Chychrun’s Megathread V (poll added)

Will Chychrun Be Traded Before The Season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Johnny V has had enough input on this subject…. but that’s not going to stop any of you.

D6D6C272-7B59-461D-AB02-65DC3EC847D8.jpeg

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
Guys let's just keep him. Once he sees Cooley and Guenther in development camp he'll realize, "hey these kids in the pipeline are pretty good," then if we draft Bedard or Michkov, like everyone else he'll see this team will become something special and will want to be at the front of it (esp since he already got through the hard part). Just like MacK in COL or Stamkos in Tampa Bay

Reactions: Matias Maccete

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Guys let's just keep him. Once he sees Cooley and Guenther in development camp he'll realize, "hey these kids in the pipeline are pretty good," then if we draft Bedard or Michkov, like everyone else he'll see this team will become something special and will want to be at the front of it (esp since he already got through the hard part). Just like MacK in COL or Stamkos in Tampa Bay
Someone needs to remind him of what happened to Matt Duchene when he just wanted to win. And got dealt to Ottawa to make a run for the cup.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
It's still two more years of tanking, at best?

It does make sense to trade him. If the price is fair, of course.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
At this point the best case scenario is the team and Chcyhrun himself get off to an uncharacteristically good start (think 2015-16) and then the team sells him high to some rando team around november/december (think duchene).

The team then takes its inevitable dive and still reaps the benefits of Chychrun being sold high.

None of this is likely to happen lol

Reactions: Grimes

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
At this point the best case scenario is the team and Chcyhrun himself get off to an uncharacteristically good start (think 2015-16) and then the team sells him high to some rando team around november/december (think duchene).

The team then takes its inevitable dive and still reaps the benefits of Chychrun being sold high.

That's how I see (hope) it play out. Can't sell him low and he's currently low. I'm hoping for a big start and we can sell high to a team in desperate need trying to make the playoffs for a big return and then that team misses the playoffs by a mile stretch. 🤞

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019

NO. The best case scenario is he works on his defensive game for the next 2-3 years and becomes legitimately amazing in our own zone, when Cooley / Guenther / Bedard etc join the show Chych would then be a legitmate 200 foot force, still elite in transition and now also well above average in our own zone. And he stays and helps us win a cup over the next 5 years or so during our legitimate SC window.

Someone needs to remind him of what happened to Matt Duchene when he just wanted to win. And got dealt to Ottawa to make a run for the cup.

Or Jonathan Drouin who forced a trade from Tampa Bay in 2017 (not that long ago). We're still 2-3 years away from competing, but once we get there this team should and will likely become a juggernaut as long as BA is still able to do his thing

Reactions: Bonsai Tree

GhostofTommyBolin

Aug 18, 2016
Chandler, AZ
NO. The best case scenario is he works on his defensive game for the next 2-3 years and becomes legitimately amazing in our own zone, when Cooley / Guenther / Bedard etc join the show Chych would then be a legitmate 200 foot force, still elite in transition and now also well above average in our own zone. And he stays and helps us win a cup over the next 5 years or so during our legitimate SC window.

Or Jonathan Drouin who forced a trade from Tampa Bay in 2017 (not that long ago). We're still 2-3 years away from competing, but once we get there this team should and will likely become a juggernaut as long as BA is still able to do his thing
Not to be the Negative Nancy of this bunch--even though I play that role quite often--but I don't think I'd hold my breath on winning a Cup anytime in the next 8 years. And a juggernaut in three?

Look how long it took recent Cup winners to get one. Ovechkin, Stamkos, Landeskog, etc. Hell, the Oilers had four #1 picks in like 5-6 years and haven't even been to a Final.

The Coyotes are headed in the right direction if all these picks play out, but I think you're going to be pretty bummed if you think they're going from being in the bottom three to being a juggernaut in three years.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
Not to be the Negative Nancy of this bunch--even though I play that role quite often--but I don't think I'd hold my breath on winning a Cup anytime in the next 8 years. And a juggernaut in three?

Look how long it took recent Cup winners to get one. Ovechkin, Stamkos, McKinnon, etc. The Coyotes are headed in the right direction if all these picks play out, but I think you're going to be pretty bummed if you think they're going from being in the bottom three to being a juggernaut in three years.

Hey there @GhostofTommyBolin --

If we win a cup in the next 8 years from now (or even make an SCF with a contending team, imo that should be good enough esp compared to where we are now), I would like a cheap bottle of Irish Whiskey from Total Wine. Their private label "Kilbrin" is $20 and extremely delicious. So by the offseason of 2030 (ie including the 2029-2030 season).

That is all.

GhostofTommyBolin

Aug 18, 2016
Chandler, AZ

If we win a cup in the next 8 years from now (or make an SCF with a contending team), I would like a cheap bottle of Irish Whiskey from Total Wine. Their private label "Kilbrin" is $20 and extremely delicious. So by the offseason of 2030.

That is all.
Done deal, my friend. I'd go even further and get you a bottle of the $50 stuff, but if you like the Kilbrin, I'll get you two. I'll deliver them wearing a "I was wrong, PainForShane" t-shirt prior to a Yotes game at the rad Tempe arena.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
Done deal, my friend. I'd go even further and get you a bottle of the $50 stuff, but if you like the Kilbrin, I'll get you two. I'll deliver them wearing a "I was wrong, PainForShane" t-shirt prior to a Yotes game at the rad Tempe arena.

Lol sounds good. What should I get you? If I am completely mistaken I mean.

Btw no need for a T-shirt, I like Cooley better anyway (current username was ill-thought out)

• Haha
Reactions: GhostofTommyBolin

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

If we win a cup in the next 8 years from now (or even make an SCF with a contending team, imo that should be good enough esp compared to where we are now), I would like a cheap bottle of Irish Whiskey from Total Wine. Their private label "Kilbrin" is $20 and extremely delicious. So by the offseason of 2030 (ie including the 2029-2030 season).

That is all.
Redbreast is king.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad