Chychrun’s Megathread V (poll added)

Will Chychrun Be Traded Before The Season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
Redbreast is king.

Redbreast is also pricier than what I'd feel comfortable asking for from a random Coyotes fan on the internet (although to be clear I am also a random Coyotes internet fan).

I agree Redbreast is tasty though. BUT Total Wine has like 4 different Irish whiskey brands that are all around $20 and are basically equally delicious for someone who appreciates scotch (btw Irish Whiskey is NOT scotch but it tastes the same and 3-5x cheaper). To your point though 100% agree I'm not gifting a bottle of Kilbrin at a graduation party or a wedding or anything.

But I imagine I'll be drinking plenty of Kilbrin while watching Yotes games over the next year or two. Maybe even straight out of the bottle. Just saying...

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
Redbreast is also pricier than what I'd feel comfortable asking for from a random Coyotes fan on the internet (although to be clear I am also a random Coyotes internet fan).

I agree Redbreast is tasty though. BUT Total Wine has like 4 different Irish whiskey brands that are all around $20 and are basically equally delicious for someone who appreciates scotch (btw Irish Whiskey is NOT scotch but it tastes the same and 3-5x cheaper). To your point though 100% agree I'm not gifting a bottle of Kilbrin at a graduation party or a wedding or anything.

But I imagine I'll be drinking plenty of Kilbrin while watching Yotes games over the next year or two. Maybe even straight out of the bottle. Just saying...
Don't pass out before they rally from their various 0-4 deficits.

Reactions: PainForShane

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

Powers would be my cheaper alternative to redbreast. Not sure if they still do the three swallows. That was a great value for a while. All European whisky got too expensive. Seems to have gone up 50-100% in most cases over the last decade or so. I switched to bourbon for that reason. If you know what you’re doing $40 bourbon is much better than $40 scotch or Irish. That wasn’t always true.

I haven’t had any drinks in months though. I honestly think I’m just done drinking. Haha. It really never seems like the thing to do these days for me. Maybe some day. But at this point it’s been like six months. So I might as well just give up thinking of myself as someone who drinks. You kinda have to actually drink to qualify. Lol.

GhostofTommyBolin

Aug 18, 2016
Chandler, AZ
Lol sounds good. What should I get you? If I am completely mistaken I mean.

Btw no need for a T-shirt, I like Cooley better anyway (current username was ill-thought out)
No need to reciprocate should you fall on the wrong side of the wager. We'll just clink glasses in one of the bar areas at the arena and cheers to a (hopefully) hopeful future and say, "On the plus side, they're still here and not in Houston!"

The Kilbrin sounds great, but I quit drinking about 21 years ago, so I can't partake. I will live vicariously through you!

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Not to be the Negative Nancy of this bunch--even though I play that role quite often--but I don't think I'd hold my breath on winning a Cup anytime in the next 8 years. And a juggernaut in three?

Look how long it took recent Cup winners to get one. Ovechkin, Stamkos, Landeskog, etc. Hell, the Oilers had four #1 picks in like 5-6 years and haven't even been to a Final.

The Coyotes are headed in the right direction if all these picks play out, but I think you're going to be pretty bummed if you think they're going from being in the bottom three to being a juggernaut in three years.
Winning is so damn hard in the NHL. So many factors involved.

Reactions: GhostofTommyBolin

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Chychrun for Simek, Hill, 2023 unprotected 1st, 2024 1st (top 10 protected), and 2025 1st (unprotected)

*2024 1st becomes a 2024 3rd and 2026 1st if top 10.
* 2025 1st becomes a 2025 3rd and 2027 1st if top 10.

Eh? EH? I knew you'd all love it! 😇

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Guys let's just keep him. Once he sees Cooley and Guenther in development camp he'll realize, "hey these kids in the pipeline are pretty good," then if we draft Bedard or Michkov, like everyone else he'll see this team will become something special and will want to be at the front of it (esp since he already got through the hard part). Just like MacK in COL or Stamkos in Tampa Bay

Well he would need to rescind his trade request -- it's more about that than whether WE want to keep him.

But he should just look at Yzerman. Dude played 15 years in the NHL before he won his first of 3 Cups over a 5 year span and retired a legend. JC shouldn't need to wait 15 years....maybe just 4 more ;)

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Redbreast is king.

Track down a bottle of the first release of the Tyrconnell 16 -- the one from about 3-4 years ago that was the standard ex-Bourbon cask, not the current day Oloroso & Moscatel finish version.

It will change your life. It also doesn't hurt that they name of the distillery who makes it is called Cooley ;)

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
What if Chychrun is traded and then comes back on a good deal through free agency later when the team is contending?

Could be the best of both worlds - they get a return for him now, make the team worse in the short-run, and then (pending a lot of ifs) comes back to return to greatness when there is a supporting cast.

• Haha
Reactions: Baby Doaner

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
What if Chychrun is traded and then comes back on a good deal through free agency later when the team is contending?

Could be the best of both worlds - they get a return for him now, make the team worse in the short-run, and then (pending a lot of ifs) comes back to return to greatness when there is a supporting cast.
Very little chance of that happening.

Reactions: GhostofTommyBolin

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006

I think that's a fan's fantasy - generally, when teams and players move on from each other in a context like this, there's not much chance of a reunion. Although, there ARE exceptions (Vrby, for one).

Reactions: Jakey53

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.

If you're gonna dream you might as well dream in Technicolour 😆

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
"StoolieForCooley"? ;)
CooleyPoo

Powers would be my cheaper alternative to redbreast. Not sure if they still do the three swallows. That was a great value for a while. All European whisky got too expensive. Seems to have gone up 50-100% in most cases over the last decade or so. I switched to bourbon for that reason. If you know what you’re doing $40 bourbon is much better than $40 scotch or Irish. That wasn’t always true.

I haven’t had any drinks in months though. I honestly think I’m just done drinking. Haha. It really never seems like the thing to do these days for me. Maybe some day. But at this point it’s been like six months. So I might as well just give up thinking of myself as someone who drinks. You kinda have to actually drink to qualify. Lol.
Don't forget to pick up your 6 month coin, LOL.

GhostofTommyBolin

Aug 18, 2016
Chandler, AZ
Chychrun for Simek, Hill, 2023 unprotected 1st, 2024 1st (top 10 protected), and 2025 1st (unprotected)

*2024 1st becomes a 2024 3rd and 2026 1st if top 10.
* 2025 1st becomes a 2025 3rd and 2027 1st if top 10.

Eh? EH? I knew you'd all love it! 😇
He's not worth three firsts and two prospects.

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Way too much IMO. I'm always against giving up first round picks two years in a row, nevermind 3! Gotta keep a better pipeline of homegrown talent than that allows. Can't see them doing it.

Last edited:

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
I might be the first purely accidental recovering alcohol in history. Haha.

Just got too old and too fat and too tired.
Don’t worry….you’ll get your second wind in another 20 years or so. Speaking from experience. 😉

Last edited:
Reactions: Jakey53

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Still way too much IMO
Chychrun isn’t getting 3x 1sts. The rumor was the asking price was 3x 1st in “value” comprised of a roster player, a prospect, and an actual 1st.

Example: Formenton+Greig+1st

I’m assuming that left out of the reporting was that there’d be a negative value asset added, without an equally offsetting piece. Thus reducing the return to more like 2.5x 1sts.

Example: Zaitsev+Formenton+Greig+1st

Also, any adds to Chychrun have never been mentioned. I think we can assume there’d be a little something.

Example: Chychrun+WSH ‘23 3rd (c1) for Zaitsev+Formenton+Greig+ OTT ‘23 1st (c2)

(c1) conveys only in the instance that (c2) is NOT triggered.

(C2) = OTT ‘23 1st becomes ‘24 OTT 1st in the event the pick is Top 10

^ all of that craziness essentially amounts to Chychrun for roughly 2.25x 1sts which is more than fair but to the causal observer would align with the reported asking price.

Formenton is a young roster player worth approximately a late 1st. Greig is certainly worth a 1st. And AZ is getting a 1st of some kind from OTT. The Mareks and Friedmans of the world would say this was the exact thing they had reported on. Meanwhile we would know that the 3rd had value, the Zaitsev dump has negative I’ve value, and the conditions on the 1st does diminish that value slightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad