Value of: Chris Kreider

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
1st
2nd
Top 50-100 range NHL prospect

That's the fair deal. His value is equatable to McDonagh and that's what he pulled.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Wanting McAvoy as part of a package is pretty over the top, but referring to Kreider as a 2nd line winger is pretty inaccurate. He's a guy who is going to score over 30 goals this season and is one of the best drivers of play in the league.

beat me to it.
And remember, I did not say 1:1.
I specifically said "package"

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
His contract runs until the end of next year. I don't know how much you're expecting us to give up. A late 1st and a wing prospect with upside isn't some garbage offer.

In reality, this isn't a deal the Sabres should be looking to make unless they're positive they can re-sign him.
I agree!
And the player has no reason to accommodate you [or anyone else] and walk away from a market payday at this stage, right?
So this is why the Sabres should be in on Zib, even if he is super hot and top dollar. He has term and great $.

Did you just mention Parayko and core of trade in reference to Krieder..... If so absolutely no! If i read it wrong then i apologize. Parayko is not for sale and not as a piece for Krieder.
No apologies are in order either way, my good man.
The question was asked what moves the needle.
I said what that was.
You said no.

would Krug interest you ?
no, not close to enough

1st
2nd
Top 50-100 range NHL prospect

That's the fair deal. His value is equatable to McDonagh and that's what he pulled.
He's worth more than McD.
If I remember he has an extra year.
And Kreider is a stud, McD we were starting to get a little concerned about wear and tear.
Of course, McD is quality, and he commanded a good return
And if he is dealt, so will Kreider.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I agree!
And the player has no reason to accommodate you [or anyone else] and walk away from a market payday at this stage, right?
So this is why the Sabres should be in on Zib, even if he is super hot and top dollar. He has term and great $.

I said what that was.
You said no.

no, not close to enough

And Kreider is a stud, McD we were starting to get a little concerned about wear and tear.

You realize we wouldn't trade you parayko straight up for kreidee let alone him being part of a package. We wouldn't even except a package with kreidee in it for parayko. He doesn't move the needle at all

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Same contract situation. Same age. Krug in a position that ages better and in a more valuable position. I assume just because you would prefer more cost controlled youth?
I don't wanna trade Kreider for similar. I want an overpayment.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Look at the Muzzin trade. Similar cap hit, same term on contracts, similar calibre of player.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
I agree!

I said what that was.
You said no.

no, not close to enough

Sorry bud, but at no point in Kreiders career has he be equivalent to McDonagh. NONE.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
You realize we wouldn't trade you parayko straight up for kreidee let alone him being part of a package. We wouldn't even except a package with kreidee in it for parayko. He doesn't move the needle at all

So in your op, while Para moves the needle for us, Kreider doesn't move it at all for you. Even in a package.
Fine, I'm not jumping you for your honest opinion.

I think Ranger fans want everyone to understand that unless we are excited about the needle being moved, Kreider stays.
I got no prob with you wanting to keep Parayko, and I trust you have to prob with us keeping Kreids.

Reactions: Colt55

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Same contract situation. Same age. Krug in a position that ages better and in a more valuable position. I assume just because you would prefer more cost controlled youth?

not sure I agree Krug ages better. Even if he is not the most physical D with a min of shot blocking, that is still a lot of wear and tear.

Kreider on the other hand is a freak, a jump out of the pool freak.
Time catches up with all of us, but unless he is injured to seriously slow his wheels, he ages gracefully. No less than Marleau gracefully.

I appreciate the chance to upgrade our RD, which is sorely needed.
But Krug will not get Kreider
If you want to move Krug, we can talk something else.
IMO, not looking at cap for the moment, Krug + gets like Namest + Strome.
something like that as a package

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad