Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Harris: Claude Julien isn’t Bruins’ problem; talent level is
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...e_julien_isn_t_bruins_problem_talent_level_is

This is a team that, for understandable salary cap reasons, entered into a rebuilding phase years ago. Key, veteran players were allowed to leave, replaced by high draft choices and prospects. The scouting staff and management appear to have done a good job with their draft picks, adding a long list of kids who should represent the next generation of players wearing the ‘B’.

But such a program is not about now, it’s about the future – about where the organization is two, three, even four years down the road. To be obsessed with making the playoffs this season is silly and counterproductive, which is why team owner Jeremy Jacobs’ remarks earlier this season – his expectation that the B’s would not only qualify for the playoffs, but make a deep run -- was so frivolous, misguided and harmful.

That aided the process not one bit. The whole point of a rebuild is to stay patient and wait – even it means taking a step back now to take two steps forward later.

Also misguided and harmful – downright nuts is more like it – is the prospect that coach Claude Julien could be fired, which seems to be the red-hot rumor du jour. When will outside observers grasp the point that Julien is not the problem with this team – he and his assistants are the primary reason, year after year (including the 2011 Stanley Cup season), that the B’s are as good as they are.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Funny..... in the 45 years since the '72 Cup, the only ones to deliver a Championship were outsiders/non Bruin players: Chiarelli and Julien.

Rest of landscape habitually riddled with ex "prototypical Bruins": Milbury, O'Reilly, O'Connel, Neely, Sweeney...

Common theme throughout? Harry advising JJ.

Get rid of everyone except Sweeney (I think he has the goods, actually) and let him do his job.

Of course that would require JJ to get rid of his own "binkey" Harry and stop being the emporer with no clothes. Of course that's not going to happen, so let's fire Claude and get back to the business at hand: rebuilding and winning simultaneously!

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Interesting that Harris and Flutonare pro Clode.

Meanwhile Haggs, Trenni, Felger and Tanguay were just piling on saying that he should already be gone.

To me, that tells you what you need to know.

World of Wardlow

Unscripted Violence
Jul 13, 2006
Montreal
IMO, no way should Claude Julien be fired. The team does not have the talent - this is management problem (they've done a poor job). However, should Julien be fired I think Cam NEEDS to be coach. If you're going to be a ***** about the situation (well documented that he does not like Claude) and be unhappy etc, then coach the ****ing team yourself and prove that YOU can coach the team (with the talent YOU and Sweeney put up front) BETTER than Claude Julien.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
If I really see Neely coaching this team, I have seen it all. Positive: we are probably heading for a top three pick right away.

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site
Krug Carlo Marchand Krejci Backes Bergeron Pasta Chara Rask...no talent!!? I think some teams wish they had these guys. The one supposedly weak area was to be defense talent, but they are doing well there. I don't think it's talent, it's malaise

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I understand who the source is, but if it is actually true, what an absolute clusterf$$$ this management team has become.:shakehead

Jimmy Murphy ‏@MurphysLaw74 8m8 minutes ago
Per a reliable source: Prior to Charlie Jacobs talking to @BuckinBoston, Jeremy Jacobs told Charlie, if Neely fires Julien, he coaches...

If this is indeed true, then my opinion of JJ has changed.

They told us "the buck stops with Neely", so now he's saying make your move but if this cluster*** continues

ronwm

Aug 4, 2010
(South of) Boston
Harris: Claude Julien isn’t Bruins’ problem; talent level is
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...e_julien_isn_t_bruins_problem_talent_level_is

This is a team that, for understandable salary cap reasons, entered into a rebuilding phase years ago. Key, veteran players were allowed to leave, replaced by high draft choices and prospects. The scouting staff and management appear to have done a good job with their draft picks, adding a long list of kids who should represent the next generation of players wearing the ‘B’.

But such a program is not about now, it’s about the future – about where the organization is two, three, even four years down the road. To be obsessed with making the playoffs this season is silly and counterproductive, which is why team owner Jeremy Jacobs’ remarks earlier this season – his expectation that the B’s would not only qualify for the playoffs, but make a deep run -- was so frivolous, misguided and harmful.

That aided the process not one bit. The whole point of a rebuild is to stay patient and wait – even it means taking a step back now to take two steps forward later.

Also misguided and harmful – downright nuts is more like it – is the prospect that coach Claude Julien could be fired, which seems to be the red-hot rumor du jour. When will outside observers grasp the point that Julien is not the problem with this team – he and his assistants are the primary reason, year after year (including the 2011 Stanley Cup season), that the B’s are as good as they are.

Came here hoping to read something that wasn't all twitter-crazy. Found it once I got here....Thanks, Wally. :handclap:

Spanky185

Dec 1, 2014
Between BOS and NYC
Claude is very much part of the problem. It's a whole pie of blame, and he certainly has a big share of it. Being a good - even great - coach does not mean he is still the right coach for this team going forward.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Funny..... in the 45 years since the '72 Cup, the only ones to deliver a Championship were outsiders/non Bruin players: Chiarelli and Julien.

Rest of landscape habitually riddled with ex "prototypical Bruins": Milbury, O'Reilly, O'Connel, Neely, Sweeney...

Common theme throughout? Harry advising JJ.

Get rid of everyone except Sweeney (I think he has the goods, actually) and let him do his job.

Of course that would require JJ to get rid of his own "binkey" Harry and stop being the emporer with no clothes. Of course that's not going to happen, so let's fire Claude and get back to the business at hand: rebuilding and winning simultaneously!

Absolutely spot on. :yo:

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Krug Carlo Marchand Krejci Backes Bergeron Pasta Chara Rask...no talent!!? I think some teams wish they had these guys. The one supposedly weak area was to be defense talent, but they are doing well there. I don't think it's talent, it's malaise

This +1.
the team is not stanley cup level talent, but there is enough talent to win, and to play consistently. Never calls out a vet for subpar play.
There are no consequences for poor vet play. Are other teams like this
?

Healthy Wrap

May 15, 2014
Neely’s Kitchen
we need more Charlie

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad