Player Discussion Chris Kreider: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Sort of, but that was done so on a much smaller scale.

Kreider is already way better/more productive than Pouliot ever was.

I find the idea that a player who has good numbers can generate those same or even better numbers by only giving him more ice time to be dubious.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Not better and maybe not the same rate stats, but even with slightly worse rate stats his box score stats would go up over a full season if he got the 1st line TOI that he should have.

Reactions: Go Away Staal

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Not better and maybe not the same rate stats, but even with slightly worse rate stats his box score stats would go up over a full season if he got the 1st line TOI that he should have.

I think the players play the minutes they do usually for some reasoning and it's not always the because coach is an idiot. Perhaps heath or conditioning is a factor, in which case I'd be more apt to believe those who are completely recovered from an injury or a condition could take on more minutes and put up similar rates. Kreider may fit into that category as he did have a procedure last year however it may be he is just not as much of an effective/efficient player when he hits some sort of time on ice threshold whether that is per shift or per game.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Maybe, but under AV it was clear he just didn't give his top line enough minutes. AV is an actual idiot and goes against what pretty much every good coach is doing. There's no way Kreider is a player who's not conditioned to play ~20 minutes, have you seen the guy? He didn't have procedures every year.

Reactions: shinchanuuhh

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
I am not sure about the top guy ice time thing, I mean I think Nash was almost always injured or was concerned with being injured again. Zbad is often hurt or recovering from being hurt.

I guess I'd be more apt to believe AV was an idiot, and its not like I would not lean that direction in just about any other subject, if the Rangers had some elite players, like ones who are more universally thought of as elite and he was not giving them ~20 mins per game if they were uninjured/not recovering. I guess I just don't think the Rangers top forwards would have produced (points) all that much more if any more than whoever took those minutes. (sans Glass and the like)

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I find the idea that a player who has good numbers can generate those same or even better numbers by only giving him more ice time to be dubious.

So, a player who scores 20 goals in 35 games is worse than a player who scores 22 goals in 71 games? Because when it comes to Kreider, it's more about GP, rather than TOI

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
So, a player who scores 20 goals in 35 games is worse than a player who scores 22 goals in 71 games? Because when it comes to Kreider, it's more about GP, rather than TOI

I did not say that, I am saying the rate that a player does stuff, whether that is shot attempt metrics, production, whatever, in any minutes he received previously, does not mean if they give him more minutes (per game, per shift, per season) those rates will be stay the same.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
What's the overall consensus with Kreider on the PK?

I think with Nash and Grabner gone, it makes sense to have him on there, can add speed and create SH opportunities. Was even blocking shots last game, which for pre-season is not a good idea but the effort is there, and I like it. Someone above said he has become a good all around player, I do agree, and I think if he continues to be on the PK, he can be a very good two way forward. If he puts up 50 points while adding that defense element of the game, will be more than fine with him.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
What's the overall consensus with Kreider on the PK?

I think with Nash and Grabner gone, it makes sense to have him on there, can add speed and create SH opportunities. Was even blocking shots last game, which for pre-season is not a good idea but the effort is there, and I like it. Someone above said he has become a good all around player, I do agree, and I think if he continues to be on the PK, he can be a very good two way forward. If he puts up 50 points while adding that defense element of the game, will be more than fine with him.

I don’t know how I feel about it yet but I’m glad that they’re giving it a shot.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
His CF%rel just crept into the positive. GF% is outstanding. Leads in the team in p/60.

Again, quietly just consistent good hockey.

I really wouldn't be against bringing this guy back to be part of the next group. If he's 31 by the time we're competitive again, is that really the worst thing? Depends on the dollars of course.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Can’t trade this guy. I know some people disagree but think he is still untouchable. Of course no one in the league is untouchable but if you are trying to build a contending team, he needs to be part of the equation. Think Kreider is part of the core for several years to come.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
If he stays healthy he’s hitting 40 this year
His shooting percentage is running way too hot for him to keep up his current goal scoring pace, but he should definitely break 30 on the year and probably 35 as well if he stays healthy.

Reactions: Ori

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Yes I doubt he hit 40 goals, but as long he do the right plays in O zone and knows when to use his speed on the rush and I enjoy it when he plays physical in the last evening game vs Islanders, but he don`t need to score all the time. I`m happy if he get above 50 pts. and stay healthy at the same time. :)

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Points aside, seems like CK20 has been more noticeable game in and game out.

I think this system suits his game a bit better than what AV employed.

Actually, seems like most of the college kids are playing a more noticable game.

Hayes, Vesey, Pionk, Kreider

Dont get me wrong, others are playing well like Tony D, Howden and recently Chytil. I just think that (and it's to be expected) that Quinn is having this sort of impact on Kreider.

Glad to see it as Kreider has the tools and frame to be a dominant physical force and hes been that more consistently thorough 22 games this year.

Hope he keeps this pace all year

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
To me, Kreider is really trying to be the leader of this team. You can see it on the ice and at the end of games when he's interacting with his teammates. This mini evolution just might be the result of McD's shadow being out of the room and him taking a step forward. 20ish games is a small sample size, but I don't see him evolving into a trade piece, I see him wearing the "C" down the road.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I was on board with trading Kreider before this season but now I really want him to stay. He’s only 27 and he’s a big part of the locker room, players really like him and you can see it with the way they talk about him. He’s pretty much our captain

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Keep the C off him imo, while he’s an absolute beast and leader he doesn’t scream ‘captain’ to me personality wise. He’s become more assertive etc. but he’s still a more laidback type of guy which the C hasn’t seem to mesh well with in the past.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
When can he be extended? Jan 2019 or Jan 2020? or does it matter?

I dont think he will Callahan us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad