Player Discussion Chris Kreider: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I'm so upset today.

You know, maybe it'll be great if he gets traded because it's so exhausting constantly defending this player.

Last night was a bad play, and he's accountable for that. But people think he's a dirty player. People thought that before last night. Where does that come from? Never been suspended. Somebody said on Twitter last night "Chris Kreider and injuring people, name a more iconic duo." And I was like "ok, let me start you off with Carey Price and let's see the rest of the list." I'm still waiting on that reply.

I know there was no ill-intent on that play. I know he didn't mean for that to happen. I know that because I know it. People are gonna say "oh, well you can't psycho-analyze the player." The **** I can't. I've observed him at his occupation for nine years, I know who he is.

DeAngelo would do that. Lemieux would do that. Kreider wouldn't do that.

What's astounding to me is that 30 fanbases think this guy is a murderer and the one fanbase that watches him tells me he's too soft, he's too nice, he doesn't hit enough, he's not engaged enough, he's not enough of a physical threat. It's a direct contradiction. It's amazing what happens to this man.

Regarding that one fanbase, I'll never understand the expectations they put on this guy. He's not an offensive superstar. He's never going to put up silly numbers. He never has at any level. I was thrilled he started out the year pacing for 40 and if he hit 40, it would have been one of my great experiences as a Rangers fan. If it ends up being about 28, I would have signed up for that before the season. He is what he is and I don't understand why most Rangers fans can't just be ok with that. He's a very good player.

People will bring up the contract and say "well, he's good but he's not worth that UFA price tag." Look, I spend a lot of time on this forum. You picked on him when he was making 4 million and you picked on him when he was on his ELC. The contract thing would be a fair argument, but don't ****ing lie to my face. You know who you are.

28 goals and 53 points or thereabout on a player that's a good 200 foot player, one of the better play-drivers in league, and by all accounts an outstanding teammate should be unanimously revered by the fanbase, not one of its more polarizing.

As for the people who think he's some vicious, dirty player, that's just the nerds and Al Bundy's of the world who never got over the high school jock thing (and I say that as a nerd). As for Rangers fans, the problem isn't Kreider, the problem is the Rangers. Guys like Wilson, Oshie, Guentzel, etc are loved by their fanbases because they do their thing (which is be very good players) and they have Ovechkin, Backstrom, Crosby, and Malkin to score every ****ing night. Here, Kreider is the main event, and it's the Rangers' inability to attain elite talent that forced him into that. THAT'S NOT HIS FAULT. And Zibanejad is next. On pace for 77 points. When he doesn't hit 77 every year -and I don't think he will because he's a good center, not a franchise center- he's going to get crucified.

Hopefully with this rebuild, we bring in the marquee talent we've lacked and guys like Kreider can play the roles they belong in, and get the respect they deserve.

I know I shouldn't worry about what people say, but I'm human. These guys become part of your lives, and don't ever tell me it's just a game. And I'm no saint here either. I know Girardi was part of people's lives here and I upset some people, and that's on me. But the thing is, even Girardi's biggest fans never expected him to post 55 points and be in the Norris discussion. I don't understand why the expectations for Kreider are above what he was ever capable of going back to college and before college.

There isn't any good reason to get upset what fans from other fanbases think. Let them think what they want. The goalie thing was always ridiculous. Chris got tripped into Carey Price by two Canadiens d-men who were desperately trying to stop him. There was nothing he could do. We've heard all kinds of stupid shit about that like why does he have to skate so fast?--but knuckleheads like that did their work spreading their shit far and wide. The next year he was shoved into Fleury in the playoffs and a goal taken away by Justin St. Pierre---go figure. Players who are around the net very often are driven into goaltenders. He is big, strong and fast but he's not a dirty player and if someone wants to disagree with that assessment-- that's their right but they're wrong.

Personally I'm hoping we re-sign Kreider. Want to move a name?--move Shattenkirk, Smith or Staal. I'm for hanging on to Mika and Chris.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Your only problem in that regard, from my vantage point, was elevating the player (in this case, Callahan) over the team. We all have our favorites, but, players come and go. It’s going to suck to see Kreider get traded, just like it was McDonagh and Stepan, but, you move on. It’s good to see you back in a better light.

In other words, never go full Webster.
Tbh, I had no idea Leo was even that guy. Thought he was some rookie. :laugh:

It's been a pleasure having you back @Leonardo87 . Rangers never die.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Your only problem in that regard, from my vantage point, was elevating the player (in this case, Callahan) over the team. We all have our favorites, but, players come and go. It’s going to suck to see Kreider get traded, just like it was McDonagh and Stepan, but, you move on. It’s good to see you back in a better light.

In other words, never go full Webster.

I was foolish and stupid 5 years ago. But here I am the last several years rooting for a rebuilding team over a top team. It stinks they are losing but it feels good inside because it’s where I want to be and should be.

Reactions: leetch99

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I was foolish and stupid 5 years ago. But here I am the last several years rooting for a rebuilding team over a top team. It stinks they are losing but it feels good inside because it’s where I want to be and should be.

My daughter cried when Dubi was traded, so I understand. It still sucks to see players you like traded. Hell, seeing McDonagh go hurt because it meant the end of that group. You just kind of get used to it. You process it, and move on.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I got suspended
Hey, you know who's not suspended?

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
My daughter cried when Dubi was traded, so I understand. It still sucks to see players you like traded. Hell, seeing McDonagh go hurt because it meant the end of that group. You just kind of get used to it. You process it, and move on.

My cousin is not taking the Beckham trade very well and he is a Giants season ticket holder and huge fan. He wants to give up
His tickets, told him to think things out before he does.

I’ve learned can’t get attached to players even if they inspire you or become a fan favorite.

Reactions: jas

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
My cousin is not taking the Beckham trade very well and he is a Giants season ticket holder and huge fan. He wants to give up
His tickets, told him to think things out before he does.

I’ve learned can’t get attached to players even if they inspire you or become a fan favorite.

Everyone has a shelf life.

McSauer

Defense Wins Games
Feb 18, 2004
Jersey City, NJ
Why has no one mentioned how awful he has been?

2 A in the last eight games, no goals.
2 goals in the last 18.

Horrific. Pack your bags this summer, Chris. Continue that uninspired, amotivated play somewhere else...

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Why has no one mentioned how awful he has been?

2 A in the last eight games, no goals.
2 goals in the last 18.

Horrific. Pack your bags this summer, Chris. Continue that uninspired, amotivated play somewhere else...
Everyone has mentioned it?

Reactions: leetch99

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
A little part of me wonders if that MMA spinning backhand to the chops last night was brought on by some frustration.He hasnt been playing well for weeks.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Kreider was lucky to just get a $5,000 fine. George Parros hands out suspensions like candy on Halloween. You watch the player safety video explanation of the suspensions. They suspended the guy for that???

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
In Kreider`s defense he is in his own league concerning physic in NHL. Kreider try to avoid him and I highly doubt his elbow was intentional - he don`t have that reputation in the league. I know he skated into Price, but it was not intentional at all and many years ago now in the playoffs.

And this is a none playoffs game that did not matter for any teams last morning concerning the playoffs race since both are out of it.

Reactions: nyrage
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad