Confirmed with Link: Chris Wideman to EDM for a Cond. 6th in 2020.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
You’re missing what I’m gettig at. Nobody KNOWS whether or not any draft pick will pan out, regardless of what round it is.

What I’m saying is IF and of course it’s nothing more than a faint hope if, that pick turns out to be better than Wideman....then I’d argue the Sens are much better off having moved him for a better player...which in turn means the Sens do not “lose” the trade.

Regardless of whether or not a diamond in the rough could have been drafted with a different pick....if the pick from Edmonton turns out to be the pick that nets the player, then it’s a player the Sens would not have otherwise had.

Again this is a stupid debate as the odds of a 6th turning into anything useful is very very low. But that does not mean Ottawa has automatically “lost” a trade before the pick is even used.

You guys gain a potentially serviceable NHL dman....we free up ice time for a younger player and money for our penny pinching joke of an owner.

The trade benefits both teams.

I respectfully disagree... if the Sens had traded him for a 4th or even a 5th, they'd have had a greater certainty of said "diamond in the rough, who their scouts took a liking to" is still on the board. They traded a known entity for an asset that has a very low historical chance of netting an NHL player at all. He was easily worth more today and the trade is judged based on the value exchanged today.

Their pick may work out certainly... but that would be getting exceptionally lucky. They could "luck into" recovering on the trade, but GMs are paid for analysis, not luck.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
Ottawa fans really have a strong dislike for players that played in their organization. See the statement below. You can go down the line. Playing in Ottawa has to be in everyones NTC. Hate to see when they talk bad about a player that was loyal to the organization as well as drafted by them.

"First of all I doubt the Oilers could easily flip him at the trade deadline... not even for a bag of used pucks. He wasn't good enough to play for the worst defensive team in the league (Ottawa) and apparently he isn't good enough to play for the Oilers as he's only played in one game out of the four that the Oilers have played since he arrived and that was the first game they played after the trade. Since then the Oilers are paying him $1 million to eat popcorn.

As for his character, I take it you didn't watch the Uber video where he's flapping his gums and laughing at how bad the Sen's team is and how bad the coaching staff is. He's a character all right. Just not the type of character you want in the Oilers dressing room.

Anyways this is all water under the bridge. He's an Oiler problem now and I'm sure the team/Hitchcock will deal with him as they/he sees fit."

Shathar

Jul 23, 2009
Moncton, New Brunswi
Ottawa fans really have a strong dislike for players that played in their organization. See the statement below. You can go down the line. Playing in Ottawa has to be in everyones NTC. Hate to see when they talk bad about a player that was loyal to the organization as well as drafted by them.

"First of all I doubt the Oilers could easily flip him at the trade deadline... not even for a bag of used pucks. He wasn't good enough to play for the worst defensive team in the league (Ottawa) and apparently he isn't good enough to play for the Oilers as he's only played in one game out of the four that the Oilers have played since he arrived and that was the first game they played after the trade. Since then the Oilers are paying him $1 million to eat popcorn.

As for his character, I take it you didn't watch the Uber video where he's flapping his gums and laughing at how bad the Sen's team is and how bad the coaching staff is. He's a character all right. Just not the type of character you want in the Oilers dressing room.

Anyways this is all water under the bridge. He's an Oiler problem now and I'm sure the team/Hitchcock will deal with him as they/he sees fit."

I don't know him well enough to know how much he can help. On paper he seems like he fills a hole on this team, at least for the season. However if that Uber thing really does devalue him in the eyes of some people / teams, I'm not sure what to say. That stuff happens all the time, everywhere, constantly. It's a shame it was taped and leaked. I"m witness to a conversation like that 20 times a day.

Reactions: ujju2

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
I don't know him well enough to know how much he can help. On paper he seems like he fills a hole on this team, at least for the season. However if that Uber thing really does devalue him in the eyes of some people / teams, I'm not sure what to say. That stuff happens all the time, everywhere, constantly. It's a shame it was taped and leaked. I"m witness to a conversation like that 20 times a day.
Yes, I think it is very true for everyone. I don't know if he took it for the team in the Uber tape? it seems as if Matt Duchenes chatter was equal or worse that the others in the car. To me that should be a red light to the Senators. He demanded the trade from Colorado and his teammates really seemed to not get along with him so much so they had no problem telling the media. Awful it was leaked by the Uber driver.

space321

May 11, 2011

There's a very sizable number of people that do the exact same thing here. Hall and Eberle are always being shit talked despite actually bringing it on the ice compared to a plug like Wideman.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
There's a very sizable number of people that do the exact same thing here. Hall and Eberle are always being **** talked despite actually bringing it on the ice compared to a plug like Wideman.

You have kevy999 jumping all over McDavid's jock strap any time he has a quiet game or two, lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad