GWT: CL Match Day 1

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
We shall see. Keita and Fabinho should be playing at their best by then as well. I also have a suspicion Liverpool will try to make a league clinching type signing in January.
I don't believe Liverpool will challenge for the title tbh.

PSG will get better because they have a new coach and are still learning to play for him. Tuchel is also learning how to use his players.
You won't see Neymar and Mbappe playing this bad either. Verratti is still their best midfielder.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I don't think it's cut or dry either way, but I don't see how anyone would consider them favourites at least considering Liverpool looked the much better team today.
Because, as I said, CONTEXT.

Phew, not hard. PSG is not a good team right now. It's a team of individual talents. They're learning to play under their new coach and once they play together (or gel if you want), they'll be scary.
So I predicted a loss today, and I predict a win in march.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Not really IMO. They are missing way too many scoring chances.

Also it appears nobody noticed that Salah still has tape on his bad shoulder.

They aren't perfect but after watching lot of the big teams in Europe Liverpool has been there with the best so far.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Well I never said he wasn't putting in work or that he was bad. Like I said he's still a very good player. He's also still crucial to the way we play because we have to have that threat from the flanks from him and Mane being on. It's why if we're going to buy someone in the winter it better be a pacey outside forward.
Brandt or Fekir again.

Fekir never signed a new contract with Lyon btw.
Fekir is a great player but Brandt would make way more sense.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Neither team is as good as they should be right now.

Liverpool hopefully won’t peak until later anyhow.

Take the points, keep working and get better.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Lmao. Liverpool isn't even in good form yet.
I don't argue that, I thought they looked average against Spurs, but the world cup took a lot out of you lot. Salah in particular looks fatigued.

Yep that's it. Not the fact that Liverpool is a top tier team nowadays or anything
They're a damn good team, I never said they weren't. However, this game would've easily been a win or a draw for PSG if they were healthy as much as it would've been for Liverpool. Likewise for the Spurs game. What I am arguing is not that I cosnider them bad, but that they're not universally better than Spurs or PSG.

Reactions: Prntscrn

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden

PSG will get better because they have a new coach and are still learning to play for him. Tuchel is also learning how to use his players.
You won't see Neymar and Mbappe playing this bad either. Verratti is still their best midfielder.

PSG's problem is they are playing in a "crap" league. Showed today and has been shown before when they are playing team who can set up a higher intensity and still play good football, they're not used to it. They have the quality to go on and win the whole thing but better opponents week to week would really be good for them

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Because, as I said, CONTEXT.

Phew, not hard. PSG is not a good team right now. It's a team of individual talents. They're learning to play under their new coach and once they play together (or gel if you want), they'll be scary.
So I predicted a loss today, and I predict a win in march.
Sure, but Liverpool aren't at 100% either, haven't fully integrated Keita and Fabinho (who I know you're high on), Salah is out of form and they still very nearly dominated. Even with context saying that it will be a much more even game, or that PSG might be able to win could make sense, but thinking they'll be favourites is a bit overly optimistic IMO.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
PSG's problem is they are playing in a "crap" league. Showed today and has been shown before when they are playing team who can set up a higher intensity and still play good football, they're not used to it
Sigh.
PSG's problem is that they're only starting to play for their coach and have missed 3 important starters.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Is his knee good enough for LFC now? If I were him I'd steer clear

Price would probably go down if Lyon crashes out of the CL. His knee is still awful but probably worth a 40-45m gamble and if he's refusing to sign a new contract that will present problems.

Famous last (but not really last) words...:sarcasm:

Liverpool will challenge for one of the league or CL. Still way too early to know, but their league games have all gone quite smoothly despite some fitness obstacles and missing parts.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
PSG's problem is they are playing in a "crap" league. Showed today and has been shown before when they are playing team who can set up a higher intensity and still play good football, they're not used to it
I would agree, but Bayern never really had this problem. Juve, Real and Barca don’t have to worry about 80-90% of their league matches either if we are being honest.

Some of it has to be put on the players.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Sure, but Liverpool aren't at 100% either, haven't fully integrated Keita and Fabinho (who I know you're high on), Salah is out of form and they still very nearly dominated. Even with context saying that it will be a much more even game, or that PSG might be able to win could make sense, but thinking they'll be favourites is a bit overly optimistic IMO.
Well, it's my opinion obviously.
Liverpool isn't learning a new system under a new coach.
I believe March's PSG will be MUCH better than current PSG, who barely lost here away at Anfield (though Pool deserved the win, no argument here).

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I don't argue that, I thought they looked average against Spurs, but the world cup took a lot out of you lot. Salah in particular looks fatigued.

They're a damn good team, I never said they weren't. However, this game would've easily been a win or a draw for PSG if they were healthy as much as it would've been for Liverpool. Likewise for the Spurs game. What I am arguing is not that I cosnider them bad, but that they're not universally better than Spurs or PSG.

Sorry to any Spurs fans, but yes they are much better than Spurs. I don't care about Spurs injuries at all. They are clearly not as good as in the last few seasons.

Don't know if you watched that game but it should have been 5-1 or 5-2 Liverpool. The amount of open field Liverpool had was genuinely incredible.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Sigh.
PSG's problem is that they're only starting to play for their coach and have missed 3 important starters.

And it has been for the last 7-8 years? Getting used to play a certain way that doesn't work as well against better team and not really being challenged that often really hurts them

Human

cynic
Jan 22, 2011
Bandwagon
And, that change his points how?
Uneducated posters will make tons of ideas about this game, while the context, as been said many times, was always going to be a weak PSG team tonight.
and how it is a stretch or even worse how one seems uneducated if they say Liverpool is a better team than PSG? what's so ridiculous and uneducated about this statement?

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Also, I hope we are able to have this conversation later in the season when Keita and Fabinho are regular starters, and when Gomez is more used to playing CB and has improved more from his already quite high standard.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
And it has been for the last 7-8 years? Getting used to play a certain way that doesn't work as well against better team and not really being challenged that often really hurts them
Do we need to talk about PSG being fairly reffed against Barca two years ago? Would you be signing this tune if PSG had eliminated them like they should have?

People need to stop saying crap like that. They whipped Barca 4-0. How does it work for your theory? Return leg should have been 3-2 (penalty, red card on Mascherano, by his own admission at 3-1).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad