Dreger: Chris Kreider could be moved

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
as a Leafs fan I really do not have a lot of interest in acquiring a forward as the Leafs have a lot of depth ther,

however I would be interested in acquiring a Chris Kreider if available and if a fair deal could be reached, his speed and physicality especially in his ability to crash the crease would be a welcomed addition going into the playoffs. He's not a total heat score with the referees and seems to play a consistent two way game.

Not sure what the Rags would want, and not interested in an over payment I can see a line of Kreider, Bozak and Brown being a solid and efficient line...just have to figure out where the Leafs could send JvR for a pick

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Any deal with Kreider shouldn't be "low level"

I think it will be lower than most Rangers fans expect. He's one of those players with a lot of appealing tools but can't put them together all at the same time.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
I think it will be lower than most Rangers fans expect. He's one of those players with a lot of appealing tools but can't put them together all at the same time.

I mean I don't think we should move him anyway, but had 28 goals and 25 assists last year and was pacing for 24-24 this year. 50 point guys don't grow on trees, especially with his speed and strength.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I mean I don't think we should move him anyway, but had 28 goals and 25 assists last year and was pacing for 24-24 this year. 50 point guys don't grow on trees, especially with his speed and strength.
Oh for sure. He's a valuable player and could return a 1st at the deadline but there are some rogue Rangers fan who want the moon for him.
If he did put it all together, he'd be impossible to play against.

Reactions: EpicDing

EpicDing

Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
Oh for sure. He's a valuable player and could return a 1st at the deadline but there are some rogue Rangers fan who want the moon for him.
If he did put it all together, he'd be impossible to play against.

Yeah, I guess what I'm really getting at is he's probably more valuable to the Rangers than he is in a trade.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Yeah, I guess what I'm really getting at is he's probably more valuable to the Rangers than he is in a trade.
That's the stupidest expression I see everywhere. If Kreider is valuable to Rangers he wll also be very valuable to a bunch of other teams trying to compete. Then it becomes a matter if said teams are ready to pay the asking price.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Owen Tippet + McGinn (cap reasons) for Krieder

I'd also like Hayes but not sure what his cost would be.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I think his point is that there aren't enough 1st rounders to go around for all of these guys from the Rangers, + all of the guys available on other teams, to return 1st rounders+. There's only a limited number of teams buying, and the Blues and Flames already don't have 1st rounders for this upcoming year.
Good point.
But NYR likely not moving Kreider or Miller, and if they did, that would more likely be to competing club, rather than team developing its roster, and as such expect later 1st and 1-2 primo blue chips involved.

That leaves
McD
Zuc
Grabner
Nash
each of who should get a 1st

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
McCabe (LD, 1 more yr @1.6, 2019 RFA)
Girgensons (LW/C/RW, 1 more yr @ 1.6, 2019 RFA)
A.Nylander (RW, 8th overall 2016)

for

Kreider (LW, 2 more yrs @4.625, 2020 UFA)

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
If they deal McDonagh, why should they keep Kreider? By the time you're back in it he has to have slowed down, right?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Kreider is NOT being moved.
In this instance, I am right, Dreger is wrong.
Book it.

1 yr from today, 2/9/2019, Kreider will STILL be a Ranger.
Whether or not he finishes his entire career here is another story; even a guy like Bourque [sp?] can get moved towards end of playing days. But most of CK's run will be here w/NYR.

EpicDing

Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
That's the stupidest expression I see everywhere. If Kreider is valuable to Rangers he wll also be very valuable to a bunch of other teams trying to compete. Then it becomes a matter if said teams are ready to pay the asking price.

I disagree. Teams may be lining up around the block to pay a 1st plus for Kreider, but honestly I value him more than what those pieces are worth. I'd rather hole onto Kreider.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
McCabe (LD, 1 more yr @1.6, 2019 RFA)
Girgensons (LW/C/RW, 1 more yr @ 1.6, 2019 RFA)
A.Nylander (RW, 8th overall 2016)

for

Kreider (LW, 2 more yrs @4.625, 2020 UFA)
lol terrible for the rangers. kreider's worth more than a bottom pair dman, a bottom-6 fwd and a unproductive prospect.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
If they deal McDonagh, why should they keep Kreider? By the time you're back in it he has to have slowed down, right?

Kreider has a few more years on his deal and they do still need to put a team on the ice next season. They can always move him in a year or two.

kind of a low value point to move him at right now too considering he's been injured and is recovering from an operation and fairly serious malady

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->