Player Discussion Chris Kreider: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Thee is always the Godfather offer. The one that if Gorton received he just could not refuse. But that type of offer is a give to get. In other words, the team can have him. But the return is going to hurt. As BRF said, none of this protected pick or prospect. With Buffalo, the conversation begins with Ottawa's pick, and whomever is considered today to be the next crown jewel of the organization. That's the start.

Agreed, I wouldn’t give him up for any less. If someone wanted Kreider and I’m Gorton, they’re giving a King’s ransom for him.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
I beg to differ . He could have sought out Crosby or Malkin or some Penguin and nailed them last night to at least attempt to get them misdirected ...but did he NOPE . He has those tools to get that done...but he is a bit soft in that regard . It does not have to be dirty...just a hard hit on the right guy gets it done . A face wash after a whistle...stuff like that...but he avoids that stuff 99 % of the time...he could be so much more . But...if you just want to settle....then he is a perfect fit for a club that has one Cup in 80 ? years .

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I beg to differ . He could have sought out Crosby or Malkin or some Penguin and nailed them last night to at least attempt to get them misdirected ...but did he NOPE . He has those tools to get that done...but he is a bit soft in that regard . It does not have to be dirty...just a hard hit on the right guy gets it done . A face wash after a whistle...stuff like that...but he avoids that stuff 99 % of the time...he could be so much more . But...if you just want to settle....then he is a perfect fit for a club that has one Cup in 80 ? years .
We have one Cup in 80 years in part because this organization has made a habit of trading their young talent to get bigger and tougher.

Reactions: One Winged Angel

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York

He avoids it because he's not that kind of player. You can't force players into roles that they aren't suited for. If you want a hard nosed punk like Marchant you have to go and get them

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
We have one Cup in 80 years in part because this organization has made a habit of trading their young talent to get bigger and tougher.

Middleton for Hodge.

Weight for Tikkanen.

Amonte for Noonan and Matteau.

Gartner for Anderson.

Zubov and Nedved for Robitaille and Samuelsson.

Ferraro, Norstrom, Lafayette and Laperriere for Kurri, Churla and McSorley.

I could go on and on...

Reactions: Machinehead

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Middleton for Hodge.

Weight for Tikkanen.

Gartner for Anderson.

I could go on and on...

We got really lucky in 1994. We had the best team in the league and decided to bomb the team at the deadline. We're lucky the second team got it done.

(And they got it done because our HOF defenseman was Superman for two months)

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Middleton for Hodge.

Weight for Tikkanen.

Gartner for Anderson.

I could go on and on...
WHY.....WOULD.......YOU......DO......THIS......TO.......ME?????

Oh, and you left out Tinordi. And Domi. And King. And Ridley. And Miller

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
We got really lucky in 1994. We had the best team in the league and decided to bomb the team at the deadline. We're lucky the second team got it done.

(And they got it done because our HOF defenseman was Superman for two months)

Yeah, with Amonte and Gartner, they outscored the devils 20-8 in the regular season in 5 games. They didn’t need to make some of those trades.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Everyone saying he wasn't that great the last two games, but he has a goal and an assist.

One thing he's doing this year that maybe we weren't getting in the past is he's finding points even when he's not fantastic.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Everyone saying he wasn't that great the last two games, but he has a goal and an assist.

One thing he's doing this year that maybe we weren't getting in the past is he's finding points even when he's not fantastic.

CK is a player that does not have points magically fall onto his lap. If he gets on the scoresheet it means he is usually engaged and putting an effort. Especially if it’s a multi-point night for him. Don’t get me wrong he has the skill set to produce when he is not having the best of games, but it seems a lot of his production comes from his drive and determantion, and not just being in the the right place at the right time.

Last edited:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
CK is a player that does not have points magically fall onto his lap. If he gets on the scoresheet it means he is usually engaged and putting an effort. Especially if it’s a multi-point night for him. Don’t get me wrong he has the skill set to produce when he is not having the best of games, but it seems a lot of his production comes from his drive and determantion, and not just being in the the right place at the right time.
That's true, but the last couple of games he kinda was just in the right place, and that's what I love about him: he improves aspects of his game every year.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Middleton for Hodge.

Weight for Tikkanen.

Gartner for Anderson.

I could go on and on...
You really just cannot help yourself can you?
UGH. That 60 foot shot. That was my first moment of true disappontment and heartbreak as a Ranger fan. I was young, but I got a really bad feeling in my stomach after that goal.
And then you come through and rub some salt into it? Come one, OWA. Show me some mercy here.

What's next? You going to list the Morrow overtime goal from '84?

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Middleton for Hodge.

Weight for Tikkanen.

Gartner for Anderson.

I could go on and on...
Wowzers. Sure, maybe one of those to add a little grit might have been necessary, but they gutted ALL the secondary scoring, some primary, and the entire future primary scorers as well.

Classic case of confirmation bias- 'we won the cup so therefore the trades were good and worked' but we could have had multiple looking at who was traded and for what, my absolute gawd. Really lucky social media didn't exist then!

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
At least we traded grit god cally for all talent St Louis.

We traded Dubs for Rick Nash (had to lose Artie but thank God he never developed further...and Erixon busted)

Ansen Carter LOL for Jagr.

Not coincidentally, this team entered into an unprecedented period of success.

We also had Hank, of course but Hank was not carrying teams anywhere without significant talent being added in key places

Reactions: Rongomania
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad