Chychrun’s Megathread V (poll added)

Will Chychrun Be Traded Before The Season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Feeling a bit persecuted??

Didn’t know I had to post an answer to every single post in this forum to justify making a response to one of yours.

I went through the trouble of even giving you an out in my last post by summing it all up as a load of unnecessary speculation.

But since you have an insatiable urge to always have the last word….

View attachment 573696

‘Cuz it ain’t my first rodeo.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I didn't speculate so I'm not really sure what your point was?? Except that you read one post and answered without actually reading the conversation.

Coyotes19c

Jul 27, 2021
This is a weird situation with Chychrun. Seems like a lot of smoke involving Ottawa but at the same time it just seems not likely at all. Craig has stated over and over he believes he won’t be traded before the season.

🤷‍♂️

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I get it. Ontario sobriety is the superior sobriety. We just can’t get sobriety like that in Arizona. It’s not authentic, Ontario style sobriety.
You guys sure get your panties in a bunch whenever someone provides a different perspective. I'm not from Ont so certainly not an expert on their sobriety

Reactions: GhostofTommyBolin

Youngguns80

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
Well you were trying real hard to sell the Ontario connection.

I just put it a more reasonable context.

Johnny Gaudreau was all set to go anywhere but C-Bus yet that’s where he ended up. Figuring out where Chychrun would go is an exercise in futility. Because it’s going to depend on what BA is willing to take for him.

Johnny asked to come to Columbus.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
This is a weird situation with Chychrun. Seems like a lot of smoke involving Ottawa but at the same time it just seems not likely at all. Craig has stated over and over he believes he won’t be traded before the season.

🤷‍♂️
We are all waiting for camp to start to see how this saga plays out.

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

🤷‍♂️
Remember Ottawa is run by the guy who was hawking cannabis in Canada before going there.

It’ll be a done deal in just two more weeks.

😎

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Vote: Accept or Reject

To OTT
Chychrun

To ARI
Zaitsev
Brannstrom
Greig
2023 OTT 1st (c.)*

*(c.) if 2023 OTT 1st is Top 10, then pick converts to unconditional 2024 OTT 1st.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: moosemeister

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Accept begrudgingly.

I'd be happy with it overall if the condition was for top 5 protection.
I'm accepting it anyway since I'm just ready to move on from this saga.

Reactions: jmelm

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018

To OTT
Chychrun

To ARI
Zaitsev
Brannstrom
Greig
2023 OTT 1st (c.)*

*(c.) if 2023 OTT 1st is Top 10, then pick converts to unconditional 2024 OTT 1st.
Add a second for Zaitsev. No reason to take him aside from just doing them a favor.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site

To OTT
Chychrun

To ARI
Zaitsev
Brannstrom
Greig
2023 OTT 1st (c.)*

add a 2nd in a future year (the HF trade balancer special) and a conditional pick if the 2023 pick has to be moved to a future year as well.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

To OTT
Chychrun

To ARI
Zaitsev
Brannstrom
Greig
2023 OTT 1st (c.)*

Needs another asset to offset Zaitsev and the pick uncertainty. Brannstrom has very little value, if any. So it's basically Greig+hoping for a pick in the teens for Chychrun less Zaitsev's negative value. That's not going to be enough for BA IMO.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada

To OTT
Chychrun

To ARI
Zaitsev
Brannstrom
Greig
2023 OTT 1st (c.)*

Given the inclusion of cap dump Zaitsev, I'm not ok with the 2023 pick becoming a 2024 unless there's also a conditional '23 2nd rounder that gets transferred if the 1st round pick is deferred a year.

I would still try to extract a 2nd rounder for the Zaitsev dump -- it would normally cost a 1st rounder if not more to dump Zaitsev if he wasn't part of a bigger deal -- but if that wasn't possible and this was truly the best offer on the table, I would vote yes (except for the deferral of the 1st to '24 as mentioned above).

add a 2nd in a future year (the HF trade balancer special) and a conditional pick if the 2023 pick has to be moved to a future year as well.

I disagree. 2023 is an important year as we all know. So if the '23 1st is deferred to '24, then the '23 2nd should be included.

Similarly, if the 2023 is not deferred and we were able to get another 2nd for the Zaitsev dump, that could be in either year ('23 or '24)

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC

To OTT
Chychrun

To ARI
Zaitsev
Brannstrom
Greig
2023 OTT 1st (c.)*

I had the same deal accepted EXCEPT replacing Brannstrom with Klevin.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Given the inclusion of cap dump Zaitsev, I'm not ok with the 2023 pick becoming a 2024 unless there's also a conditional '23 2nd rounder that gets transferred if the 1st round pick is deferred a year.

I would still try to extract a 2nd rounder for the Zaitsev dump -- it would normally cost a 1st rounder if not more to dump Zaitsev if he wasn't part of a bigger deal -- but if that wasn't possible and this was truly the best offer on the table, I would vote yes (except for the deferral of the 1st to '24 as mentioned above).

I disagree. 2023 is an important year as we all know. So if the '23 1st is deferred to '24, then the '23 2nd should be included.

Similarly, if the 2023 is not deferred and we were able to get another 2nd for the Zaitsev dump, that could be in either year ('23 or '24)
Understandable. Have that as the conditional 2nd that becomes a future 2nd if AZ gets to keep the 2013 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad