Dreger: Chris Kreider could be moved

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
On a side note, I have a source that has confirmed the NHL has extended the first round of the draft to the first 93 picks to accommodate all the players available who are clearly worth at least a first rounder.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
Honestly I wouldn't do anything that youd agree to. I just can't deal with CK on the Pens

Don't blame you, Kreider is a stud, and would be even better in the pens fast system with Crosby/Malkin. He'd make them significantly better.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
This is a team that has literally never earned a top 5 pick because they have never given up on even the slimmest chances of a playoff berth. Never. Not one natural top 5 pick. You picked the wrong franchise to accuse of "destroying the integrity of the game." If they look a little clumsy at tanking, it's probably because they are one of the only teams in the league who have never effing tanked before.
I did say I admired it. It's THE correct path to take. But announcing it like that is stupid ad f***. Anyways my habs have also never tanked, at least since I was born.

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
I did say I admired it. It's THE correct path to take. But announcing it like that is stupid ad ****. Anyways my habs have also never tanked, at least since I was born.
not in the least bit not once has Gorton or Sather every said anything about tanking. and now this is a turning point for the organization and they told us which every ny fan appreciates seeing as they never tell us shit

Reactions: mrjiggyfly

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
Conor Sheary for Kreider straight up??

mjl.gif

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
On a side note, I have a source that has confirmed the NHL has extended the first round of the draft to the first 93 picks to accommodate all the players available who are clearly worth at least a first rounder.

Are:
McDonagh
Zuccarello
Kreider
Miller
Nash

Not worth 1st rounders? Numerous teams interested in Nash according to reports.

Hell, even Grabner should fetch a 1st. Or a 2nd +.

Owen Doty

Jan 1, 2018
How about a top defense prospect from calgary?? Maybe a guy like rasmus andersson, or adam fox? Rangers fans what would you guys think of this?

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Are:
McDonagh
Zuccarello
Kreider
Miller
Nash

Not worth 1st rounders? Numerous teams interested in Nash according to reports.

Hell, even Grabner should fetch a 1st. Or a 2nd +.

I think his point is that there aren't enough 1st rounders to go around for all of these guys from the Rangers, + all of the guys available on other teams, to return 1st rounders+. There's only a limited number of teams buying, and the Blues and Flames already don't have 1st rounders for this upcoming year.

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Benching Lunq will have the NHL sticking their noses around.

Really?--he's getting shelled regularly lately and has been pulled 3 times in the last 5-6 games. The fact is as well that the Rangers have overplayed him all year long. IMO the Rangers would be dumb as shit to continue doing that. For one thing he seems to be losing his composure and acting out a lot lately and if you had actually been paying attention to what's going on with the Rangers for the last month or so you'd understand why. Beaten by the Avalanche, the Kings, the Ducks, destroyed by the Maple Leafs, destroyed again by the Predators, massively outplayed by the Stars in a game he kept close, and whipped again by Boston last night. The only reason we were in the hunt for a playoff spot was because of him and with more and more players out injured--the rest of the lineup has been acting like it was shell shocked. He's taken the brunt of that shit. He could use a vacation right now. He's about the only one on the team I ain't pissed at. I don't throw a fighter back into the ring when he's fought a great fight but both his eyes have been closed.

IMO there's no reason for us to continue to play Henrik night in and night out when there's no conceivable playoff picture ahead of us this year and when he'll be looking at 40-45 shot games every night. I wouldn't. The way I look at it right now Pavelec would be playing at least half the games we have left and the league can pound salt if they don't like it.

Reactions: EssEmmEll

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
I think his point is that there aren't enough 1st rounders to go around for all of these guys from the Rangers, + all of the guys available on other teams, to return 1st rounders+. There's only a limited number of teams buying, and the Blues and Flames already don't have 1st rounders for this upcoming year.

If the Rangers are going for draft picks exclusively (I don't think they are), then the smart thing to do would be to pick up extra picks in 2018 AND 2019. Otherwise, the players they DO get will run into a contract crunch at similar times. Least that's what I would try to do.

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT

I totally get his point. It honestly made me laugh.

Ultimately, I think you have:

Deadline buyers.

And

Hockey trades around the Draft.

There are two groups that very well might move their 1st round picks for various trades.

I can see a guy like Kreider and/or Miller being moved for a high draft pick. I can also see guys like McD, Nash, and Zucc moved for 1sts +. (Moreso McD and Zucc instead over Nash).

This is assuming NYR management prefer picks over prospects.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I don't like it for Edmonton
Yeah, what does EDM need with a good playoff gamebreaker?

Stupid and typical for the Rangers to give up their best playoff guy...meanwhile, including the regular season, anyone know what the record with and without Kreider is?

How about the winning percentage when he registers a point?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00