Clarke MacArthur Appreciation Thread

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
That's like the first step to evaluating a concussion though. Doesn't mean he has one just that the trainer was doing his job. Really hoping this is precautionary.

And McArthur will get that check in spades every time. Just hope it is not a concussion.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Boucher says it was a nagging injury from game 1, and is day-to-day. Not sure if it's BS or not.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Great to hear it wasn't a head injury.

I know Mac trained and practiced a lot before his return, but I'm not surprised he's one of the many banged up Sens. All of the hockey he's played has been of the high-intensity variety with lots of physicality. I'm sure he trained extremely hard but coming straight into that after such a long absence has to create a lot of soreness and risk of injury.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
This is the reason we sought out some depth. If Pyatt isn't back and Mac can't suit up, Kelly is probably back in at "C" and Smith to wing.

lancepitlick

Nov 20, 2016
I'm not targeting anybody? I'm just saying that firstly, many posters didn't believe he could come back and secondly, many didn't think he could actually make a difference. If you don't believe me, just read the MacArthur threads, I tell you things exactly how they are. No need to take it personal.

I am also scared for him as one hit to the head could be dangerous, but the difference with most, is I am equally "scared" for every player as one big hit could have a serious effect, that you have concussion history or not. His history should be in the past now and nothing proves that he is much more likely to get concussions now that it is supposed to be fixed... Hopefully he is lucky from now on.

This is a completely ignorant post. Previous concussions make you more susceptible to future concussions and the cumulative effect is more dangerous than a single one.

lancepitlick

Nov 20, 2016
He can be capable of playing hockey, but his brain has taken a beating and I'd rather he didn't end up killing himself or living a lifetime of pain.

So yeah, I think he should retire. His life is more important than some meaningless goal that nobody will remember four years from now.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
This is a dumb and bad opinion. He's proven himself.

Not to mention, he said himself, the feeling of scoring again, and better yet, the series 1 clincher were priceless for him and his family. He came back knowing it was dangerous looking to prove he still could be a competitor and he went above and beyond. Now if he has to retire for whatever injury, new or aggravated, he can do so with a much less regret.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
He can be capable of playing hockey, but his brain has taken a beating and I'd rather he didn't end up killing himself or living a lifetime of pain.

So yeah, I think he should retire. His life is more important than some meaningless goal that nobody will remember four years from now.

You have to realize we are not spurring him on to play we are cheering for him because that's what he wants to do

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008

I'll remember his first goal from the Boston series and his series clinching goal in 4 years. But I won't remember you.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
You have to realize we are not spurring him on to play we are cheering for him because that's what he wants to do

This.

And yes, I still hold my breath every time Mac gets hit, and probably will for the rest of his career. I think we all know his is taking an additional risk out there compared to most other players.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
This.

And yes, I still hold my breath every time Mac gets hit, and probably will for the rest of his career. I think we all know his is taking an additional risk out there compared to most other players.

Hoping he's okay but don't have a good feeling about this, just seeing the trainers eyes when he took Mac back to the room makes you worry.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad