Clarke MacArthur Appreciation Thread

lancepitlick

Nov 20, 2016
NHL teams would never lie about an injury in the playoffs.

If Clarke insists on playing, fine, but I derive no joy watching him out there. The risk is crazy and the reward isn't anywhere close. I think it just goes to show that players need to be saved from themselves and probably still don't fully appreciate the risk involved.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Need him back ,like theY said on the radio. he really does give us a different look on the PP.

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
If it were a concussion, the team would announce it as it would definitely mean he's out for the playoffs (even if it's a "mild" one).

As others have mentioned, the trainer looks straight into his eyes BECAUSE of his history, it's no indication of this specific injury. I have a feeling that if he was taken out of the game but it's not serious that it was probably because it was a neck injury and they wanted to be EXTRA safe with Mac. With the depth the team has, it can afford to take him out for precautionary reasons.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Although the team needs a new look again, 2SHG against :/
It has happened alot to us ,we telegraph the points far too often .It wasnt a shocker to see them put two fast guys. Up high and put huge pressure on our point men .The forwards need to see this and work the down low play more :nod:

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Agreed. What a totally unexpected and amazing late season addition he's been. A free, gritty top 6 forward to insert I to the lineup. Amazing.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Just re-watched a bunch of video from the 1st two rounds.

It's pretty ridiculous the level he has managed to play/compete at given all the time he missed.

What a beauty.

:yo:

That's because his two best assets are his IQ and his heart and soul play.

Though i'd be lying if i thought he'd be anything more useful than a 3rd liner. He's blown everyone's expectations and he's a pretty big reason why we are where we are. He's made several tremendous plays.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
He's better than he was before he got injured. I seem to remember he was slumping big time, and it was after his injury and Lehner's that the Hamburglar run started.

Last edited:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Mac is playing well & has taken some big hits & survived, so far so good. :handclap:

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
There is a chance that he retires. When asked how he felt he said he was going to take a week off before making a decision. He still has to talk to doctors. Also said only having 4 games to get ready for the playoffs was tough but was happy with his performance. Said his neck is sore.

Is it possible the only reason he was cleared is because they made a deal that he would retire after the playoffs? Seems odd that he comes back from injury to continue his career and people are asking him if he is going to retire. Even he is thinking about it.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
There is a chance that he retires. When asked how he felt he said he was going to take a week off before making a decision. He still has to talk to doctors. Also said only having 4 games to get ready for the playoffs was tough but was happy with his performance. Said his neck is sore.

Is it possible the only reason he was cleared is because they made a deal that he would retire after the playoffs? Seems odd that he comes back from injury to continue his career and people are asking him if he is going to retire. Even he is thinking about it.

Only MacArthur knows at this point.

But, I wouldn't be surprised if he came back to kick some sand in the face of the hockey gods. Show them, and everyone else, that he would leave the game on his own terms. Not from some stupid injury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad