Confirmed with Link: Chris Tierney Extension: 2 Years, $3.5 AAV

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
To think people thought Tierney would be our 4th line centre.

On a good team yes. But on the Sens like I've been saying, hes playing in the top 6.

A shame because I think hes a pretty useless player.

Reactions: Billy Bridges

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
If Pageau got a 1st, 2nd And 3rd - Tierney has to be worth at least a 2nd round pick ++??

Reactions: Cosmix

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
If Pageau got a 1st, 2nd And 3rd - Tierney has to be worth at least a 2nd round pick ++??

Pager went off last year … It would be nice if CT did the same. Pager was playing for a UFA contract and Ct isn't so we likely don't see the e4xtra level of drive.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
The NHL has changed.

I went on hockeydb to see the leafs 03-04 roster and they had something like 20 players over 30 years old play for them.

Gone are the days where your Prime is 27-33, and veterans are 35+ and you become Ufa at 30.

Once you hit 30, you're not in your Prime, you're old and about to decline. You're at vet at like 25 lol. It's very common to jump into the league at 19-20. In the day if you made the NHL at 20, they would talk about you as a kid, but now it's almost expected if you're a top player.

Thanks for depressing the hell out of me.

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
Pzbq.gif

Term sounds good, reasonable money, maybe deal him off at the deadline next year, I'm in.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Love this deal. Its the perfect term and is very tradeable as well. Tierney can shelter our young guys and play a bottom 6 role if anyone emerges. If he pads his stats, we can get a nice return for him as well. Solid signing Dorion

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Solid all around pro - this is a good signing for us.

He can PK and win FO while chipping in offensively when provided opportunity.

Contract is good and he can be a nice add for a playoff team next year or after if it comes to it.

Have to say, GMPD seems to be on a bit of a roll lately.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Pageau is two years older and him getting injured more than Tierney and playing less games on average in more seasons doesn't matter.

When I think of veteran I think of a guys like Anderson, Hainsey and Ryan. Guys in their 30s that have spent 10YRs+ in the league, not a 26YR old kid.
Weird hill to die on but ok.

Just kidding. You guys do you.

Nice signing.

Reactions: variable26

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I don't hate it, and I don't love it. Kinda was hoping he gets traded this upcoming year, but looks like he's here until next years tradeline.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I don't hate it, and I don't love it. Kinda was hoping he gets traded this upcoming year, but looks like he's here until next years tradeline.

I don't know how you can be disappointed in this deal... I mean, I get wanting to trade him, I suspect his value at the deadline would actually be more with an extra year at a very reasonable cap hit though.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I don't know how you can be disappointed in this deal... I mean, I get wanting to trade him, I suspect his value at the deadline would actually be more with an extra year at a very reasonable cap hit though.

I'm not disappointed. I'm just not enthused. My feelings towards this deal are the exact same as the type of player Tierney is. Vanilla.

I don't think the management signed this guy to trade him.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I'm not disappointed. I'm just not enthused. My feelings towards this deal are the exact same as the type of player Tierney is. Vanilla.

I don't think the management signed this guy to trade him.

I think we got him on a contract that is below what most expected for him. Whether we trade him this year or not, I think that a good deal makes him more marketable should we trade him the next year. It's a good deal that deserves praise. Vanilla player or not.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
The NHL has changed.

I went on hockeydb to see the leafs 03-04 roster and they had something like 20 players over 30 years old play for them.

Gone are the days where your Prime is 27-33, and veterans are 35+ and you become Ufa at 30.

Once you hit 30, you're not in your Prime, you're old and about to decline. You're at vet at like 25 lol. It's very common to jump into the league at 19-20. In the day if you made the NHL at 20, they would talk about you as a kid, but now it's almost expected if you're a top player.
It's amazing how many GMs cant resist giving massive money to plays as free agents that take them into their late 30s.

Reactions: Cosmix

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad