to commercial break I thought Ennis was going to collapse skating back to the bench. That was a crazy hit. When they came back I was shocked he was on the ice taking the draw, but he looked slow going down to do it.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
Why not just scratch one of them then? Unless we're making a move for a 4th liner who can win a faceoff, it's useless.
Because this is as far as Regier likely goes with any wake up call.

They'll win a few of the upcoming games against crappy teams or at least keep it close and everything will be fine!

Fire Lindy

Trust the System
Jan 3, 2011
That's terrible that Cody saw it online before being told in person. Why does that happen around the league so often? Players finding out online before being traded or waived.

To me, Cody was the perfect 4th line player, I don't know..

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
That's terrible that Cody saw it online before being told in person. Why does that happen around the league so often? Players finding out online before being traded or waived.

To me, Cody was the perfect 4th line player, I don't know..

I think he realized it was online before he was told and before he could tell his wife. He was pulled off the ice during practice and was told then.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
disappointing to see a guy who actually gives his all on every shift get waived with so many passengers.

He was one of the better players in the last 2 games...

Per @RenLavoieRDS

Sabres put Cody McCormick on waivers after trying to trade him in the last few days.

the only thing that makes sense (barring a trade that they needed the roster spot for)...

is that they actually waived McCormick to try to send a message to the lockerroom...

given how idiotic said message would be... it is the only logical conclusion at this point... since mid season pre deadline trades aren't in Regier's repertoire.

I just logged back in after lunch and a work emergency to find this??? THIS?!?!? Try hard, do the right thing, do your job Cody and they try (and fail) to trade you, then waive you? WTF. Double ewe tee eff.

Just another case of needing to see Regier go as part of a front office purge.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
I just logged back in after lunch and a work emergency to find this??? THIS?!?!? Try hard, do the right thing, do your job Cody and they try (and fail) to trade you, then waive you? WTF. Double ewe tee eff.

Just another case of needing to see Regier go as part of a front office purge.

As with most of their in-season moves, I'm sure it had Lindy's blessing.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Fans on Ruff on why he should go:

"Too much of the same thing."

After 15 years, most definitely. When exactly did sticking up for teammates or hitting become "too much" for this team? Oh, that's right, the Tissue Twins are in charge.

Fire Lindy

Trust the System
Jan 3, 2011
The "too much of the same thing" comment by Lindy is too funny.

Hopefully he will be the one hearing those words soon..

JonathanWashington

Hockey in Cairo
Dec 26, 2004
Manhattan
Maybe saying that Marcus is a 4th liner is a bit harsh though he would be great with Kaleta. I am just shocked that adam hasn't continued to grow. The player that I want to see on the roster is tropp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad