Not open for further replies.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
xVXmwju.gif

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
Oh this one hurts. But it was the right decision to let him go. I fear what kind of knee jerk signing we will see Benning do. At the least we should circle back to the durable Stecher.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Little disappointed we lost Tanev for what Flames gave him. However, if we manage to grab Pietangelo now with dropping Tanev, Stecher and Toffoli I'll gladly be happy. Seems like Pietrangelo overplayed his hand and not many teams left that can even afford him now.

Reactions: David71 and Momesso

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
From the Flames standpoint, they've basically swapped out T.J. Brodie for Tanev at slightly less money. I'm not really sure this is an upgrade for them, particularly with Tanev's injury history.

But if nothing else, it'll make next season's Canucks-Flames games a lot more fascinating.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Because you're me, right?

If you have been following my posts, you would have known that I wanted Tanev back. I would have taken him at 4 years and 4.5 without a problem. Do you hazard a guess why we couldn't sign him for that contract? His name starts with a J and its ends with a im.

Losing our premiere defenseman is awful for this team. This guy was literally our rock, matching up against the top lines in the NHL and succeeding while bleeding blue and giving it his all. This motherf***er has NEVER hesitated to block shots for this team, and we cast him aside like a piece of trash to sign real mentors like Ferland, Roussel and Beagle

And Gagner, and Sutter, and . . . and . . . and someone else I think, I keep forgetting . . .

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Edler is not going to take this well.

Edler might do a 15-16 Hammer next season.

Am I overly pessimistic?

Maybe. Maybe not.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
This one does hurt, but like Marky I'm happy for Tanev to sign a nice deal, long term. Markstrom and Tanev deserved this, unfortunately with all of the shitty contacts we have, they didn't fit in our plans. Our loss is Calgary's gain, and I wish them nothing but the best.

DS7

Oct 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC
This hurts, but i also wonder how Tanev will fare healthwise. I think being paired with Hughes helped him tremendously since Quinn just took control of possession and lessened the amount of time Tanev needed to block shots and lay the body out.

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Hey guys, Flames fan coming in peace. Just wanted to know what we're getting in Tanev? I know he's a more defensive guy, but that's about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad