Value of: Chris Kreider

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
He’s a point per game center. It doesn’t matter if he’d play #2 center in Pittsburgh, Dallas or where ever. On the vast majority of teams, he’s a #1 center at 25 years old and is making less than 6 million a year for the next 3 seasons after this season.

Stop trying to contort things, your statement was just as ridiculous as bernmeister’s.

2 weeks ago I told you zib was a #1 center and you told me

“50 points in 51 games clearly makes Zibanejad a #2 Center.”

So he had a had a few more points in the past few weeks and now you are agreeing me he’s a number 1?
I literally put this argument in a chain 2 weeks ago how and you told me he’s a number 2 center.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
2 weeks ago I told you zib was a #1 center and you told me

“50 points in 51 games clearly makes Zibanejad a #2 Center.”

So he had a had a few more points in the past few weeks and now you are agreeing me he’s a number 1?
I literally put this argument in a chain 2 weeks ago how and you told me he’s a number 2 center.

If I said that, it was meant in a VERY sarcastic context.

I’d like to see the quote if you can find it.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
He’s a point per game center. It doesn’t matter if he’d play #2 center in Pittsburgh, Dallas or where ever. On the vast majority of teams, he’s a #1 center at 25 years old and is making less than 6 million a year for the next 3 seasons after this season.

Stop trying to contort things, your statement was just as ridiculous as bernmeister’s.

You don’t trade franchise guys for support pieces.

Would you have traded a young Leetch for Krieder and Zibby?

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
False, gotta call you out.
He is 2C only on a team with an elite 1C
he is otherwise 1C material league wide

Zib is currently tied for 16th in goals and tied for 15th in points among centers this season. Granted a few of those centers spend at least some of their time on the wing, a few teams have two elite 1Cs, and we’re only talking about two measures of offensive performance here, but even with those caveats the implication is that a large chunk of the league already has a better center than Zib, and certainly most contenders do. So calling Zib a 2C on a contender is far more reasonable than claiming that he’s a 1C almost league-wide.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
You don’t trade franchise guys for support pieces.

Would you have traded a young Leetch for Krieder and Zibby?

Lmfao ok I’m done, you’re trying to make a comparison to Leetch?

I’m not saying I’d trade McAvoy for Kreider, but you clearly have no idea of how valuable Zibanejad is. I wouldn’t trade him for McAvoy and I’m a HUGE fan of McAvoy. My uncle grew up playing hockey with his father and his father is our family’s plumber. LBNY sticks together.

Charlie is good and I wish for the absolute best for him, but even mentioning Brian Leetch’s name is ridiculous.

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
If I said that, it was meant in a VERY sarcastic context.

50 points in 51 games clearly makes Zibanejad a #2 Center.

And Zuccarello put up 59 points in 2014 while getting 3rd line ES minutes.
I’d like to see the quote if you can find it.

It for sure didnt seem sarcastic. I had made a comment saying Zuc needed a number #1 center in order to put up numbers. (I took it back so all the ranger fans do not need to cry again)

I referred to Zib being a #1 center. I even sent a list of 15 sets of wingers that if he was skating with he would put up well over a point per game.

You replied by saying 50 points in 51 games clearly makes Zib a #2. But by saying that you were trying to prove a point that Zucc didn't need a #1 to put up points... so it makes sense you saying it.

Either way, it is what he is. I think he is a #1 Center, and if stuck between some of these other first line wingers around the league he is clearly a PPG and could go way over

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Surely Kreider signs wherever Boo Nieves happens to be playing whenever he hits the market. :sarcasm:

I do not back down a fraction of an inch there.
Until Kravtsov gets here, Kreider should be playing with Nieves, and a good complementary 1RW, which would be Zib if he is here and Chytil if Zib is traded.

If the Rangers trade nearly all surplus vets as I hope they will, leaving Kreider and Nieves as an available pairing, I am going to have the last laugh when I am proven right, and you know what you can do with your sarcasm icon.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
It for sure didnt seem sarcastic. I had made a comment saying Zuc needed a number #1 center in order to put up numbers. (I took it back so all the ranger fans do not need to cry again)

I referred to Zib being a #1 center. I even sent a list of 15 sets of wingers that if he was skating with he would put up well over a point per game.

You replied by saying 50 points in 51 games clearly makes Zib a #2. But by saying that you were trying to prove a point that Zucc didn't need a #1 to put up points... so it makes sense you saying it.

Either way, it is what he is. I think he is a #1 Center, and if stuck between some of these other first line wingers around the league he is clearly a PPG and could go way over

Wow, you can’t tell the sarcasm there? What center that’s 1 point under a point per game would be a #2? Come on.

I honestly can’t believe I have to explain this.

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
Wow, you can’t tell the sarcasm there? What center that’s 1 point under a point per game would be a #2? Come on.

I honestly can’t believe I have to explain this.

So I say he’s a #1 center you say he’s a number 2 to defend your player. Sounds a lot like sarcasm you are right. Keep trying

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
So I say he’s a #1 center you say he’s a number 2 to defend your player. Sounds a lot like sarcasm you are right. Keep trying

This was the post I was responding to...

I love how the Rangers lose both arguments.

"They don't have a #1 center."

And

"Zucc struggles to put up points if hes not skating with a top center. "

So which is it? Either the Rangers have had #1 centers over the years cause Zucc has put up points as a Ranger, or Zucc has put up points without a #1 center.

He was saying we lose both arguments, when in reality, we don’t.

Zuccarello HAS put up points in the past without a true number one center. He was never a regular on Stepan’s line.

Now, there is a number one center in place and he’s scoring at a 65-ish point pace over 82.

But yeah, I need to keep trying. Lol, can’t make this shit up.

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
I’ll keep trying while you learn to grasp sarcasm. Deal?

Think before you post.

So then your post makes zero sense Hahahah.

You were agreeing with me when I said is a #1 by saying he’s a #2???? Hahha what are you brain dead lol

If i say a player is a #1 Center. You don’t need to tell me 50 points is 51 games makes him a number #2 Center.

One again man keep trying

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
So then your post makes zero sense Hahahah.

You were agreeing with me when I said is a #1 by saying he’s a #2???? Hahha what are you brain dead lol

If i say a player is a #1 Center. You don’t need to tell me 50 points is 51 games makes him a number #2 Center.

One again man keep trying

You’re quoting me in response to someone else. I’m not the one lost in space. You can’t even follow what’s going on. Get a grip.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad