GWT: CL Match Day 1

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
That’s the danger of playing against world class players like that. A turnover and even though Liverpool had numbers, all it took was a bad challenge by VVD and Mbappe has an opening.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
****ing terribly undeserved, but like I said from the beginning this could happen. Too much quality up front from PSG to turn off like that.

Human

cynic
Jan 22, 2011
Bandwagon
I was actually expecting this. PSG has the players to do this. Totally played like shit and next they scored. Also not sold on van Dijk...

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I was actually expecting this. PSG has the players to do this. Totally played like **** and next they scored. Also not sold on van Dijk...
That's how they've played all year long. No team play whatsoever, but individual brilliance gives them points.

Once they learn to play under Tuchel though, they could be scary.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
van Dijk's challenge wasn't great but it wasn't his fault at all IMO. Mbappé and Neymar got to run at Liverpool for free through the middle off that giveaway. I would bet on those two combining to score in that situation almost every time.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
van Dijk's challenge wasn't great but it wasn't his fault at all IMO. Mbappé and Neymar got to run at Liverpool for free through the middle off that giveaway. I would bet on those two combining to score in that situation almost every time.
Sure, but still it wasn't a chance until VVD made a completely ridiculously bad challenge.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Or not, 2-2 final score.

Stats are very even in this game (8 shots to 7 for Pool), but Pool was the most dangerous team, at least throughout the game.
They'll be disappointed not to have won this. Especially since I expect PSG to be better and better as the competition goes on.

PSG has a lot of work. Getting Verratti back, Alves at some point and giving Nsoki the LB or LWB spot.
Maybe finally getting into that 3-4-3 system too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad