Value of: Chris Kreider

Jayan

NYR fanatic
Jul 6, 2012
There is no interest in having Kreider traded anywhere.

He shall remain a Ranger.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
I would LOVE him on the Pens. He would be magic with Genoo.

However I cant see a reason why the Rags would move him. He's young, skilled, fast, on a good contract. If they are planning on a rebuild/retool, that's one guy you can use as a fantastic help along.

Reactions: bl02

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
To be honest, if i'm the Rangers and I trade Kreider at this TDL, I'd retain 50% to boost the value of the return. 2.3ish million for a guy like Kreider is incredible value

Reactions: Off Sides

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
To be honest, if i'm the Rangers and I trade Kreider at this TDL, I'd retain 50% to boost the value of the return. 2.3ish million for a guy like Kreider is incredible value
If they were to do that I'd want 2 1sts and a young established roster player with top 4/top 6 upside depending on position.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I admit. Kreider would look awesome on the Capitals. Wilson on the first line and Krieder on the 3rd with Oshie on the 2nd on RW. That's a physical lineup. Kreider and Wilson are both fast and along with Oshie and Ovechkin devastating in a series on the forecheck

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I want this guy in TB so bad. But I know we can't afford the asking price. Not even a shot at the Rangers. I think they should shoot for the moon with the return here. It takes us out of the running, but this is a player who I think could give any team a huge boost in the playoffs.

Would love to have him crashing nets when Stamkos or Kucherov is shooting. Good God the carnage.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

...This is something that might well pry Foote out of TB. That would boost his value through the moon. Honestly I think they could probably get a better prospect than Foote elsewhere for that kind of deal.

If he's actually available, he'd be my #1 target. I just don't think TB could match opposing offers. But NY can probably get a crazy good return if they do this. Like, using TB as an example, having Kreider at 2.3 would go a long way to solve some of our issues NEXT year too, when we're looking at giving up Miller, Callahan, and maybe even Gourde.

Reactions: Justin17

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
...This is something that might well pry Foote out of TB. That would boost his value through the moon. Honestly I think they could probably get a better prospect than Foote elsewhere for that kind of deal.

If he's actually available, he'd be my #1 target. I just don't think TB could match opposing offers. But NY can probably get a crazy good return if they do this. Like, using TB as an example, having Kreider at 2.3 would go a long way to solve some of our issues NEXT year too, when we're looking at giving up Miller, Callahan, and maybe even Gourde.

Foote is not McAvoy and not sure he isn't being overhyped.

I am sure something can be arranged, but it will NOT be cheap.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

I am sure something can be arranged, but it will NOT be cheap.

If you want McAvoy for two years of Kreider... Well, I think you'll get a really great return--and, as I said, probably more than Foote--but you won't get a McAvoy level player here.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
If you want McAvoy for two years of Kreider... Well, I think you'll get a really great return--and, as I said, probably more than Foote--but you won't get a McAvoy level player here.

Sorry to have been imprecise here.
As I have said elsewhere, it would be a package of Kreider and a larger plus for McAvoy and a smaller +.
Not a 1:1.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018

Foote is not for sale. Nobody’s overhyping him but he’s the best defensive prospect we have left in the system and with the cap crunch we’re about to enter we simply cannot afford to give him up for a short term acquisition at a position of strength. The emergence of Cernak as a legitimate top four defenseman has made Foote slightly more expendable than he otherwise would have been, but we still won’t be trading him unless it’s to upgrade to a young top four defenseman with years of term on a reasonable contract, and even that would be dependent on our ability to move out other contracts to make room.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Don’t see Kreider being moved. Him and Zibanejad are going to be part of the core the Rangers rebuild around.

Reactions: bl02

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Foote is not for sale. Nobody’s overhyping him but he’s the best defensive prospect we have left in the system and with the cap crunch we’re about to enter we simply cannot afford to give him up for a short term acquisition at a position of strength. The emergence of Cernak as a legitimate top four defenseman has made Foote slightly more expendable than he otherwise would have been, but we still won’t be trading him unless it’s to upgrade to a young top four defenseman with years of term on a reasonable contract, and even that would be dependent on our ability to move out other contracts to make room.

You're entitled to your position on [keeping/moving] Foote, and you/other TB fans would know if he is your best D prospect [I am not contesting that].

I am saying I see some saying Foote is even more than all that and a bag of chips.
Congrats on the good asset, but like our friends in Missouri say, 'show me', I want to see that at NHL level after reasonable period as I don't see/project that level of success now.

Accordingly, we are happily on the same page.
You insist on keeping him and we don't want him, but rather an equation with different assets.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island

If Foote is off the table, chances are Kreider isn’t being moved.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
Would love Kreider next to barzel. Isles 1st, Dobson, ho-sang?

Could you imagine if the Rangers and Isles made a trade of that magnitude?
Isles first projects to be a rather late one. I like Dobson....Ho Sang is meh, likely not enough at this point.
Valuewise it needs more.

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
Could you imagine if the Rangers and Isles made a trade of that magnitude?
Isles first projects to be a rather late one. I like Dobson....Ho Sang is meh, likely not enough at this point.
Valuewise it needs more.

Would be very crazy. Keep him local. He's a great fit alongside barzel and bailey

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I think the Rangers would ask for Dobson and Wahlstrom.
That's a bit rich of an ask. I mean, we can, and why not ask for that, but it's a bit high for the Islanders to pay. A 1st + one of them is a more realistic ask from us, and only this year. Next year the cost is going to go down a bit since he'll be a UFA and it'll no longer be 2 playoff runs.

Reactions: One Winged Angel

Sayba

Dark Schneider
Jul 7, 2009
I don't want to trade Kreider, rather we keep and sign him regardless of the teams current state. You just don't find players like him.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
You're entitled to your position on [keeping/moving] Foote, and you/other TB fans would know if he is your best D prospect [I am not contesting that].

I am saying I see some saying Foote is even more than all that and a bag of chips.
Congrats on the good asset, but like our friends in Missouri say, 'show me', I want to see that at NHL level after reasonable period as I don't see/project that level of success now.

Accordingly, we are happily on the same page.
You insist on keeping him and we don't want him, but rather an equation with different assets.

Fair enough. I think Foote does have some very nice potential but his development has been slower than we’d hoped for so he may not reach that potential for a while (or at all.) If people are comparing him to McAvoy they’re way off base.

As far as Kreider to Tampa is concerned the issue there is twofold. First, because of our impending cap crunch and the fact that we greatly weakened our system in the trade for McDonagh, we’re in a position where we really can’t afford to be giving up high draft picks and top prospects for short term acquisitions at positions of strength - we’ll need those to replace our expensive complementary players as they become cap casualties, to use as incentive if needed to move cap dumps, and/or to package for long term upgrades at positions of need. The second issue is that we’re already having to shed cap dollars to resign our RFAs this summer so we can’t add Kreider without another big contract going out in addition to the ones that will already be leaving.

An idea I’ve floated before is that if we’re looking for a trade to mix things up, we could consider trading Gourde for a better or at least different sort of player with less term - the idea being that we would upgrade or at least change things around in the short term while gaining cap flexibility in the longer term. I don’t know if we really want to be messing with our lineup at this point considering how well we’ve been playing, and Gourde has proven himself to be an effective member of our team and was just signed to an extension, but Kreider would add some much needed size to our forward corps and in a couple of years we could choose between trying to resign him or letting him walk if necessary to afford all our RFAs. Not saying it’s a move we would make, as we’d be giving up a good deal of term and risking the chemistry our team has developed, but it’s about the only sort of deal for Kreider that follows the organizational principle of only making trades that benefit us both now and going forward.

I mentioned the idea in another thread about Kreider and was told by one Rangers fan that he thought you would rather take futures or at least a younger established player for Kreider, which I certainly understand. So if we decided that Kreider was somebody we wanted to pursue and that we were willing to give up Gourde to get him, perhaps getting another team involved to take Gourde and send futures your way could work. But barring that I just don’t see a deal for Kreider that would work for both sides, as we need the same sort of pieces to extend our window that you want for your rebuild.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad