Confirmed with Link: Chris Wideman to EDM for a Cond. 6th in 2020.

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Sens fans view him about the same as we view Benning . So maybe the green isn’t greener on the other side
Defensively maybe, but both Ian Mendes and Shawn Simpson of TSN out East have said he can definitely run a powerplay and has a good shot from the point. Benning neither.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
Phew, i read Wideman and thought, oh no Chia traded for Dennis, such a Chia move.

The nightmare is over temporarily, Chia has not screwed up yet.

Can we have a sign that says ___ Many days without Chia incident.

Reactions: Gord and Consultant

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Phew, i read Wideman and thought, oh no Chia traded for Dennis, such a Chia move.

The nightmare is over temporarily, Chia has not screwed up yet.

Can we have a sign that says ___ Many days without Chia incident.
This is kinda stupid, honestly, pretty sure Dennis Wideman is retired (he is Dennis Wideman at eliteprospects.com)

I get that Chiarelli really lacks some luster, but lets tone down the utter stupidity ok guys.

Reactions: Seachd

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Pretty sure it was comedy
Do you mean “comedy”?

By the way, this thread, as entirely expected, has become full of comedy - mostly in the aspects of “desperation”, “unprofessionalism”, and boss smack talk.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
This is kinda stupid, honestly, pretty sure Dennis Wideman is retired (he is Dennis Wideman at eliteprospects.com)

I get that Chiarelli really lacks some luster, but lets tone down the utter stupidity ok guys.

Its a joke because one of the Chris Wideman memes is how many times he gets asked about, or blamed, for punching a ref. Not only is it Ottawa humor the player is even in on it.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Didn't see if this was posted. By the sounds of things, Wideman is really excited to have Hitchcock as a head coach. If you read between the lines of what he said, the Sens room is still a mess on and off the ice and he didn't respect the coaching there (Captain Obvious moment I know with the Uber vid) as they weren't challenging him and is looking forward to that under Hitch.

BLOG: Wideman eyes improvement under Hitchcock

"Obviously for me it's a fresh start and a new opportunity,"
"I'm coming to a team that I've heard from multiple people is a great group of guys off the ice, and obviously on the ice I have the chance to play with the best player in the game in Connor McDavid and some other great players."

"I'm a guy that moves the puck and is defensively responsible, but I think moving the puck is definitely a strong suit of my game in making sure I'm getting pucks to the net. It's something I've had success doing in my career and something that I'm looking to bring to the blueline in Edmonton."

As the St. Louis, Missouri product looks ahead to a clean slate with the Oilers, the opportunity to begin anew in a system recently revamped by the arrival of Head Coach Ken Hitchcock is a massive draw for the right-shot rearguard.

"He's a coach that's had a tremendous amount of success and someone who is widely respected across the league. Having an opportunity to play for a well-established coach is something that I'm looking forward to with the structure and the demand in the way he likes the game played. It will be good for me and the team as well. I'm looking forward to the opportunity for myself, but for the team as well. It could be a great fit for everyone."

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Whoa, that went right over your head.
If you tried to make a joke, it's a problem on a few accounts.

1. I missed it, apologies for that my implication was a little forceful in light of the joke. This leads me to...

2. The joke wasn't completely clear, there are reasons for that, but the most concerning is...

3. The tone on this board is at the point where something that would have been a clear joke not so long ago can reasonably be mistaken for a sincere post about something related too the team

Again PitL, sorry for my mistake, but to the board, my larger point still stands.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Also, if the rumours are true about Wideman being good a moving the puck, he might find ALOT of success here, because just getting the puck to the forwards is what the defensemen need to do for the most part here.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
If you tried to make a joke, it's a problem on a few accounts.

1. I missed it, apologies for that my implication was a little forceful in light of the joke. This leads me to...

2. The joke wasn't completely clear, there are reasons for that, but the most concerning is...

3. The tone on this board is at the point where something that would have been a clear joke not so long ago can reasonably be mistaken for a sincere post about something related too the team

Again PitL, sorry for my mistake, but to the board, my larger point still stands.

Ah its ok, i took no offense. The Joke is Chiarelli and laughing about our pain is the first step to healing as an Oilers fan.

OilCountry93

Jul 2, 2014
You’re right - he should have traded that 6th round pick for a franchise defenseman, not a fringe one. Good thinking.

Sure bud, because that’s totally what I was saying. Or maybe he could’ve picked up a true top pairing defenseman with one of the many assets he has pissed away. Wideman is an decent acquisition that fills a need but it’s too little too late for the GM to make any kind of meaningful improvement to the roster. For complaining about threads that go off topic, you and North sure do it a lot.

trent_vinyl

Jul 5, 2005
Is it just our luck that Wideman is the worst asshat in the video? I guess not.

Maybe its me but this is sophomoric **** too. lets blame every aspect of the pk on the coaches even though the players are stating they don't listen to ****, don't take any direction, and our actually plotting ways to subvert any direction. At any point do these doofuses look at themselves?

So even ignoring the mantra here that players can say whatever they want blah blah blah the conversation, again, is obviously destructive, instead of constructive, and these are highly paid athletes paid to compete to the best of their abilities.

As a fan ask yourself what you'd feel like as a sens fan now with one cluster**** after another by guys that seem like they just don't give a ****.

This would pass if its Junior Hockey. you could play the "these kids don't know any better card"

Chris Wideman is 29yrs old in a month. Let that sink in.

Chris is practically staring at the camera, just talking ****. He's the closest to the camera and mic and oblivious to it.

The good news is I think Hitchcock is more clever than fools like this. Sure he's seen it all before. The better news is that guys like Connor, Leon, Milan, Darnell, etc would likely not allow the kind of crap that was going on in and out of the toxic Sens dressing room. The strangest thing though is that the Sens had obtained Duchene. As if they trying to corner the market on *****ebags.
Total overreaction if you ask me! There's something like 7 of them in the car. Probably had a few drinks. Bitching about their bosses with no clue they were being recorded. Like that's never happened with one's co-workers before. Reminded me of a work trip I had to take to Houston about a month back. We took an Uber back from the office to our Hotel, me and about 3 other guys that I work with. We were bitching about our company, lack of processes, and specific management figures. Doesn't mean we're not committed to the organization whatsoever.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Wideman won the best AHL dman award in his last full season down there. Dunno if that’s been said already. He has 30 pts upside imo and has good speed and a good shot. Hopefully he works out for you guys!

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
So instead of benning being 2 spots too high, it’s wideman? He’s not much better than benning defensively if at all

I guess its better than just Benning 2 spots too high.

Some competition will kick Benning in the ass. Wideman even though not much of an upgrade is at least a RD so we arent forced to have to play Benning.

Nurse - Russell
Gravel - Wideman/Benning

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Wideman won the best AHL dman award in his last full season down there. Dunno if that’s been said already. He has 30 pts upside imo and has good speed and a good shot. Hopefully he works out for you guys!

Out of curiosity, I see a lot of Sens fans praising Wideman.

From your perspective, why was a 6th in a draft two years from now the only piece received in return? It seems he could have/should have/would have brought back a bigger or better return.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad