Post-Game Talk: Chris Lee spoils Habs's Blockaid -- Stinging loss to Wild, 3-4

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
We often forget he is only 19 but personally I think some AHL seasoning might really help him.
Whos gonna play in his spot ? Suzuki ? Poehling ?

The fact is, this team was never ready to compete and it won't be for a while, it's time to stop being so stuck up and realize kids will and need to grow.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Another coach firing may mean MB is a dead man walking,

It is an avowal of failure. He rushed out to give this guy a $25 million dollar contract and it is hard to believe a generic hire from the Q would have done worse.

Edit: I am fine with both of them going.
Ducharme is probably the one who changed for a more dynamic system last season, think it's Mete that said Habs were playing Ducharme system (at WJC).

might as well let Ducharme decides lineup and al then.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas

The fact is, this team was never ready to compete and it won't be for a while, it's time to stop being so stuck up and realize kids will and need to grow.
He needs time to develop and get stronger. There is such a thing as rushing young players which may be the case with Kotkaniemi

Reactions: Tighthead

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016

KK might grow better in the A.

I would like to give him half a season there to dominate and play heavy minutes.

Reactions: Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
he first need a coach with a "development plan", just adjusting TOI based on previous game performance and throwing the kid under the bus isnt one.
Many would argue that the NHL is not a development league. Deep teams can shelter young players but the Habs are far from being deep

Reactions: Runner77

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
That terrible roster out scored the Cup champs 11-5 in two wins. Just sayin

We've lost 3 games iregulation. Once to tampa. And then we lost to two lower teams - Detroit and the Wild. I don't think ots a coincidence that both these losses came on the 2nd night of a back to back for us, while the opposition was rested.

Anyways this team's true colors will come out. We'll see how much fight they have when they have their legs.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
We've lost 3 games iregulation. Once to tampa. And then we lost to two lower teams - Detroit and the Wild. I don't think ots a coincidence that both these losses came on the 2nd night of a back to back for us, while the opposition was rested.

Anyways this team's true colors will come out. We'll see how much fight they have when they have their legs.
I don’t question fight or heart of any pro athlete
I question the talent
We lack top 6 talent in a big big way

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
He needs time to develop and get stronger. There is such a thing as rushing young players which may be the case with Kotkaniemi
Ive said this more than once, but no one can find one single player that was actually rushed and busted.

Players bust, or disappoint, because theyre rushed to play 10 minutes a game.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I don’t question fight or heart of any pro athlete
I question the talent
We lack top 6 talent in a big big way

True. Hopefully Poehling will be here soon. And Caufield could be here by the end of the year. For now I'd like to see this top 6 - and this bottom six. It's not a coincidence Danault's first goal came on a short stint with Lehkonen and Byron. They've always played well together.

Tatar Domi Gallagher
Drouin Kotkaniemi Suzuki
Lehkonen Danault Byron /Armia
Cousins Thompson Armia/Byron/Weal

And FYI, we're tied for 3rd in the NHL for goals scored. Our defending on the other hand...

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
True. Hopefully Poehling will be here soon. And Caufield could be here by the end of the year. For now I'd like to see this top 6 - and this bottom six. It's not a coincidence Danault's first goal came on a short stint with Lehkonen and Byron. They've always played well together.

Tatar Domi Gallagher
Drouin Kotkaniemi Suzuki
Lehkonen Danault Byron /Armia
Cousins Thompson Armia/Byron/Weal

And FYI, we're tied for 3rd in the NHL for goals scored. Our defending on the other hand...
The GF thing will fade. Talent will take over.

Reactions: Deluded Puck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad