Coach's Corner with Don Cherry season 2019-2020 (not a general Don Cherry thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Lol.

You know it really is crazy to me that people like you exist. Getting all riled up over a sentence that Don Cherry says. Sure, maybe it could have been said better, maybe it could have not been said at all. But there's tons of statements that I may disagree with, that you may agree with - but I'm still fine with them being said.

In terms of the military - sure it's debatable about the political purpose of the wars in the last few decades or arguably all the way back to the Korean War. However, to say you think the men and women who have served and died in those wars did so with the mindset of "lets find oil", and if you regard them as terrorists. Shame on you. Shame on your entire spoiled entitled life. These people lived and died fighting under our flag, and made that contribution in their minds for you and I. The least you can do is say you know what, obviously I support the troops I just disagree with the reason they were there. But to call them terrorists?

And that leads me to my last point. I really doubt you have ever travelled anywhere outside of your basement your entire life. Maybe you went to a few protests waving a few slogans around on some sign. I have traveled. To some real ****ty places. I've seen real systemic racism. I've seen sexism. I've seen real stuff, not a sentence stated by an old man on television that seems to trigger idiots like you. And guess what, if you're coming from outside the Western world, usually you do have an appreciation for what this country offers. Rule of law, freedoms, no random shooting, a functioning democracy - none of which exists in most parts of the world. And also, most importantly, very little censorship. People have the right to say what they want. And people like you, small minded little twerps who probably needs to go for a jog and wipe the ketchup off your shirt, are constantly fighting to limit people's speech.

If I have to choose between you and Don Cherry staying in the country, I say adios to you.
100%.

As someone who has spent a decent amount of time in Africa throughout my life in some really rough, unfortunate areas, this guy literally has no clue.

The definition of privileged.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Lol.

You know it really is crazy to me that people like you exist. Getting all riled up over a sentence that Don Cherry says. Sure, maybe it could have been said better, maybe it could have not been said at all. But there's tons of statements that I may disagree with, that you may agree with - but I'm still fine with them being said.

In terms of the military - sure it's debatable about the political purpose of the wars in the last few decades or arguably all the way back to the Korean War. However, to say you think the men and women who have served and died in those wars did so with the mindset of "lets find oil", and if you regard them as terrorists. Shame on you. Shame on your entire spoiled entitled life. These people lived and died fighting under our flag, and made that contribution in their minds for you and I. The least you can do is say you know what, obviously I support the troops I just disagree with the reason they were there. But to call them terrorists?

And that leads me to my last point. I really doubt you have ever travelled anywhere outside of your basement your entire life. Maybe you went to a few protests waving a few slogans around on some sign. I have traveled. To some real ****ty places. I've seen real systemic racism. I've seen sexism. I've seen real stuff, not a sentence stated by an old man on television that seems to trigger idiots like you. And guess what, if you're coming from outside the Western world, usually you do have an appreciation for what this country offers. Rule of law, freedoms, no random shooting, a functioning democracy - none of which exists in most parts of the world. And also, most importantly, very little censorship. People have the right to say what they want. And people like you, small minded little twerps who probably needs to go for a jog and wipe the ketchup off your shirt, are constantly fighting to limit people's speech.

If I have to choose between you and Don Cherry staying in the country, I say adios to you.
I agree with most of what you said, but calling people names drops you down to their level. Why don't we all just drop this and forget about it, it was something very small and blown way out of proportion.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
I agree with most of what you said, but calling people names drops you down to their level. Why don't we all just drop this and forget about it, it was something very small and blown way out of proportion.
Calling someone an idiot = Calling every person serving in the Canadian Armed Forces a terrorist?

Trust me, @Lunatik and @Lexicon are at 2 different levels.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Lol.

Both Don Cherry and the poster are wrong. Different sides of the same coin.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
That's what I said he began talking to ALL Canadians and then referred to new Canadians when he said "you enjoy how we live in Canada...." even that can still be referring to all Canadians because you were born here and if not for the men and women who fought in the war you couldn't live the same way of life. His words were misunderstood, I'm sure that he meant well.

Let's go over what he said.

You peopleyou love our way of life, you love our milk and honey, at least you can pay a couple bucks for a poppy or something like that,” Cherry said. “These guys paid for your way of life that you enjoy in Canada, these guys paid the biggest price.”

You seriously think he was misunderstood and actually talking about all Canadians when he said you people?

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
tell you what don't watch them. how dare they call out someone that went on a racist rant.

Show a single piece of evidence that it was racist. There is not an aspect of race in what he said.

And I already limit my watching of that network as it is and hopefully the Flames will switch to TSN when they can and I can reduce my viewing even more.

Reactions: JasonRoseEh

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Not surprising to see Sportsnet on the wrong side of this.

They are such a pathetic network and this just further cements that fact.

Yes, the majority of opinion on this is wrong because we're so soft and easily offended unlike big mean Donny and thick skin @Baxterman

Curse social justice warriors and left wing media for making this world so politically correct. Death is better than this misery.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Yes, the majority of opinion on this is wrong because we're so soft and easily offended unlike big mean Donny and thick skin @Baxterman

Curse social justice warriors and left wing media for making this world so politically correct. Death is better than this misery.

Do you have anything to actually add to the discussion outside of your faux outrage and fairy tale you have created in your mind?

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Show a single piece of evidence that it was racist. There is not an aspect of race in what he said.

And I already limit my watching of that network as it is and hopefully the Flames will switch to TSN when they can and I can reduce my viewing even more.
tsn would have said the same thing about it if he was on tsn.

Reactions: JetsFan815

JasonRoseEh

Oct 23, 2018
I stand with Don Cherry 100% on this and frankly find it disgusting the lack of respect for Canadian customs and traditions that has taken hold over the last 5-7 years. A poppy is a sign of respect for the sacrifices made during a crucial time in not only our countries, but global history. At least Don says it like it is because he isn't remotely wrong in his words either, however tactless he may put them.

Walk downtown Toronto, look at the lapels, says it all really.

JasonRoseEh

Oct 23, 2018
Don Cherry is a disgrace to Canadian culture. Not surprised he said something like this. What a stain.
Don Cherry is a fantastic Canadian and has done more for our country than you ever will. Disagree with him all you want but your statement is garbage.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto

The fact that his boss apologized for him is evidence enough that it was offensive. I think you're focusing to much on racism rather than xenophobia.

Any sentence that generally starts with "you people" is motivated by something negative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad