Clarke MacArthur Appreciation Thread

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
I really think Mac should take the rest of the season off, symptoms or not. After getting 3 in such a short period, a 4th one could cripple his quality of life for the rest of his life.

Or maybe atleast up to a couple weeks before the playoffs, and take it from there.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Get well soon. Come back soon. We need you!!!!

getwell2.gif

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Saw him at Big Rig tonight.

Looked as good as you could imagine a guy eating his dinner would look. His knife & fork handling skills are still all-world.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
Must suck to be in his position. The reasonable thing to do is to retire and maybe find a way to be part of the organization as he seems to really appreciate what the team has allowed him to do. However, for guys like Mac, quitting has never been an option throughout their career.

He probably feels fine 99% of the time, but as soon as he inevitably gets his bell rung again, his quality of life is at risk. Brain injuries are no joke.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Man I love this guy. What a warrior. As much as it would hurt to see him unconscious on the ice again, I can't blame the man for having to try to see if he can make a comeback.

We all know theres risks, but if even his wife can support his decision to do this, then I as a fan, I can as well.

Hope we see you out there next year Grizz

:cheers:

Can't say I support his decision. It's good for the team that we may get a top 6 caliber forward, but 20 years down the road, we're gonna hear about his health issues if he sustains another concussion.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Can't say I support his decision. It's good for the team that we may get a top 6 caliber forward, but 20 years down the road, we're gonna hear about his health issues if he sustains another concussion.

I support his decision.

I'm sure he's fully aware of the risks and consequences, yet he loves the game to the point of possibly having serious brain issues later. Who are we to say otherwise?

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
I support his decision.

I'm sure he's fully aware of the risks and consequences, yet he loves the game to the point of possibly having serious brain issues later. Who are we to say otherwise?

Replace, "the game" with "MDMA".

Now how do you feel?

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury

I mean if his family, the team, and the doctors (tbd) support his decision, why can't you? He probably means more to them than he ever could one one of us, so you probably just don't realize how much this means to him as person.

For a competitor like Grizz, living with a huge sense of regret might be just as bad a fate as having to potentially deal with concussion like symptoms, which he obviously knows the pain of.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
What pro hits the ODR for 3 hours? A guy that loves hockey, one of my favorite sens but I really worry about him coming back and getting hurt again. Its not like its your knee or shoulder. I hope he can come back and I trust the doctors will not let him unless its right.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
After two years away and a post-concussion psyche I wonder what he will still be able to contribute. The mind is willing, but is the body able.

Should the Sens be taking that Risk, again.

bornNraised Sens

Apr 8, 2014
I got all the support from them. At the same time, I still felt wanted and they wanted me to come back. Maybe in a different organization, you might feel something different. You see it around the league, where guys kind of get pushed out. I didn’t have that feeling at all. They still believe in me, which is amazing after two years

I wonder what he is referring to here...

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I wonder what he is referring to here...

Simply that Ottawa is an organization that is supporting a player in his situation like if he was a true person, instead of just trying to get rid of him, even though they could save that cap space and just "move on" and save 80% of the money. They will probably help him every way they can if he wants to try and make a come back next year. That's the kind of organization the Sens are. Yes, they could forget about loyalty and human values for a minute and become a "better business", but in the end it depends what you are made of. I know it's one of the reasons I cheer for this franchise, even though I live right here in Montreal.

bornNraised Sens

Apr 8, 2014
Simply that Ottawa is an organization that is supporting a player in his situation like if he was a true person, instead of just trying to get rid of him, even though they could save that cap space and just "move on" and save 80% of the money. They will probably help him every way they can if he wants to try and make a come back next year. That's the kind of organization the Sens are. Yes, they could forget about loyalty and human values for a minute and become a "better business", but in the end it depends what you are made of. I know it's one of the reasons I cheer for this franchise, even though I live right here in Montreal.

I think it's pretty clear he's referring to a former team that is starting to get the reputation of, for lack of a better term, forcing injured vets away from the team and to just collect their pay cheque on ltir.

But yes I do agree that Ottawa treats their players very well, and that this has definetly helped ottawa's reputation around the league.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
BUMP

To all people who didn't believe in Clarke, that man must be so happy right now, he just scored the biggest goal of his career.

Hats off man, bravo :handclap:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

It's the organizations in business & in sports who treat their employees (players) well that have the most loyalty & do well. You treat people badly & they won't give a damn whether you do well or not & may even sabotage you, treat them right & they will have your back most of the time. :nod:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
BUMP

To all people who didn't believe in Clarke, that man must be so happy right now, he just scored the biggest goal of his career.

Hats off man, bravo :handclap:

Name one person who didn't believe in Mac.

Pretty much everyone on this board was afraid of the effects of another concussion and his quality of life, not his abilities as a hockey player.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Great heart warming ending to a very difficult time for Mac these past two seasons to get the GWG to end the Bruins season & send Ottawa to the next round. :handclap: What a story ... what an ending! :handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: