Player Discussion Chris Kreider: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
No problem giving Kreider a 6x6 contract. He’s durable and a fitness freak; not worried about him becoming injury prone or decaying at 30-31 like many do.

Edit: and, oh yeah, he’s the heart and soul of this team.

Last edited:

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I will admit I was very wrong about him. Lack of point production in college and stretches of inconsistency early in his career always made me weary of him.

Really hope he's this team's Blake Wheeler when the youth players are ready.

Reactions: Rongomania

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
No problem giving Kreider a 6x6 contract. He’s durable and a fitness freak; not worried about him becoming injury prone or decaying at 30-31 like many do.

Edit: and, oh yeah, he’s the heart and soul of this team.

Here’s the question I have about Kreider, and last year - if he didn't have a life-threatening health issue, would what we're seeing this year have just been the natural progression from his 2016-7 upswing, or, is this year due to the injury giving him more focus? It's possible that, if he was healthy all year, he establishes the 2016-17 season as his norm going forward. But, again, maybe he doesn't reach this level. He's not only established himself as a 1st liner, he's becoming a quality 1st liner. And he's shortened the spans where his production slows down, which is why we're seeing more production from him.

Last edited:
Reactions: RoarLionRoar

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
Kreider's uncanny stick work around the net bodes well for his ability to put up points beyond 'prime years'. That stat isn't a coincidence - his deflections are league-best for a reason. Scary to think it's a skill he's refined - and could get even better at.

He's a must re-sign, and I'd put the C on him tomorrow.

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
Kreider's uncanny stick work around the net bodes well for his ability to put up points beyond 'prime years'. That stat isn't a coincidence - his deflections are league-best for a reason. Scary to think it's a skill he's refined - and could get even better at.

He's a must re-sign, and I'd put the C on him tomorrow.

The deflection he had the other night was one of the best I've ever seen... it was insane

Kreider has been an absolute monster lately... hope he finishes out his career with us.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
The deflection he had the other night was one of the best I've ever seen... it was insane

Kreider has been an absolute monster lately... hope he finishes out his career with us.

My favorite deflection before that one was one that Drury had in the playoffs against Brodeur in 2008. Starts at 2 minutes, but it's hard to see how great it was.

But this one gives it a run for its money.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
For years and years, Rangers fans complained about not having a front of the net presence. We get one who is one of the very best in the league in Kreider, same neanderthals complain about him game in and game out.
Same people complain about the Rangers not developing forwards.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I’d trade Kreider. As much as I’d like to keep him, you’d get an absolute haul for him right now. On pace for over 40 goals with term left on a good deal.

I don’t worry about him going forward because he’s finally developed his net front game and that’s why he’s turned the corner as a goal scorer.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I’d trade Kreider. As much as I’d like to keep him, you’d get an absolute haul for him right now. On pace for over 40 goals with term left on a good deal.
Can't do it. He is a legit top pairing wing who is evolving as a leader. He and ZBad will be the veteran presence on the other side of a rebuild. That said, there is a market clearing rate for everything.

Reactions: Sarge13

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

I don’t worry about him going forward because he’s finally developed his net front game and that’s why he’s turned the corner as a goal scorer.

Meh, Kreider is one of the few you keep, don't care about the return.

Reactions: jas

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Can't do it. He is a legit top pairing wing who is evolving as a leader. He and ZBad will be the veteran presence on the other side of a rebuild. That said, there is a market clearing rate for everything.

I can totally understand and respect that. I’d personally pull the trigger if an offer I couldn’t refuse came along because of his age and the direction of the team to be honest.

I’m convinced that he can be a 30+ goal winger every year moving forward because of his net front play. He’s become such a threat around the net, it was the missing element to his offensive game. Night in, night out, you’re seeing him get there, as opposed to years past, where he wasn’t doing so with any consistency, so as I stated, I can see the argument for keeping him, because I personally wouldn’t mind it at all, but I’d move him if I was blown away with an offer. If someone offered something stupidly good for the team.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I should have multi-quoted, but see my reply to True Blue above. I don’t mind keeping him at all, but if someone were to blow Gorton away with an offer, I’d be fine with them moving him.
Thee is always the Godfather offer. The one that if Gorton received he just could not refuse. But that type of offer is a give to get. In other words, the team can have him. But the return is going to hurt. As BRF said, none of this protected pick or prospect. With Buffalo, the conversation begins with Ottawa's pick, and whomever is considered today to be the next crown jewel of the organization. That's the start.

Reactions: One Winged Angel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad