Rumor: Chris Johnston: "Wouldn't shock me at all if the Leafs pulled the trigger on Luke Schenn."

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
You think Luke Schenn is the difference maker here? We need Schenn about as much as Tampa did when they won the Cup with him. He played less than half their games and averaged under 10 mins per game.

If Dubas is going to add a defenseman with grit it should be someone who is more impactful than a guy who is at best playing bottom pairing minutes.

Also, I'm plenty old enough to have seen many Leafs playoff round wins. Not old enough to see a Cup though.

Schenn isn’t the question, questioning having someone who immediately slots in at 7 is, if your game is playing into June anyways

Mar 26, 2010
I sure hope not. Dubas better not waste any draft pics or prospects on Schenn. He sucks straight up.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: CherryToke

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Schenn isn’t the question, questioning having someone who immediately slots in at 7 is, if your game is playing into June anyways
Defensive depth isn't really a concern here though. That's why adding someone who can be impactful in a top 4 role would be the only really sensible add back there.

Rielly
Brodie
Lily
Sandin
Giordano
Holl
Timmins
Benn
Mete

This isn't the Toronto of old where the D is lacking and thin. This year, with Muzzin out, we're missing the guy who plays a very physical game. Otherwise, the D is deep and does very well.

Reactions: GreatDayforHockey

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Defensive depth isn't really a concern here though. That's why adding someone who can be impactful in a top 4 role would be the only really sensible add back there.

Rielly
Brodie
Lily
Sandin
Giordano
Holl
Timmins
Benn
Mete

This isn't the Toronto of old where the D is lacking and thin. This year, with Muzzin out, we're missing the guy who plays a very physical game. Otherwise, the D is deep and does very well.

I’m not arguing with you that the leafs *also* need a top 4 guy. Hell they need a top 2 guy

Givememoneyback

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
I sure hope not. Dubas better not waste any draft pics or prospects on Schenn. He sucks straight up.
Schenn is a reliable bottom pairing d-man who is a playoff asset with his physicality. Whoever trades for him, I'd guess for a 2nd or 3rd, won't regret it.

Mar 26, 2010
Schenn is a reliable bottom pairing d-man who is a playoff asset with his physicality. Whoever trades for him, I'd guess for a 2nd or 3rd, won't regret it.
Not worth the ransom they want for him. Maybe a 5th round pick or something. Not worth the 1st that Vancouver wants.

Givememoneyback

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Not worth the ransom they want for him. Maybe a 5th round pick or something. Not worth the 1st that Vancouver wants.
Eh, if he helps a team make a deep run in the playoffs, a 2nd isn't too much. But I think draft picks are a bit overatted, given other options to acquire players. An extra playoff round means a good deal to an owner with an eye on increasing revenue. Though, I agree, a 1st,even a late one is overpayment.

Mar 26, 2010
Eh, if he helps a team make a deep run in the playoffs, a 2nd isn't too much. But I think draft picks are a bit overatted, given other options to acquire players. An extra playoff round means a good deal to an owner with an eye on increasing revenue. Though, I agree, a 1st,even a late one is overpayment.
5th rounder at best. No way he is worth a second. The guy is a plug.

Reactions: Pyrophorus

Givememoneyback

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
5th rounder at best. No way he is worth a second. The guy is a plug.
If that's your opinion, no use talking about it. From what I've heard earlier in the season, Montour wouldn't crack the Leafs top 6. So, I assume the defense is set.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Why trade for a guy who won't see the ice.

Because you don't need defense until you NEED defense this year should have taught you that

If that's your opinion, no use talking about it. From what I've heard earlier in the season, Montour wouldn't crack the Leafs top 6. So, I assume the defense is set.

He's better than Holl so Yeah he'd crack the 3rd pair.

Reactions: Givememoneyback

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
orlolo.jpg

Rumor has it that this is Bruins D Mike Reilly....who scored a hat trick tonight in the AHL...
Big if true...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad