GWT: CL Match Day 1

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Any top team in Europe would easily beat Liverpool on any form that group of crap has.
It must really upset you that Liverpool were so good last year and made the CL final, and are getting so much credit around world football. Please tell us how you really feel.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Any top team in Europe would easily beat Liverpool on any form that group of crap has.

1033561442.jpg

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
This halftime report is refreshing. You mean to tell me a TV network doesn't believe its anchors have to wear suits to talk about sports?

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
The reason it feels like Salah isn't having a great start to the season is three-fold.

1. He's distracted by the Egyptian FA thing and might quit because they keep forcing him to meet people like Kadyrov during international games.

2. He started slow last year too.

3. Teams now know that Salah will kill them and are making Mane do it instead. Which he has done. In this game on Sturridge's goal you can see that Kimpembe is too focused on Salah to make any move forward to challenge the ball.

He just looks off the mark. Dribbling like a headless chicken, passing is off and decision making is suspect. Last year he played Messi lite right now he's playing like Lavezzi.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
PSG a little lucky to get one back. Thought it might have been offsides. Both teams have had their moments. This is a game where you really wish Fekir didn't fail his medical. Sturridge scored but hasn't contributed anything outside of the box, (not that we expect him to, but he gave up pressing in the build up to to Meunier goal)

I don't think LFC were ever going to have a clean sheet in this game though. Expecting Firmino to make an appearance sooner than later.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Great first half from Brugge against Dortmund. Did everything but score a goal. So you know the Germans will probably punish us for that in the 2nd half.

Seemed like most of Brugge's shots were from outside the box though. Better than no shots like Dortmund had, but I'm expecting a 0-0 draw barring some mishap.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
So, how did they get to the final?

Easy draw and refs.

It must really upset you that Liverpool were so good last year and made the CL final, and are getting so much credit around world football. Please tell us how you really feel.

Doesn't really bother me at all because they will always be media darlings and always fail to accomplish anything.

Watching Liverpool fans try to talk about their ref aided cakewalk to the final as though finishing 2nd is a big accomplishment is rather amusing and pretty much par for the course for Liverpool fans.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
He just looks off the mark. Dribbling like a headless chicken, passing is off and decision making is suspect. Last year he played Messi lite right now he's playing like Lavezzi.

He did that last year at the start too, missing loads of chances. I don't think too much of it yet. At this time last year his only goals were from a foot away, when Arsenal messed up and let him run down the field, and the other was the only decent finish.

This thing with Egypt needs to be resolved though. I didn't think it was an actual problem until his agent released a huge list of complaints about things Egypt forced him to do against his will, it seems like a massive distraction.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Red Star and Napoli is quite boring , if anyone cares. 0-0. Napoli the better looking team as expected.

I expect they'll manage a 1-0 away game if the match continues as is. Still not sold on Milik.

I imagine Carlo will bring in Mertens soon.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Red Star and Napoli is quite boring , if anyone cares. 0-0. Napoli the better looking team as expected.

I expect they'll manage a 1-0 away game if the match continues as is. Still not sold on Milik.

I imagine Carlo will bring in Mertens soon.
Why wouldn't Mertens be starting?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
He's not a starter anymore since Carlo took over. He prefers Milik, who's more of a classic 9.

He's really a LW in a traditional lineup , and Insigne plays there.
Seems kind of weird given how talented he is and how well he's performed the last two seasons especially.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I knew they would whistle foul keeper there. Still very impressed with Sturridge's role in this game seeing as he can't even sprint anymore.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I knew they would whistle foul keeper there. Still very impressed with Sturridge's role in this game seeing as he can't even sprint anymore.
I think it's the right call. Can't go studs up into a keeper even if they ball is to be won. The challenge was reckless because of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad