Rumor: Chris Johnston: "Wouldn't shock me at all if the Leafs pulled the trigger on Luke Schenn."

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Said on his podcast the CJ show that it wouldn't shock him at all if the Leafs pulled the trigger on Luke Schenn.

Now to be fair he does make it sound like they want to do something more significant than Luke Schenn.

I've been driving the Luke Schenn bus for months because I don't believe It's possible for you to have to much defense, in fact the Leafs have proven that, they have used 10 or 11 this year.

But I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't prefer a bigger move than Luke Schenn.

I think Toronto needs to load up as much as possible so I'm hoping for more than Luke Schenn.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Said on his podcast the CJ show that it wouldn't shock him at all if the Leafs pulled the trigger on Luke Schenn.

Now to be fair he does make it sound like they want to do something more significant than Luke Schenn.

I've been driving the Luke Schenn bus for months because I don't believe It's possible for you to have to much defense, in fact the Leafs have proven that, they have used 10 or 11 this year.

But I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't prefer a bigger move than Luke Schenn.

I think Toronto needs to load up as much as possible so I'm hoping for more than Luke Schenn.
Loading up means disrupting chemistry on and off the ice. Too much doesn't mean better.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
He's definitely better than Holl
As much as we like to hate on Holl, I don't think he is.

How on earth is Luke Schenn seemingly one of the biggest names around?! I didn't even realise this guy was still a top-6 defenceman in the NHL.
He seems to only be a top 6 guy because he plays in Vancouver. Anywhere else he's a 5-8 guy

lawrence

May 19, 2012
as a Canuck fan being able to watch Schenn, no... it wouldn't shock me if ANYONE pulled the trigger on Schenn, like cmon man....... are the leafs the only team open to making trades? there are at least 10 other serious teams aiming for the stanley cup this season.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
pass if its anything more than a 3rd/4th rounder

he is not

Has almost twice as many points, more than twice as many hits, and almost the same +/- (+9 vs +11 for holl) but you know he plays on a way worse team.

I've also watched 30+ leafs games over the past few years because of the Canadian division + playoffs vs Habs + I watched their series vs the lightning alongside normal schedules. Holl should not be in your top 6 Schenn can be.

Edit: also just saw Holl averages almost a give away a game. You can't have that vs Tampa or Boston

Burkeocet

Nov 2, 2019
They need to do something else. The east is so stacked and Boston picking up Orlov and Hatheway is huge. They need Gavrikov or Schenn plus maybe even an extra goalie off the spare parts bin just incase.

Orlov to Boston is HUGE. Toronto needs to go all in this year. Almost all their chips are on the table and it’s time to push

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
Schenn is not what he was projected and you’re probably in trouble if he’s on your top pair but he absolutely a solid depth add as a number 6/7 dman. People posting here like he doesn’t belong in the nhl don't know what they’re talking about. Leafs are always in need of someone that’s physical and he’s better than Justin f***ing Holl.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad