Value of: Chris Kreider

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Flames need him. What would it take?

A lot. We don’t know if he’s actually available. Plus, he has one year left after this one at 4.625 million. Rangers have no real incentive to move him as some believe he could be the team’s next captain and he has chemistry with Zibanejad and Zuccarello.

Personally, I’d ask for a first and someone’s top prospect and depending on who that prospect is, maybe an additional one. If that’s a no go, I’m fine with keeping him, as I’m not even sure if Gorton is looking to move him.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Flames need him. What would it take?

Gorton is more or less on record saying that he would want a future "foundation piece" for Kreider. Of course not directly in relation to Kreider, but I think the context was like 'we will sell the rentals but listen to offers to anyone, for certain guys we will want a 'foundation piece' to come back', something like that.

Reactions: bernmeister and Ori

Kybb79

Sep 13, 2016
A lot. We don’t know if he’s actually available. Plus, he has one year left after this one at 4.625 million. Rangers have no real incentive to move him as some believe he could be the team’s next captain and he has chemistry with Zibanejad and Zuccarello.

Personally, I’d ask for a first and someone’s top prospect and depending on who that prospect is, maybe an additional one. If that’s a no go, I’m fine with keeping him, as I’m not even sure if Gorton is looking to move him.
What about Hayes?

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
What about Hayes?

1st and a prospect. With the way he’s played this season and Boyle getting a 2nd straight up? Definitely, 1st and a prospect.

I think the Hanzal trade from a couple of years ago would be the barometer and Hayes SHOULD (not sure he will) get more.

Kybb79

Sep 13, 2016
1st and a prospect. With the way he’s played this season and Boyle getting a 2nd straight up? Definitely, 1st and a prospect.

I think the Hanzal trade from a couple of years ago would be the barometer and Hayes SHOULD (not sure he will) get more.
1st Jankowski

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Gorton is more or less on record saying that he would want a future "foundation piece" for Kreider. Of course not directly in relation to Kreider, but I think the context was like 'we will sell the rentals but listen to offers to anyone, for certain guys we will want a 'foundation piece' to come back', something like that.

Yes this @Kybb79 - but a 2019/2020 1st will also help the rebuild immensely.

bfaust30

Dec 25, 2015
Need a blue chip prospect. If Nashville is the destination is starts w Fabbro or Tolv

Reactions: WeRa

QcFlames12

Feb 1, 2012
As for Calgary i would offer:
1st, Dillon Dube and Micheal Frolik.

Flip Frolik if you guys wanted, needed to make the deal work salary wise.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
NYR might also be able to help with taking some CAP back.
possibly, but cap is a precious resource we should spend as makes sense, but otherwise try to bank for when needed

Kreider is not a given here, but I would consider part of any premium asset - including Kreider/Hayes/Zib/Zuc - to be possible opportunity to take less coming back and move Smith.
There are other options there too.
Just saying as a general policy, we can be open to improving our cap now for dividends that may pay later.

I'm not moving Kreider for futures. I'd want an equivalent dman.
I want ample profit, not just to marginally win the trade.
Exact situation depends on specific assets, but generally I would take futures IF there is enough additional picks/prospects value to offset risk factor - known commodity vs unknown.
I don't know about 'equivalent', but McAvoy or Parayko could be core basis of a package that would work.

apoptygma

2-5-9-11
Apr 9, 2011
possibly, but cap is a precious resource we should spend as makes sense, but otherwise try to bank for when needed

Kreider is not a given here, but I would consider part of any premium asset - including Kreider/Hayes/Zib/Zuc - to be possible opportunity to take less coming back and move Smith.
Just saying as a general policy, we can be open to improving our cap now for dividends that may pay later.

Exact situation depends on specific assets, but generally I would take futures IF there is enough additional picks/prospects value to offset risk factor - known commodity vs unknown.
I don't know about 'equivalent', but McAvoy or Parayko could be core basis of a package that would work.

THe CAP NYR will take back will of course cost, but NYR capspace makes more freedom for both teams to get what they want from a deal.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

McAvoy as part of a package? Christ. ELC top pairing D as part of a package for a good 2nd line winger a year from UFA. Got it.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
McAvoy as part of a package? Christ. ELC top pairing D as part of a package for a good 2nd line winger a year from UFA. Got it.

Wanting McAvoy as part of a package is pretty over the top, but referring to Kreider as a 2nd line winger is pretty inaccurate. He's a guy who is going to score over 30 goals this season and is one of the best drivers of play in the league.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Alexander Nylander + SJ 1st rounder 2019

You have 2 first round picks, and you offer us the later one, which could be 25+? Come on! There's nothing enticing about that offer for us to move Kreider.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad