Dreger: Chris Kreider could be moved

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Yes all can be moved when Jeff Gorton mention a rebuild, and I`m not sure anymore if we have good enough players to rebuild a team who can win that cup with our younger generation of players.

But we need talents to build around like Mc. David, and Crosby kind of talents.

My point is we can quick end up in a (5-7) years rebuild plan - and you need good drafting and a bit luck in lottery similar to Leaf & Oilers.

I think the Rangers are realizing how much they miss Kreiders abilities. He drives their top line. It would require an overpayment. They need young wingers and defense.

Yes true, our stats without Kreider is horrific, but we have 6 regulars out with injuries.

Last edited:
Reactions: bl02

mab894

Nov 27, 2017
Would love him on the blues... how does fabbri, tage thompson, and gunnarsson sound for kreider and a back end defenseman like holden?

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
I admire their rebuild intentions but what they are doing is certainly anti-competitive, destroying the integrity of the game, especially with informal announcements of one.

I mean, I get that trading Adam Chapie was a big deal, seeing as he just got promoted from the 4th line to the 2nd line of the Hartford Wolf Pack, but maybe we should consider seeing what the Rangers will do with their second trade before we go trust-busting them for destroying the integrity of the game.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Would love him on the blues... how does fabbri, tage thompson, and gunnarsson sound for kreider and a back end defenseman like holden?

Love Fabbris game but he's injured all the time, personally i'd start at Kostin + 1st but that's not enough.

Reactions: mab894

Mckay

I find your lack of gravy disturbing.
Mar 5, 2014
Canada
He could also NOT be moved.

Now I'm just like Dregs.. .McDregs they call me.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Yes all can be moved when Jeff Gorton mention a rebuild, and I`m not sure anymore if we have good enough players to rebuild a team who can win that cup with our younger generation of players.

But we need talents to build around like Mc. David, and Crosby kind of talents.

My point is we can quick end up in a (5-7) years rebuild plan - and you need good drafting and a bit luck in lottery similar to Leaf & Oilers.

Yes true, our stats without Kreider is horrific, but we have 6 regulars out with injuries.

If your plan for rebuilding is to get lucky and acquire a McDavid, Matthews, or a Crosby, I really don't know what to say other than you are unlikely to be successful.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
does Kreider play any RW at all? I think if he did the Bruins would pay a hefty price of prospects for him.
Honestly, probably not.

Grabner and Zuccarello are the available RWs. Miller's best position is probably RW. Nash can play RW, but he is better at LW. Krieder, I have only seen play LW

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Honestly, I think when he said low-level, Dreger meant on the downlow, as in quietly.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Low level as in unlikely but the Rangers aren't hanging up immediately when someone calls (like they would if someone called about Lundqvist)

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I mean yea he could be moved but I really doubt it will happen, he's pretty important to the team even though he never took that next step to become an elite power fwd like we hoped. But he's still relatively young and on a modest contract for a few more years, not the kind of player you need to ship out to have a rebuild, he can be part of that rebuild

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Fair enough. I also hope we get more prospects and NHL ready players anyway.

For instance, no interest in Tampas first round pick. I want some combo of Howden, Foote, Raddysh and Katchouk for McDonagh.

Or a possible trade with the Wild like Spurgeon/Kunin/Greenway. Fox from the Flames, Thompson/Kyrou from the Blues, Armia from the Jets. If Vegas is going for it, Suzuki.

Wild aren't trading Spurgeon for Kreider. Kreider is great...he is, essentially Charlie Coyle, but Spurgeon is a no go. If Brodin was healthy (out with a broken hand), and Kreider was healthy then they MIGHT think about trading Dumba for Kreider, but we can't lose Dumba now and halve our top 4. I would do Kunin and Greenway if the money could be made to work....again, Kreider's health would be a roadblock.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Wild aren't trading Spurgeon for Kreider. Kreider is great...he is, essentially Charlie Coyle, but Spurgeon is a no go. If Brodin was healthy (out with a broken hand), and Kreider was healthy then they MIGHT think about trading Dumba for Kreider, but we can't lose Dumba now and halve our top 4. I would do Kunin and Greenway if the money could be made to work....again, Kreider's health would be a roadblock.
For Kunin and Greenway, I would take Ennis back

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
For Kunin and Greenway, I would take Ennis back
Done, for me, though i just realized that Kreider is a year older than Coyle.:(. However, if the blood clot situation is given the OK, and he can get on the ice SOON(Wild are NOT giving up on this year), then i would still do it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->