Management Claude Julien II Mod Note post 754

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
:laugh: Oh the irony. Holy ****.

I would love for Claude to get fired and the Bruins to start winning again to shut up all of the people on their high horses.

Winning would be nice. It truly would. But I'd be happy to see an honest effort for a full game. It feels like 20 years since I've seen this team have enough pride to actually give a flying **** about what's happening on the ice. So yes, I'd love for them to win, but I'd also be satisfied with them just actually giving a **** for a change.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
If we are hearing things about Claude, then I'm sure the players have as well. The Bruins reacted to Charlie Jacobs' statements about Claude that were made earlier in the day in their first shift against Detroit that resulted in a goal. I don't think the Bruins' play in the 1st period last night and rumblings about Claude getting fired are a coincidence, but I could be wrong.

I agree with all this, but my question was how do we know that management hasn't spoken to the team?, which is what I thought your first post implied.

5Jack0

Mar 6, 2012
Somewhere out there
Long time lurker.....
Time for the coach to go. For the majority of his time here he's had a Norris caliber #1 D, a selke winning C, and Vezina caliber goaltending. Plus plenty of secondary talent to go around. Thomas in 2011 and Tuukka in 2013( he had a better playoff than Thomas stat wise if I remember correctly) got him his 2 finals runs. Too many playoff upsets and late season gag jobs to justify keeping him. I'd rather they sack The coach than make an ill advised trade of either Carlo or Mcavoy to try to salvage what is a middling team. Send Sacco with him and give Cassidy a shot. If it fails terribly we get a top 5 pick out of it maybe. If it doesn't we have another good coach. Winning all around:)

bbruins3

Mar 18, 2012
Estevan SASK
Long time lurker.....
Time for the coach to go. For the majority of his time here he's had a Norris caliber #1 D, a selke winning C, and Vezina caliber goaltending. Plus plenty of secondary talent to go around. Thomas in 2011 and Tuukka in 2013( he had a better playoff than Thomas stat wise if I remember correctly) got him his 2 finals runs. Too many playoff upsets and late season gag jobs to justify keeping him. I'd rather they sack The coach than make an ill advised trade of either Carlo or Mcavoy to try to salvage what is a middling team. Send Sacco with him and give Cassidy a shot. If it fails terribly we get a top 5 pick out of it maybe. If it doesn't we have another good coach. Winning all around:)

This

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Sorry if you've also made this clear earlier, but are you advocating that impact?

I mean, an asteroid can make a large impact as well, but not necessarily an impact that one would want.

No. But I understand it.

I think he's a great coach and fail to see who they would bring in that would be better. But something needs to change, it's been too much of the same for too long. It's the lazy way out, but I think it's the path of least resistance and therefore thats the most likely course of action because I don't think the right people are in charge at the top.

I think it's likely the first domino to fall and while I don't really agree with it, it's time for a change to be made and it's what I'm expecting to happen.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
No. But I understand it.

I think he's a great coach and fail to see who they would bring in that would be better. But something needs to change, it's been too much of the same for too long. It's the lazy way out, but I think it's the path of least resistance and therefore thats the most likely course of action because I don't think the right people are in charge at the top.

I think it's likely the first domino to fall and while I don't really agree with it, it's time for a change to be made and it's what I'm expecting to happen.

I'm with you Kate and I'm choosing to be positive about it. Neely has to go, IMO, and he's not going before Julien. Let's just start the process.

Also, it'd be nice if the GM awoke from his slumber and shook things up a bit. Maybe. Probably wouldn't kill him right?

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
No, I take no issue with that. He is an excellent coach.

Because one is top-5, even though it reads more cleverly, doesn't make the other bottom-5.

ETA: I don't know if cleverly is a word. It's been a long day. You get the point.

Cleverly is indeed a word. :teach:

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
Winning would be nice. It truly would. But I'd be happy to see an honest effort for a full game. It feels like 20 years since I've seen this team have enough pride to actually give a flying **** about what's happening on the ice. So yes, I'd love for them to win, but I'd also be satisfied with them just actually giving a **** for a change.

Yea, if we get a new coach I still don't expect us to make the playoffs but hopefully the Bruins will play like the coach didn't lose the room.

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
Claude Julien doesn't have it anymore. At least not with the Bruins. He's brought the franchise as far as he can and the answer is the product that you have now - no playoffs 3 straight years, inconsistent effort, some bright wins, then some stinkers, giving up a 3 goal lead to lose, etc.

We're going to need to fire Clode. But I don't see any benefit to doing it until the end of the season. And it doesn't stop there. We need to fire the entire management team too - this includes Neely and Sweeney.

Then bring on a brand new GM and let the GM pick his guy, his head coach, etc. We're going to need to go into full staff talent search this offseason from top to bottom.

Firing Julien is going to happen. But you need to start the operation from the very root of the cancer. Only firing Clode would be just like removing the cyst on the top, but not digging down deep enough - then you still end up with recurring cancer.

It's your move Jacobs. Make the call.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
That is incredibly frustrating.

We all know that it's hard to make a trade. It's relatively simple to hire a PR group to make you appear like you have a small ****ing iota of a clue what you're doing with the fans. Even if you don't.

Kate, why bother to hire a PR firm to make moves that will not have any real impact and be seen for what they are by the media and fans...

PR moves.

Exactly. Can't wait til they fire Clode and this team goes straight from the frying pan to the fire, if for no other reasons than to shut the mouths of the pseudo intelligencia here and to get the B's braintrust (such that it is) to rebuild this club from the bottom up.

:laugh: Oh the irony. Holy ****.

I would love for Claude to get fired and the Bruins to start winning again to shut up all of the people on their high horses.

I thought the same thing. And even if they don't win, the B's can sell at the deadline and get a higher pick. This isn't about Clode being a great coach or not (which is debatable), it's about a new voice.

Just using the term pseudo intrlligencia should be a punishable offense by the way.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I said it 11 pages ago but this really is all on Neely. I think it's been obvious what Sweeney had been trying to do (rebuild) and I think it's obvious Claude is a good coach (I don't think that point is debatable at all btw, he is)

Something is wrong with the organization and it isn't Sweeney or Claude imo. That leaves one person. Unfortunately he's not gonna fire himself and I doubt Jacobs does it midseason

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Subpar President who doesn't know what he's doing
Subpar roster that has too many holes to be fully competitive
GM who the jury is still out on
Elite coach

But, yeah, let's get rid of the coach. Makes total sense.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I said it 11 pages ago but this really is all on Neely. I think it's been obvious what Sweeney had been trying to do (rebuild) and I think it's obvious Claude is a good coach (I don't think that point is debatable at all btw, he is)

Something is wrong with the organization and it isn't Sweeney or Claude imo. That leaves one person. Unfortunately he's not gonna fire himself and I doubt Jacobs does it midseason

I think it's possible for all of us to agree Claude is a damn good coach but folks to still feel like he has to go. I mean I love the guy and have defended him against criticism for years here, but I'm even fine if they try a new direction now. You really can't deny that something is truly wrong here, and while I feel that something is largely on Neely, somewhat on Sweeney and only a little on the coach, the coach always goes first. That's life. So let's just take our medicine. The sooner he goes, the sooner we get to the real problems.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Subpar President who doesn't know what he's doing
Subpar roster that has too many holes to be fully competitive
GM who the jury is still out on
Elite coach

But, yeah, let's get rid of the coach. Makes total sense.

What makes the coach elite? 1 SC win,1 SC loss,3 round 2 losses,2 round 1 losses, and at least 2 DNQs. After the SC years ,he has 3 playoff series wins in 7 years.

Ten Thousand Hours

Aug 17, 2010
Boston
What makes the coach elite? 1 SC win,1 SC loss,3 round 2 losses,2 round 1 losses, and at least 2 DNQs. After the SC years ,he has 3 playoff series wins in 7 years.

Those are very, very good results. I'm not pro-Claude, but I don't know what you're trying to say by saying he "only" has one Cup in his time here.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012

Take away any coach's Stanley Cup years (if they even have any, much less multiple) and their resume probably won't look very good.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I think the Bruins are a better team than they have shown.Is it all Julian's fault of course not.But this team is so inconsistent ,I'm not even sure whether there good or not.There is some reason this team just seems to play when they want and show up,when they want .Its time to make the change to see what this team is.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

It's almost like the roster is much worse or something

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I think it's possible for all of us to agree Claude is a damn good coach but folks to still feel like he has to go. I mean I love the guy and have defended him against criticism for years here, but I'm even fine if they try a new direction now. You really can't deny that something is truly wrong here, and while I feel that something is largely on Neely, somewhat on Sweeney and only a little on the coach, the coach always goes first. That's life. So let's just take our medicine. The sooner he goes, the sooner we get to the real problems.

Totally agree with the fact claude is gonna be the first one burned at the stake. That's just the way it is. Sucks but they are gonna make a change and it isn't gonna be Neely going first

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Those are very, very good results. I'm not pro-Claude, but I don't know what you're trying to say by saying he "only" has one Cup in his time here.

I just don't see elite coaching here. He won when he should have,has lost some when he should have won,and he's losing when he should be. We'll get over it.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
I understand who the source is, but if it is actually true, what an absolute clusterf$$$ this management team has become.:shakehead

Jimmy Murphy ‏@MurphysLaw74 8m8 minutes ago
Per a reliable source: Prior to Charlie Jacobs talking to @BuckinBoston, Jeremy Jacobs told Charlie, if Neely fires Julien, he coaches...

Jimmy Murphy ‏@MurphysLaw74 7m7 minutes ago
Per same source: Upon being told by C. Jacobs that JJ wanted him to coach, Neely said Sweeney or Cassidy should coach & not him.....

Jimmy Murphy ‏@MurphysLaw74 6m6 minutes ago
So as of now, I'm told, #Bruins management figuring out whether to stand pat with Julien or one of Neely or Sweeney or Cassidy becomes coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad