Player Discussion Christian Jaros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Jaros will get his look soon enough - three of our six defencemen are pending UFAs, and will thus be on the trading block as rentals starting very soon.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Bit of a logjam at RD, but I anticipate he'll get games if/when Hainsey and/or Demelo get moved.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
They will probably play goloubef at some point before calling Jaros up

I kinda don't get having Goloubef on the big club right now, TBH.

He doesn't play and he could really help the farm team. I mean, keep him around if you're on a Western road trip or something but otherwise send him down to help the blueline down there who are really hurting. It's basically Jaros, Lajoie and a whole lot of ????????

Reactions: DrEasy

Matsens15

Dec 1, 2009
Ottawa

He doesn't play and he could really help the farm team. I mean, keep him around if you're on a Western road trip or something but otherwise send him down to help the blueline down there who are really hurting. It's basically Jaros, Lajoie and a whole lot of ????????

Great point the defense his so thin in Belleville they should sent down Goloubef to play with Jaros or Lajoie and help the farm team.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006

DJ said he’s going to get to play soon.

Matsens15

Dec 1, 2009
Ottawa
Well the thing is when I see Brannstrom play he is clearly not ready I wonder why they don’t send him down and call up Jaros. I know , Dorion said he will learn more here with Hainsey but he’s clearly not ready.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Never heard the reason why he left the World Championship team this summer ... sorta downhill since.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Hopefully not too soon, Jaros missed last game to injury if I'm not mistaken. No clue how serious or how long he's out though.

Absolutely, and we still need to make room for Wolanin who may have to earn a spot as well. He’ll likely have to do a conditioning stint when he returns.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Absolutely, and we still need to make room for Wolanin who may have to earn a spot as well. He’ll likely have to do a conditioning stint when he returns.

We won't have to worry about Wolanin for a while - he's out until at least the all-star break, maybe longer...

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
We won't have to worry about Wolanin for a while - he's out until at least the all-star break, maybe longer...

Very true, and then likely be rusty for the rest of the year. That’s pretty much a lost year, and he’ll have that much more competition for spots in the back end next year with the arrival of JBD, and perhaps even Lassi

MatchesMalone

Formerly Innocent Bystander
Aug 29, 2010

Yeah it's rough down there. Look at both Högberg and Gustavsson's stats. Yikes. Neither of these goalies is that bad.

Brännstrom should go down for a while though, he's been struggling with consistency at the NHL level, another quarter or half season down there could do him good. I guess no Wolanin makes it difficult.

Reactions: Icelevel

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
source on your take

No source … I recall following the games last Spring and being surprised he ended up not playing. I recall a reference like "Jaros is no longer with the team" … which I thought was odd considering usually teams will discuss an injury. It felt like I'm going home if I am not going to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad