Chychrun’s Megathread V (poll added)

Will Chychrun Be Traded Before The Season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
I don't think Chychrun has a ton more value than Provorov.

Chychrun for Provorov, JvR, and Philly's 1st. Then Provorov(30% retained) for Durzi and LA's 1st. Then Durzi to Ottawa for Zaitsev, Brannstrom, and their 1st.

Deal ends up Chychrun for Brannstrom, PHI '23 1st, LAK '23 1st, and OTT '23 1st but we also have to eat JvR, Zaitsev, and 30% of Provorov.

4x 1sts in 2023 is worth it!
I don't think he does either, figured our high 2nd and their presumably mid 1st would clean up that value gap. I was just trying to be cute about grabbing Cutter lol.

Honestly, I'd totally cool with keeping Prov, think he's a big rebound candidate, similar to Gostisbehere.

Gostisbehere - Mayo
Provorov - Stecher
Moser - Timmins
Nemeth, Brown

Add a top flight RD and that's a pretty solid group. Move Gostisbehere at the TDL and bring up whomever is ready. If AT can clean up Provorov's positioning than he'll be a heck of a player to have. Given Philly's coaching situation since IP has been drafted, I really believe a good coach makes IP a top 25 defenseman.

Better not tell your wife you're thinking about what prospects the Toronto Maple Leafs have when she's trying to tell you about her day.
Wait we're supposed to hide that from the wife? Mines getting the short end of the stick lol.

Reactions: RemoAZ

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg

Chychrun for Provorov, JvR, and Philly's 1st. Then Provorov(30% retained) for Durzi and LA's 1st. Then Durzi to Ottawa for Zaitsev, Brannstrom, and their 1st.

Deal ends up Chychrun for Brannstrom, PHI '23 1st, LAK '23 1st, and OTT '23 1st but we also have to eat JvR, Zaitsev, and 30% of Provorov.

Quite sure that LAK and OTT decline those trades. I suspect PHI does too.

Would be fun though.

Reactions: kinghock

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Who says no?

To OTT: Chychrun

To ARI: Zaitsev, Kastelic, Sogaard, Boucher, '23 1st (c.)*

*(c.) = slides to 2024 if OTT wins either the 1st or 2nd pick lottery
Obviously not what we were hoping for / wanting. Kastelic is doubtful to make the NHL. Boucher is a 4th liner with 3rd line upside. If Sogaard doesn't pan out or the pick is late ('cause with Chychrun the Sens make the playoffs IMO) then it would be very disappointing.

So it will probably happen.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA

I stole your simplified version and posted it on the main board Provorov thread.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I truly, truly can't understand why Chychrun for Knight hasn't happened?

Bobrovsky has a 10mil deal with four years left and a full no move clause. He was really good last season, and no small reason why they won the President's trophy. They had big issues in the playoffs, but he wasn't one of them. He did his part. Point is, they're stuck with him. Which isn't really the worst thing because he's playing very well.

Knight is a very good, very cheap insurance policy in case Bob has another down-year. I get that. But he's also not going to want to wait around four seasons. Of course, he could take Bob's job and leave them with a 10mil back-up. Sure. But it's not ideal.

Another thing that isn't ideal is having a Top 5 NHL offense and a Bottom 10 (5?) NHL defense. That forward group is epic. And yet their blueline sucks. It doesn't get the same press that Edmonton and Toronto get, but I'd argue it's just as out of balance, if not more so.

Meanwhile, they've got the perfect dump in Hornqvist. He's a rah rah type veteran leader who's had a ton of career success and would be a great character add for our team. But at the same time, he's got a 5.3 million dollar cap hit and he had 11 goals and 28 points last season. Contenders can't afford to keep guys like that around at prices like that.

Chychrun and Prosvetov for Knight, Hornqvist, and a pick/prospect or two seems like a slam dunk for both sides.

I can certainly understand why FLA does not want to trade Knight.

Any FLA-Chychrun trade SHOULD have happened last year instead of using those assets to get Giroux + Chiarot, and I believe the possibility of anything happening with FLA ended after that. And if it wasn't dead then, it certainly was after the Tkachuk trade. They're just out of assets.

And like I've said before: I think there's sufficient time to find or draft or otherwise obtain a legit starting goalie within the next 3-4 years it's going to take for this team to turn the corner into a competitive one. So I don't think I want a goalie to be the centerpiece of a JC trade. That's why a package that includes a less established G prospect like Blomqvist or Clang or Sogaard or similar type prospect from a team who has a surplus makes more sense.

Reactions: PainForShane
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino