CN Tower to light up Habs colour

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
Why? I'm a Leafs fan and think this is great. Maybe our morons who manage, coach, and play for the Leafs will finally feel shame and discover an emotion for the damn sport. I'm likely asking too much. Anything that embarrasses that organization right now beyond what happens on the ice is phenomenal and I fully encourage it.
You really don't understand why Leafs fans(especially ones that reside in Toronto) would have a weee bit of a problem with this? :huh:

LEAFSANDBILLSFAN

May 3, 2020
Haha, you're likely right. I'll be honest, a lot of it could just be anecdotal. But the most vile people that I know when it comes to Canadian exceptionalism are also typically the only ones I see that get hyper invested in Canada winning a cup.

Admittedly it may just be that it is hard for me to seperate the two.

I see it in the media. That I agree with. In my day to day interactions with people I never see it. It is the great Canadian Sporting myth. Just another example of the news creating a different narrative from actual reality.

Reactions: Vegeta

LEAFSANDBILLSFAN

May 3, 2020
because supporting your rival after losing to them is odd behaviour, no matter what the sport.

I get that its a patriotic thing, but its still your rival.

Our only rival is MLSE and the 40 million going out the door to players who think the season ends at the conclusion of the regular season. We weren't eliminated by Montreal. We had our souls ripped out by the Leafs There is a difference.

LEAFSANDBILLSFAN

May 3, 2020
Apparently the thread on the Leafs board cares. Go take a peek. :DD

They still have feelings for the Team (not sure how) or are 12 years old and have that youthful blind optimism for the future that age can so cruelly destroy. Me im dead inside and so is most of my circle.

Vegeta

God Dammit Nappa
May 2, 2009
Capsule Corp.
I see it in the media. That I agree with. In my day to day interactions with people I never see it. It is the great Canadian Sporting myth. Just another example of the news creating a different narrative from actual reality.

It probably doesn't help that my background is in media. LOL. Probably helps you understand my perspective a bit better then.

Reactions: LEAFSANDBILLSFAN

LEAFSANDBILLSFAN

May 3, 2020
The Montreal Canadiens have broken the city of Toronto. They have made the city of Toronto submit.

Nah. Most Leafs fans are in the 905 not the 416. Lebron James did more to break the actual city of Toronto. This is just a reminder to our moron down at MLSE how utterly pathetic they are.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Good! They straight up deserve it after that embarrassing lost. How they still lost that series I have no clue.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
CN Tower lighting up in Montreal Canadiens colours tonight | Offside

What the heck is going on? Did the city just turn Heel on the Leafs?

giphy.webp

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
because supporting your rival after losing to them is odd behaviour, no matter what the sport.

I get that its a patriotic thing, but its still your rival.

I often end up cheering for the team that eliminates my team. And I guess I look at rivalries as fun, as opposed to serious hatred.

Reactions: Canadiens Ghost

hfman

Oct 30, 2013

finally someone who gets it.

"Shock value entertainment" is nothing new LOL

remember Jerry Springer in the 90s? We were all shocked as to how any of that stuff could be on TV! Nudity, swearing, fighting, everything. It leaked into everything including wrestling and tons of other tv shows like Trailer Park Boys. It eventually wore off though...

Then they brought us "reality TV" in the 2000s... Survivor, Fear Factor.. wow, were we ever shocked! Yes, a new form of "Shock Value Entertainment"! Look at those people eating spiders on TV! Look at those people stranded on an island! And yes, the lemmings of society believed it was all real too. Until they woke up and then it eventually wore off as well....

...Which brings us to the latest installment of their "Shock Value Entertainment". This time it's coming to us through social media and has even infiltrated into the corporations and our every day lives. This by far is the strongest form of this entertainment. From the endless"Covid19" imagery in the supermarkets and department stores and home renovation stores to all the "Obey Social Distancing" signs on the side of the roads and at the entrance way to playgrounds, it has shocked all of us to the core. You can't go 15 seconds without seeing or hearing about in on the radio, TV or internet either. Yes, we get it - Covid19 is going to wipe out 1/2 of the planet - we know. You can take the signs down now. But this latest from of "Shock Value Entertainment" has more than just Covid as its topic - it's leaked into sports as SJW movements and continues to shock us as we have never seen any of this before. It's more "real" than ever. Oh and let's not forget all the real-life soap operas we're seeing in politics with Trump, Biden, Fauci, and the rest of the crew!!! I can't decide whether I'm watching a real press conference with the U.S. President or or if it's a soap opera. Shock value entertainment indeed folks ...until it all wears off as well, of course...

So this newest little tidbit here tonight is just another way the corporations are trying to "shock" and "troll" you. They've been using sports for at least a year to anger and manipulate people, and here they are doing it tonight again. It's just a troll job people - get over it lol. Open your eyes.

But it's working!! Look how angry the masses are becoming! Fans said they'd never watch their favourite sports team ever again because of all the protests before the game last year and earlier this year!! And well... those fans are watching again lol.

And now fans say they'll never watch the Leafs again because of the lights on the CN tower! But they'll all be back again in October. It's up to the fans to either a) get mad at it or b) say "oh, I see what you're doing...."

Wake up people. The corporations and media are all trolling us. It's been going on for over a year now. It's delivered to us mostly on social media but also in our real lives as mentioned above. They ushered this new era in with Covid and it's why they kept saying it's "the new normal" LOL. See now? It's the new "Shock Entertainment" era indeed, but sooner or later it will have to wear off just like all the ones before it.

So laugh at it instead. Don't be a lemming and get mad over it, see it for what it is. Society hasn't caught on to it yet, just like they didn't with Jerry Springer and Survivor in the beginning. The only difference now is that they have moved this shock stuff it into our every day lives and onto social media and in sports and politics as well. But eventually it will wear off as well.

At the end of the day sports is just entertainment EXACTLY like going to a movie is or going to a comedy show. It's the fans' faults for getting so worked up over ENTERTAINMENT. But they know this and are exploiting all these naieve fans lol. A troll job. The lines between reality and entertainment/fantasy have been blurred starting with Covid,and that's what they meant by "the new normal" lol.... get over it folks the joke's on you

Last edited:
Reactions: AejonStarkgaryen

LEAFSANDBILLSFAN

May 3, 2020
finally someone who gets it.

"Shock value entertainment" is nothing new LOL

remember Jerry Springer in the 90s? We were all shocked as to how any of that stuff could be on TV! Nudity, swearing, fighting, everything. It leaked into everything including wrestling and tons of other tv shows like Trailer Park Boys. It eventually wore off though...

Then they brought us "reality TV" in the 2000s... Survivor, Fear Factor.. wow, were we ever shocked! Yes, a new form of "Shock Value Entertainment"! Look at those people eating spiders on TV! Look at those people stranded on an island! And yes, the lemmings of society believed it was all real too. Until they woke up and then it eventually wore off as well....

...Which brings us to the latest installment of their "Shock Value Entertainment". This time it's coming to us through social media and has even infiltrated into the corporations and our every day lives. This by far is the strongest form of this entertainment. From the endless"Covid19" imagery in the supermarkets and department stores and home renovation stores to all the "Obey Social Distancing" signs on the side of the roads and at the entrance way to playgrounds, it has shocked all of us to the core. You can't go 15 seconds without seeing or hearing about in on the radio, TV or internet either. Yes, we get it - Covid19 is going to wipe out 1/2 of the planet - we know. You can take the signs down now. But this latest from of "Shock Value Entertainment" has more than just Covid as its topic - it's leaked into sports as SJW movements and continues to shock us as we have never seen any of this before. It's more "real" than ever. Oh and let's not forget all the real-life soap operas we're seeing in politics with Trump, Biden, Fauci, and the rest of the crew!!! I can't decide whether I'm watching a real press conference with the U.S. President or or if it's a soap opera! shock value entertainment indeed folks ...until it all wears off as well, of course...

So this newest little tidbit here tonight is just another way the corporations are trying to "shock" and "troll" you. They've been using sports for at least a year to anger and manipulate people, and here they are doing it tonight again. It's just a troll job people - get over it lol. Open your eyes.

But it's working!! Look how angry the masses are becoming! Fans said they'd never watch their favourite sports team ever again because of all the protests before the game last year and earlier this year!! And well... those fans are watching again lol.

And now fans say they'll never watch the Leafs again because of the lights on the CN tower! But they'll all be back again in October.

Wake up people. The corporations and media are all trolling us. It's been going on for over a year now. It's delivered to us mostly on social media but also in our real lives as mentioned above. They ushered this new era in with Covid and it's why they kept saying it's "the new normal" LOL. See now? It's the new "Shock Entertainment" era indeed, but sooner or later it will have to wear off just like all the ones before it.

So laugh at it instead. Don't be a lemming and get mad over it, see it for what it is. Society hasn't caught on to it yet, just like they didn't with Jerry Springer and Survivor in the beginning. The only difference now is that they have moved this shock stuff it into our every day lives and onto social media. But eventually it will wear off as well.

At the end of the day sports is just entertainment EXACTLY like going to a movie is or going to a comedy show. It's the fans' faults for getting so worked up over ENTERTAINMENT. But they know this and are exploiting all these naieve fans lol. A troll job. The lines between reality and entertainment/fantasy have been blurred dtarting with Covid,and that's what they meant by "the new normal" lol.... get over it folks the joke's on you

I'll continue to watch the Leafs. They just won't get any passion or money from me until they stop being an embarrassment.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
Get used to it. Get used to "the impossible" happening. You know, like:

-Schools will close for 2 years - never!!
-Sports will shut down and cease to operate - never!!
-Athletes will kneel for anthems and refuse to play - never!!
-All retail stores, malls and amusement parks will totally shut down - never!!
-The Leafs will cheer on the Habs - never!!

This IS the "New Normal" folks, get used to it - whatever was "impossible" just a year ago will now be happening on a regular basis. Remove all predictability, and replace it with uncertainty. Whatever "made sense" no longer makes sense. Yep, they "upped their game" and have made this "shock value entertainment" more powerful than ever haha. They've inserted it into sports, politics and in our own lives at work and through signage on the roads and in parks and in supermarkets and stores, just to name a few. It's everywhere. No wonder it shocked us and took us by surprise.

This is the new era, and its intent is to anger and shock us, just like those before, and it all began with Covid.

So what else would be "impossible", folks?

Whatever we may deem impossible and could never happen, WILL happen. So any predictions what the next "shock" will be? Tonight it was the CN Tower... what's next on the agenda? What's gonna "shock us to the core" next!??

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad