Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
And losing makes those seats empty.

I don't understand "unwilling to lose money to win". Usually people that become billionaires are very willing to lose money short term to win big long term.

Ilitch wanted to buy championships before he died. He financed a nice run of Cups in Detroit but finally the salary cap slowed him down.

I fear what the Bruins might do next.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
8 out of 10 times what? Not going to the Stanley cup?

I'll ****ing take 2 Stanley cup appearances every decade, idk I'm not greedy though

With the number of teams in the NHL now getting to the SCF twice every decade is a lofty goal.

Montreal hasn't been to the SCF in 24 years and Toronto is at 50. We can't complain.

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
Literally nobody said that

Cute. intellectually dishonest, but cute.

If they fire Julian, then, let's agree that that would mean that he's considered to be, or at least charged with being, "most at fault", then?

That's what many here are arguing, correct?

Or, are we postulating that DS and Cam know they themselves are partly/mostly to blame, but because they're higher on the food chain, CJ's the most convenient scapegoat?

Under any of these scenarios, it's still a dumb move because no coach is going to get anything out of this "half an NHL team" we call the Bruins.

Half the NHL coaches are mediocre. But, yeah, let's roll the dice and hope for the best in a couple years when the players catch up. Really smart. :shakehead

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
They have been given the same opportunities as those who play ahead of them, see Carlo, Krug

that is true . The issue is that they have been given the same opportunities to show what Julien wants to see, Miller and Morrow provide a different product than Carlo, it's called offence, but Claude wants to see defence.

Now I am a fan of Carlo and I love what he brings but I also love what Miller brings and quite frankly find Miller way more entertaining. So while the 3 have been given the same chance it is only one thing Claude is interested in and that is defence. So because Carlo is better at playing defensive hockey, he gets the gig.

Remember how Krug got his chance, the fact that he was able to produce right away is what forced Julien's hand. I really don't think he would have been the same chance if we had all the plug Dmen we have now at the time. At the end of the day Krug really isn't that good at defence, he's not miles ahead of Miller who if given the chance to play regularly the same way Krug was given he probably wouldn't be to far behind. Krug makes just as many mistakes as Miller does.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
that is true . The issue is that they have been given the same opportunities to show what Julien wants to see, Miller and Morrow provide a different product than Carlo, it's called offence, but Claude wants to see defence.

Now I am a fan of Carlo and I love what he brings but I also love what Miller brings and quite frankly find Miller way more entertaining. So while the 3 have been given the same chance it is only one thing Claude is interested in and that is defence. So because Carlo is better at playing defensive hockey, he gets the gig.

Remember how Krug got his chance, the fact that he was able to produce right away is what forced Julien's hand. I really don't think he would have been the same chance if we had all the plug Dmen we have now at the time. At the end of the day Krug really isn't that good at defence, he's not miles ahead of Miller who if given the chance to play regularly the same way Krug was given he probably wouldn't be to far behind. Krug makes just as many mistakes as Miller does.

Cannot disagree with this post I like Colin Miler but not Morrow however.Afraid Bruins are gonna lose Miller to Vegas :(

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
Cute. intellectually dishonest, but cute.

If they fire Julian, then, let's agree that that would mean that he's considered to be, or at least charged with being, "most at fault", then?

That's what many here are arguing, correct?

Or, are we postulating that DS and Cam know they themselves are partly/mostly to blame, but because they're higher on the food chain, CJ's the most convenient scapegoat?

Under any of these scenarios, it's still a dumb move because no coach is going to get anything out of this "half an NHL team" we call the Bruins.

Half the NHL coaches are mediocre. But, yeah, let's roll the dice and hope for the best in a couple years when the players catch up. Really smart. :shakehead

Try not to get so upset when people have a different opinion than you do. Try to keep your emotions out of it. It's easier that way.

I would say most people here that want him fired think that's he's a good coach but also understand that it's time for a change.

No coach wins the Cup anymore when they've been with the same team for this long.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Try not to get so upset when people have a different opinion than you do. Try to keep your emotions out of it. It's easier that way.

I would say most people here that want him fired think that's he's a good coach but also understand that it's time for a change.

No coach wins the Cup anymore when they've been with the same team for this long.

Quenneville has three in one less year. ;)

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Too bad not given opportunity over should be better players.

Morrow and Miller got chances, they have proven that with the least amount of ice time against the weakest opposition, they cannot be trusted. Why should they get more time? Time to face facts, Morrow is definitely not an NHL defenceman and Miller might be if he can produce enough offense to be a pp #6 defenceman.

HeartsAlive

Apr 11, 2013
Unless this management team is as truly incompetent as most think it is (which for the most part I agree) then I don't think Claude is getting fired in season. If it were to happen, then after the last 2 games are when it needs to happen, there is nothing to gain but lost time bringing in the next guy if he's fired after losing to Chicago and Pittsburgh. I've been in favor of moving on from Claude in the past, but if you're going to keep him on for these next 2 games only to fire him 2 weeks from now during the A.S. break then you are pretty much stabbing one of the best coaches in your teams storied history right in the back.

To me, I'm holding the slimmest of hopes that the Murphy stuff is JJ putting Cam's feet to the fire. "If you want to fire him, you're taking the reigns from here". If I'm further reading into it, Cam even hinting that he wants Sweeney to coach is him just passing the buck down on a subordinate.

The debacle that has been the last 3 seasons really just shows how far removed from a cohesive plan this entire management team has. Owners that want to win now, either for good of the team or good for their bottom line. A president that wants to bring back the rock em sock em 80's when those players are getting passed over for speed and skill. A GM drafting a character driven new core that lacks elite skills (save McAvoy and maybe Senyshyn). A coach that just wants a defensively responsible, hard working team to play a system that doesn't really matchup well in today's NHL.

That coupled with a team with a just talented enough core to keep them from ever really being out of the the top 18 or so teams in the league. It's also just old enough and expensive enough that you're not likely to see them win again without an infusion of young homegrown ELC talent, which is still too young to help now.

The team needs to pick a damn direction.

Last edited:

the overrated

wicked overrated
Jul 13, 2006
Suburbia
While I hope it doesn't happen today, I wouldn't be surprised to see a firing happen today. (1) It's Friday, so if they time it right it'll be too late to get it into the news cycle too prominently locally, and (2) most fans are concentrating more on the Pats. So much the same way the State of the Bruins was somewhat hidden by the Pats game, an announcement that might bring some criticism could easily be hidden on a day like today.

Its either that or both CJ and Cam get canned by the end of the season

Can you imagine cam as a coach??

Door slams. In your face. That stare ... Scary

Players will respond . Just not sure in a positive or negative way

The idea that the players will respond positively in the slightest to Cam looking at them with his angry scowl is a longshot, in my eyes. I think it'd do more to alienate the players than anything motivational.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
8 out of 10 times what? Not going to the Stanley cup?

I'll ****ing take 2 Stanley cup appearances every decade, idk I'm not greedy though

Me too,but I'm not okay with the 8 other years of not making the playoffs or bowing out with one series win. Maybe the 2 DNQs didn't have the talent? They did. Maybe the 2 first round losers didn't have the talent,they did. Maybe the 3 2nd round losers didn't have the talent,they did.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Morrow and Miller got chances, they have proven that with the least amount of ice time against the weakest opposition, they cannot be trusted. Why should they get more time? Time to face facts, Morrow is definitely not an NHL defenceman and Miller might be if he can produce enough offense to be a pp #6 defenceman.

Way too premature,with approx 60 scattered NHL games each and for an unforgiving coach feeling the pressure of nightly "must wins."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad