GWT: CL Match Day 1

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
PSG starting to wilt a bit under the pressure.

Still, they're always dangerous. I want to see more goals from Liverpool.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Should have been a foul on TAA...but not overly surprising.

Cavani was also way offside.

Gift for PSG.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
The three allez chant is a Liverpool chant. Probably Liverpool's loudest chant now. Not sure if that's the one you mean.
No, they even showed PSG fans singing the Allez allleeeez. (twice Allez).

Anyway, nice goal by Meunier.
My 3-1 prediction looks on par.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
If PSG want to be considered a top European club instead of a French league bully they should easily beat Liverpool whether home or away.
I explained that this PSG team isn't in form as of now.
They haven't have a healthy team and Tuchel has changed system many times.
We'll see how they do in february, but I'm guessing MUCH better than their current form.
They also miss 3 important starters, including their best midfielder.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
The three allez chant is a Liverpool chant. Probably Liverpool's loudest chant now. Not sure if that's the one you mean.

We've conquered all of Europe, We're never going to stop, From Paris down to Turkey, We've won the f*cking lot

Allez, Allez , Allez..

haha yeah... trust me , after Roma played Pool in the semi's , I'm quite familiar. It's kinda catchy , not gunna lie.

Reactions: Mr Plow and YNWA14

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I don't believe in defenders being worth as much as the VVD fee was, but I can only imagine what the defense would look like without him there. He stops almost every dangerous moment.

Reactions: YNWA14

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Haha Sturridge.

It's become sad that every time I see Liverpool in Europe, opponents fans are the only ones heard after the YNWA.

Well English fans sucks. They got nothing organized and only have a few moments when the entire stadium starts to sing or when the team does something to inspire them.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I’ve seen enough of Wolf for today

Pretty terrible half. Couldn't get it through the midfield and when they did it was only with extremely predictable passes, and the recipient was quickly outnumbered and lacked any support at all. Witsel and Weigl were stepping on each other's toes the first 25 minutes and they still couldn't work the ball effectively through the middle after that. Team looks lethargic, technically clumsy, and badly organized.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
:facepalm:
Read the thread, understand football, and when you're done... say in 5 years, get back to me.

Yeah I would say that this score isn't surprising. Also if people don't think Liverpool will challenge very closely for the league they haven't been watching the games.

It's not like we're talking about PSG playing some bum team here.

Nonsense. There are very few teams who would "easily beat" Liverpool on current form.

If easy means by three goals, probably none

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
I don't believe in defenders being worth as much as the VVD fee was, but I can only imagine what the defense would look like without him there. He stops almost every dangerous moment.

When you identify it as the difference between being a truly competitive team and not, the way he defuses chances and directs traffic is priceless IMO.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Well, on par with my expectations.

Not much of a game IMO. Both teams play scared of the opposing strengths. Mbappe is having a desastrous game, but that doesn't mean he can't shine on any given play.
Neymar is slowly getting into the game. He could have a very good second half.

Bernat is costing his team dearly. A penalty obviously, but almost every dangerous play has come from his side. Nsoki might only have 3 pro games, but he's miles better and doesn't look like one that could melt under pressure from a CL game.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Great first half from Brugge against Dortmund. Did everything but score a goal. So you know the Germans will probably punish us for that in the 2nd half.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Didn't get a chance to see the second half against PSV, but I did see the goals and the red card. Fantastic hat trick by Messi and yet it just looks so easy.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The reason it feels like Salah isn't having a great start to the season is three-fold.

1. He's distracted by the Egyptian FA thing and might quit because they keep forcing him to meet people like Kadyrov during international games.

2. He started slow last year too.

3. Teams now know that Salah will kill them and are making Mane do it instead. Which he has done. In this game on Sturridge's goal you can see that Kimpembe is too focused on Salah to make any move forward to challenge the ball.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad