Dreger: Chris Kreider could be moved

WhoTagz

Jan 28, 2017
Pennsylvania
On Insider Trading just now on Tsn

"And there's intrigue around Chris Kreider as well. You know he's still recovering from the blood clot in his right arm, expected to return perhaps in mid-March so there might be a low level deal there. "

Unless someone similar is coming back, the rangers need a shoot first guy and someone with his speed

Reactions: bl02

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Rangers could deal him at the deadline or before. That could happen, but it's highly unlikely that a team offers enough now knowing that they will have to wait to get a very rusty player back.

If Kreider is dealt, it's more likely at the draft

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Would imagine they’d want a Dman back or (futures)

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Meh. NYR would be stupid to move him at a lessened value and other teams would be stupid to pay full price until you can be more certain this isn't going to be a reoccurring issue.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
I see him among the least likely players to be dealt. If I had 5 tiers of being dealt, with 1 being most likely and 5 being least it would go

1: Nash, Grabner, Holden, Dijon Mustard
2: McDonagh, Zuccarello
3: Miller, Hayes, Fast, Vesey
4. Kreider, Shattenkirk, Zibanejad, DeAngelo
5. Lundqvist, Skjei, Buchnevich

Prospects not included, Staal and Smith not included because reasons

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
On Insider Trading just now on Tsn

Insider Trading: Preds and Stars front runners for Nash?

"And there's intrigue around Chris Kreider as well. You know he's still recovering from the blood clot in his right arm, expected to return perhaps in mid-March so there might be a low level deal there. "

I really don’t attribute much credibility to Dreger anymore. A “lower level” deal with Kreider doesn’t sound right to me. Kreider is probably one of the more valuable assets on the Rangers.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Anything can happen - Glen Sather mention brief since he has a lifetime experience with rebuilds; `it`s not easy.`

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I admire their rebuild intentions but what they are doing is certainly anti-competitive, destroying the integrity of the game, especially with informal announcements of one.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Can you elaborate on your incredibly dramatic post?

I think he's suggesting that it's strange a team just 3 points out of a playoff spot, with ~30 games to go, is publicly announcing "screw it, we're rebuilding." I don't expect the Rangers to make it in regardless of what they do, but the Rangers' management is, for all intents and purposes, announcing that they are sort of tanking for the rest of the year and that they don't even want to be in the playoffs. You don't publicly announce the beginning of a rebuild if you want to win. It's frankly a really weird thing to announce in the midst of a season, when the team is still sort of middle of the pack. It's the sort of announcement you either never expect, or expect at the end of a season when the team has naturally had a really poor finish.

BringBackLibertys

Oct 10, 2007
Middlesex, NC
I admire their rebuild intentions but what they are doing is certainly anti-competitive, destroying the integrity of the game, especially with informal announcements of one.
Unless they bench Hank for the rest of the year, you cannot say they are trying to tank. He alone can steal games.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I think he's suggesting that it's strange a team just 3 points out of a playoff spot, with ~30 games to go, is publicly announcing "screw it, we're rebuilding." I don't expect the Rangers to make it in regardless of what they do, but the Rangers' management is, for all intents and purposes, announcing that they are sort of tanking for the rest of the year and that they don't even want to be in the playoffs. You don't publicly announce the beginning of a rebuild if you want to win. It's frankly a really weird thing to announce in the midst of a season, when the team is still sort of middle of the pack. It's the sort of announcement you either never expect, or expect at the end of a season when the team has naturally had a really poor finish.
Pretty much this.

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008

They have 3 wins in regulation in the past 20 games

BringBackLibertys

Oct 10, 2007
Middlesex, NC
Benching Lunq will have the NHL sticking their noses around.
You obviously were not watching when Buffalo traded any goalie that tried to win a game the year they were going for McDavid. NHL did not care a lick, and Arizona was trying just as hard to lose every game that year, it was the most obvious front office sabotage job I have seen in recent years.

Reactions: shinchanyo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->