CN Tower to light up Habs colour

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
And light up what? Parliament?

The CN Tower is the most famous landmark in Canada.

Domestically, but I would argue the most famous landmark "in" Canada is this one:

APR09_VIMY_POST04.jpg

France actually ceeded the land to Canada for perpetual use to construct the monument that we maintain along with the surrounding land. While you don't cross a border to attend the monument it is considered part of Canada.

Reactions: DoyleG

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Has anyone else noticed the irony
Domestically, but I would argue the most famous landmark "in" Canada is this one:

APR09_VIMY_POST04.jpg

France actually ceeded the land to Canada for perpetual use to construct the monument that we maintain along with the surrounding land. While you don't cross a border to attend the monument it is considered part of Canada.
Landmarks don't have to be man made.

This is the most famous and it's not even close.

niagara-falls-international-marathon-2.jpg

Reactions: North Cole

Confused Turnip

Nov 29, 2019
I see it in the media. That I agree with. In my day to day interactions with people I never see it. It is the great Canadian Sporting myth. Just another example of the news creating a different narrative from actual reality.
Probably 80% of the ordinary Ontarians you meet outside GTA spend the entire playoffs analyzing which team is Canada's team and how to best 'get the Cup home'. Not all of the 416 is like that and 905 just wants to get drunk and doesn't care, but certainly 519, 226, 705, etc are super into it. People who don't even like or watch sports see cheering the Cup home as a patriotic duty.

Brownies

I would find it classy if Montreal returned the favor when/if given the chance. I'm probably getting old and soft, but I can't even imagine how seeing our mayor in a Leafs Jersey or the Olympic Stadium with a huge Leafs flag on it would have any negative effect on me.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
I chuckled when I saw the part about Montreal being the Leaf's arch-rival. I doubt the feeling is mutual.

Reactions: HabsQC

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
I mean it's the Canadian Tower, not the Toronto Tower, right? It just happens to be located in the city of Toronto, but it's a symbol of the entire country, no?

HarryLime

Jun 27, 2014
Halifax
Leafs have the most unlikable team in my 28 years on the planet. They have skills, sure but they are run by cucks and brats. I am kinda glad Montreal won because the Leafs don't have the traits you want a team to have. They're just a collection of different skills. Habs aren't perfect but they're a hockey team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad