Chychrun’s Megathread V (poll added)

Will Chychrun Be Traded Before The Season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Thats a rather poor comparison. AZ also had that deadbeat. Chychrun would be leaving a tanking team with bodies for an exciting young team on the upswing. Chychrun is also rather attached to Canada while Stepan isn't.

My question was more about the would come here part? Every team has had such issues at some point, I don't think Ottawa has had many when they have some promise
I believe he was emphasizing an excitement level.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Didn’t Hossa ask out? Heatley. Alfredsson got pissed off and left. None really recent but there is no denying that Ottawa is a less than desirable market so when you can acquire a player excited to join like potentially Chychrun that adds to the appeal.
Not exactly a marquee UFA destination. Cold in-season climate, high taxes, lack of competitive track-record, lacks the history of most Canadian franchises, and brand equity that’s just barely lifting off of rock bottom.

Having a top-end player who’s locked in for three years and just entering his prime would be huge for them. A la DeBrincat.

Reactions: Jakey53

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
Didn’t Hossa ask out? Heatley. Alfredsson got pissed off and left. None really recent but there is no denying that Ottawa is a less than desirable market so when you can acquire a player excited to join like potentially Chychrun that adds to the appeal.
Well, yeah - but only to live out his life long dream of eventually retiring an Arizona Coyote. #Buildthestatue

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
With Klingberg off the board, Calgary flipping Weegar is the only thing that can really disturb BA from getting what he wants.

Pittsburgh, Minny, Columbus, Jersey, Oilers, Detroit, Buffalo should all be lurking in the weeds as well for various reasons. If you've got cap to dump, AZ might take it discounted in a Chychrun trade, same as the OEL deal (for the right return, of course).

Nobody else is shopping around a 24yo LD at $4.6m or less while also taking on cap. This summer is the best opportunity.

Reactions: Kaizen

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
Very little chance of that happening.
Yeah, too many ifs like I said.
I think that's a fan's fantasy - generally, when teams and players move on from each other in a context like this, there's not much chance of a reunion. Although, there ARE exceptions (Vrby, for one).
Of course it's far-fetched, but nevertheless - very unlikely his free agency comes at a time when the team would even want to be adding a significant piece from free agency.
If you're gonna dream you might as well dream in Technicolour 😆
I don't think I've ever dreamed in Technicolor, but have in sepia tone and claymation (Nightmare before Christmas style)!

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Wrong on a number of points. Hossa was shocked and upset to be traded. He didn't want to leave. Heatley and Alfredsson both wanted out/left after contract disputes. Alfredsson and his family remain permanent residents of Ottawa.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I think you have some revisionist history in this post. I don't recall ever reading about Hossa wanting out. Heatley wanted out after a public contract dispute. Alfredsson left as an old guy to chase the Cup, he returned to live on Ottawa after his career ended. The only issues I ever read about Ottawa are arena location and cheap Owner. I recall almost no one that matters asking to get traded out of the market.
I find it funny how Coyote fans want to shit on Ottawa, yet get made when people shit on the Coyote's with valid reasons. I think Coyote fans should sweep their own doorstep before others.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I find it funny how Coyote fans want to shit on Ottawa, yet get made when people shit on the Coyote's with valid reasons. I think Coyote fans should sweep their own doorstep before others.
Showing your true colors. One Coyote fan dumps on Ottawa, ten Coyote fans defend Ottawa, and you post the above. If you are, indeed, a Coyote fan Jakey the above post is an example of self-hating.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Showing your true colors. One Coyote fan dumps on Ottawa, ten Coyote fans defend Ottawa, and you post the above. If you are, indeed, a Coyote fan Jakey the above post is an example of self-hating.
I heard the self hatred had him cutting himself, but when his blood was Coyote red, he was further enraged that it wasn’t Oiler orange!

• Haha
Reactions: Kaizen

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Whatever you say.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Google it. Dad from Ontario, many family members there, played there when he was up younger and spends summers at Family cottage in Ontario.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Google it. Dad from Ontario, many family members there, played there when he was up younger and spends summers at Family cottage in Ontario.
However the family has been in Florida for years. Dad does color for the Panthers now.

And Papa Chychrun flew Jakob from Florida to Detroit every weekend to be in the Little Caesar’s program when he was growing up.

So I wouldn’t tend to believe the Ontario roots mean all that much.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
However the family has been in Florida for years. Dad does color for the Panthers now.

And Papa Chychrun flew Jakob from Florida to Detroit every weekend to be in the Little Caesar’s program when he was growing up.

So I wouldn’t tend to believe the Ontario roots mean all that much.
I never said he had such roots. I said he is far more attached to Canada than Stepan. He played for Canada in the past and had hoped to be in consideration for Olympic team.

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I never said he had such roots. I said he is far more attached to Canada than Stepan. He played for Canada in the past and had hoped to be in consideration for Olympic team.
Well you were trying real hard to sell the Ontario connection.

I just put it a more reasonable context.

Johnny Gaudreau was all set to go anywhere but C-Bus yet that’s where he ended up. Figuring out where Chychrun would go is an exercise in futility. Because it’s going to depend on what BA is willing to take for him.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Well you were trying real hard to sell the Ontario connection.

I just put it a more reasonable context.

Johnny Gaudreau was all set to go anywhere but C-Bus yet that’s where he ended up. Figuring out where Chychrun would go is an exercise in futility. Because it’s going to depend on what BA is willing to take for him.
I was not selling anything, I just challenged the thought that Stepan and Chychrun were comparable in regards to Ottawa. One is clearly an American who didn't move his Family to Ottawa and the other spent part of his youth, lots of his summers, and has Family in Canada while playing for the Country. I'm also not trying to figure it out? You should read the posts without assuming the motives.

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I was not selling anything, I just challenged the thought that Stepan and Chychrun were comparable in regards to Ottawa. One is clearly an American who didn't move his Family to Ottawa and the other spent part of his youth, lots of his summers, and has Family in Canada while playing for the Country. I'm also not trying to figure it out? You should read the posts without assuming the motives.

There’s really no point then in speculating on this, is there?

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
There’s really no point then in speculating on this, is there?
Why don't you go back and read the thread? I asked what the middle part of a quote meant as it said Chycrun would go to Ottawa. I couldn't see any way he wouldn't, with no trade protections having familiarity with the area? I don't seem to recall you saying much about the thousands of speculative posts in here??

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Why don't you go back and read the thread? I asked what the middle part of a quote meant as it said Chycrun would go to Ottawa. I couldn't see any way he wouldn't, with no trade protections having familiarity with the area? I don't seem to recall you saying much about the thousands of speculative posts in here??
Feeling a bit persecuted??

Didn’t know I had to post an answer to every single post in this forum to justify making a response to one of yours.

I went through the trouble of even giving you an out in my last post by summing it all up as a load of unnecessary speculation.

But since you have an insatiable urge to always have the last word….

2B111187-CD47-4AE2-9DF8-1CE9697EED20.gif

‘Cuz it ain’t my first rodeo.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad