- Marek threw out Mason McTavish and Olen Zellweger in Anaheim

- Friedman says he thinks Florida won't pay the price now

- Friedman says he's looking at LA, STL, BOS, and ANA and there's others
- - - Those are the teams he's REALLY looking at

- Marek says with ANA trending toward moving Lindholm, the Ducks make sense

- Friedman reiterated that Chychrun doesn't have to go to a contender
- - - with his age and contract he should be appealing to anyone

- Chychrun is so unique that even Columbus has been after him

- One of the teams that likes Chychrun said that when a guy gets hurt around this time of year
- - - you often punt to the summer but with so many teams in on him, you can't do that

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I still think Comtois (roster player), Zellweger (top prospect), and Anaheim's 1st could be the right deal for BA. It's likely to be the best 1st rounder on offer, and Comtois has that Lawson Crouse/Nick Ritchie type of approach that BA loves so much. Zellweger is producing in the WHL like Clarke is producing in the OHL, and Zellweger is like 2wks shy of being eligible for THIS draft.

I assume ANA will get a later 1st from someone for Lindholm (BOS or STL maybe?) and then they can put a condition on the 1st, so that we get the later pick if theirs wins a lottery. Or maybe something like this:

To STL
Lindholm (50%)

To ANA
Chychrun
STL '23 2nd

To ARI
Scandella
Comtois
Hofer
Zellweger
STL '22 1st

Last edited:
Reactions: Grimes

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
Friedman and Marek on the Marek Pod:

-Both agree that the price for Chychrun is "essentially" 3 firts
-one first is a young player
-one first is a top prospect
-then the 1st itself

- Arizona asked for Knight and Florida doesn't want to do that
- - - Florida is NOT doing that

- One of the teams that likes Chychrun said that when a guy gets hurt around this time of year
- - - you often punt to the summer but with so many teams in on him, you can't do that
juicyyyyyy

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
If we're moving him now I think my preference is to STL for Army to empty the cupboards of some his favourites he selected there.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
If we're moving him now I think my preference is to STL for Army to empty the cupboards of some his favourites he selected there.

CBJ and ANA are mine. It would be great to get some of BA's old picks but maybe he was designing that roster differently than this one. May have been drafting guys who could make the jump quicker where now he would rather have the higher impact player that needs a little more time in the oven.

CBJ and ANA 1sts would really let BA hand select kids for this roster long term. Having FOUR 1sts in this draft would be crazy, my guess is we would end up with 3 but two picks in the top 12 I'd we manage to get another one in the teens.

Reactions: IrishFin

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I predict that I'll be livid with the return, and Chychrun is going to be great with a new team. You'll all will call me crazy but if the return is as low as a lot of the offers thrown around the previous few pages I'll want BA fired. Dvo and Chych are 2 pieces that did/do not need to be moved, and moving them for crap value would be awful.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Replace Studnicka and DeBrusk with Lohrei.

EDIT: sorry. Forgot you were predicting and not suggesting. My bad.

Haha no worries. If I had to predict a deal before the deadline, that's what I'm thinking.

I don't think he gets moved before the deadline. I think they take this to the draft and see if anyone meets it there. You go from 4 or 5 teams to 31 at the draft.

IrishFin

Jun 9, 2016
I think this needs to happen now especially after this last injury scare. There is way too much risk involved with holding off on this till the draft and exposing him to another potential injury. Given what Florida paid for Chiarot, I think a team will step up to the ask.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I predict that I'll be livid with the return, and Chychrun is going to be great with a new team. You'll all will call me crazy but if the return is as low as a lot of the offers thrown around the previous few pages I'll want BA fired. Dvo and Chych are 2 pieces that did/do not need to be moved, and moving them for crap value would be awful.

Dvo and Chychrun are not at the same level

Chychrun could arguably play himself into a top 5 D in the league, he has that ability. Dvorak was never going to be a top line player, let alone a top 10 center. I was ok with trading Dvorak.

I would like to keep Chychrun, because I believe that no one we would trade for is going to be a better player and that would include Clarke if we traded for him. We know what we have in Chychrun, and although he does seem to be injury prone, the only way I'm trading him is 3yrs from now at the deadline if he doesn't want a long-term deal w/the club.

If we could get Lundell, that would be a different story, but we're not, so let's just keep him and get better next year.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I like the proposal of Comtois, Zelweger and 1st. It could make sense for Anaheim since they'll be getting a nice return from shipping out Lindholm.

If we did add Comtois it would be crazy having Crouse, Ritchie and Comtois adding a physical presence to three of our lines. Our rookies could play with more confidence.

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
It worries me a bit ...bringing in a bunch of guys in a trade for Chych..
seems like the chemistry isn't bad now and would better if "home grown" moving forward.
Don't want to become the LA Lakers.
#KeepChych

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019

BA's been good in trades. Kuemper got a good return, DVo got a first that we all thought would be mid-round(?!), he even turned OEL's cap dump into Dylan Guenther (of course we also lost Garland but I still can't believe that he was able to get a net positive return for OEL given how bad the contract is).

BA is good at trading. I'd be very surprised if he trades Chychrun away for anything except a package that is universally regarded as impressive

Reactions: Vinny Boombatz

rt

May 13, 2004
I like the proposal of Comtois, Zelweger and 1st. It could make sense for Anaheim since they'll be getting a nice return from shipping out Lindholm.

If we did add Comtois it would be crazy having Crouse, Ritchie and Comtois adding a physical presence to three of our lines. Our rookies could play with more confidence.
Chychrun for Zellweger+Comtois+ANA 1st

ARI 2nd for McBain

ARI 1st = Nemec

ANA 1st + CAR 1st = Gauthier

Reactions: DoanStopBelievin

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
BA's been good in trades. Kuemper got a good return, DVo got a first that we all thought would be mid-round(?!), he even turned OEL's cap dump into Dylan Guenther (of course we also lost Garland but I still can't believe that he was able to get a net positive return for OEL given how bad the contract is).

BA is good at trading. I'd be very surprised if he trades Chychrun away for anything except a package that is universally regarded as impressive
I hated the conditions in that Dvo deal immediately. Agreed on the rest but those were much more "must move" pieces. Dvo and Chych weren't/aren't. Those guys should cost more.

Dvo and Chychrun are not at the same level

Chychrun could arguably play himself into a top 5 D in the league, he has that ability. Dvorak was never going to be a top line player, let alone a top 10 center. I was ok with trading Dvorak.

I would like to keep Chychrun, because I believe that no one we would trade for is going to be a better player and that would include Clarke if we traded for him. We know what we have in Chychrun, and although he does seem to be injury prone, the only way I'm trading him is 3yrs from now at the deadline if he doesn't want a long-term deal w/the club.

If we could get Lundell, that would be a different story, but we're not, so let's just keep him and get better next year.
They're on different levels for sure, but both are players that we can use on the other side of the rebuild. Agreed on the rest.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
I hated the conditions in that Dvo deal immediately. Agreed on the rest but those were much more "must move" pieces. Dvo and Chych weren't/aren't. Those guys should cost more.

They're on different levels for sure, but both are players that we can use on the other side of the rebuild. Agreed on the rest.

I mean... I see where you're coming from (DVo's a good player) but on a contending team he doesn't score enough to be in your top 6 even if you make him a winger. So by that definition he'd be a 3C... and then how many 3Cs return a first round pick in a deep draft year? Of course it would've been nicer if that pick weren't top-10 protected, that is certainly true. But, imo still a good return even considering that DVo didn't necessarily need to get moved.

Put another way would I rather have a late first in this year's draft or a 26 year old Christian Dvorak? I'll take the late first every time (unless we draft another Perlini or something, time will tell)

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I mean... I see where you're coming from (DVo's a good player) but on a contending team he doesn't score enough to be in your top 6 even if you make him a winger. So by that definition he'd be a 3C... and then how many 3Cs return a first round pick in a deep draft year? Of course it would've been nicer if that pick weren't top-10 protected, that is certainly true. But, imo still a good return even considering that DVo didn't necessarily need to get moved.

Put another way would I rather have a late first in this year's draft or a 26 year old Christian Dvorak? I'll take the late first every time (unless we draft another Perlini or something, time will tell)
I'll take Dvo. I still think there's untapped offensive potential there. He's played in such shitty situations, but I can see a lesser version of a William Karlson type breakout if given the chance.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
I'll take Dvo. I still think there's untapped offensive potential there. He's played in such shitty situations, but I can see a lesser version of a William Karlson type breakout if given the chance.

Makes sense, we can disagree but your points are good (in other words if he plays with Guenther of course his points will go up, if there's chemistry maybe he would break out, who really knows). I'd still take the draft pick but whatever.

Good conversation! Glad we both have opinions that are different and also make sense :)

Reactions: Matias Maccete

Imaravencawcaw

Jul 19, 2018
Friedman and Marek on the Marek Pod:

-Both agree that the price for Chychrun is "essentially" 3 firts
-one first is a young player
-one first is a top prospect
-then the 1st itself

- Arizona asked for Knight and Florida doesn't want to do that
- - - Florida is NOT doing that

Marek is giving me blue balls by throwing out McTavish. That's the kind of player I'd want back for Chychrun otherwise I'd keep him.

Reactions: DoanStopBelievin

rt

May 13, 2004
Marek is giving me blue balls by throwing out McTavish. That's the kind of player I'd want back for Chychrun otherwise I'd keep him.
Wouldn't hold your breath on that. But I agree, it would be great. Imagine trading Chychrun for McTavish, and then winning 2nd overall in the lottery and taking Slafkovsky. That's a team identity, right there. Slafkovsky-McTavish-Guenther - hoooooooo boy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad