Prospect Info: CHL, NCAA and European 2019-20 Prospects Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I watched 4 periods of his and he just looks the part of an NHL prospect with excellent skating skills, good positioning without the puck and quick edge work. It wasn't that physical but his board work was exceptional.

Yeah sure. A skilled swift and talented if undersized Swedish winger at the tail end of the NHL draft? Hah! Might as well tell me you’ve seen a unicorn.

Reactions: Pavail Zachupov

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Nikola Pasic is a great hockey name
220px-NikolaPasic--serbiaherpeopleh00petruoft.png

Nikola Pašić - Wikipedia

so regal

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Thoughts on Gusev?

Asking here even though technically OT.

Gusev obviously brings in a huge amount of attacking skill, but he is a pretty complicated personality, as he kind of has a bit of that "primadonna" thing - coach will need to give him a place on the Top6 and PP time on a silver platter for him to succeed, but obviously if he does suceed, the return will be totally worth it.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
I guess that is another reason why the devs didnt sign him. Guess he is done

Could also be the other way around - maybe he decided to hang them up since he didn't get signed? Who knows - mentioned he had an opportunity to play pro in the ECHL...maybe had he signed and had a chance to compete for an AHL spot he would've kept going. Oh well, hopefully he has something else good lined up.

2017 was still a hell of a draft for NJ that should produce 3-4 NHL regulars and maybe 6-8 guys that could see time in the NHL at some point.

Also interesting to see that 10 of the 14 players the Devils drafted in 2015 & 2016 have played at least a game in the NHL - Rykov and Davies should bring that number up to 12, while Maltsev also has a chance of being called up one day.

Last edited:

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Could also be the other way around - maybe he decided to hang them up since he didn't get signed? Who knows - mentioned he had an opportunity to play pro in the ECHL...maybe had he signed and had a chance to compete for an AHL spot he would've kept going. Oh well, hopefully he has something else good lined up.

2017 was still a hell of a draft for NJ that should produce 3-4 NHL regulars and maybe 6-8 guys that could see time in the NHL at some point.

Also interesting to see that 10 of the 14 players the Devils drafted in 2015 & 2016 have played at least a game in the NHL - Rykov and Davies should bring that number up to 12, while Maltsev also has a chance of being called up one day.

True. Im sure he could get a good college scholarship to play in canada, as he is still young. And then perhaps finish playing hockey after that.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
From Corey Pronman's article on the U20 4 Nations and Hlinka Gretzy Cup tournaments.

Pronman's NHL prospect impressions: U20 4 Nations, Hlinka...

Pronman said:
I wasn’t a huge fan of Nikola Pasic (LW, New Jersey) in his draft season, but I’ve seen more from him this summer. At the 4 Nations he showed real skill and high-end hockey sense, making a fair amount of plays and being a go-to offensive player for Sweden. I see more rationale now for him being a draft pick.

Another New Jersey prospect I had my eye on this summer is defenseman Daniil Misyul. He was just OK at the 4 Nations but intrigued me a few weeks ago in games with the Russian national B team versus KHL squads. He played on the power play for their B team as a 19-year-old and didn’t look out of place at that level. He’s looked good versus older players such as his games in the KHL toward the end of last season.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Clarke with 7 points (4G, 3A) in 3 preseason games

:rolleyes:

He was a 6th overall OHL pick so he was thought of pretty highly at 1 point. I’ve got my fingers crossed on him.

Jack Hughes is so good he was taken 8th overall in that draft, even though he wasn’t going to play in the league.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
He was a 6th overall OHL pick so he was thought of pretty highly at 1 point. I’ve got my fingers crossed on him.

Jack Hughes is so good he was taken 8th overall in that draft, even though he wasn’t going to play in the league.

Ya him and Hughes ripped it up that year they played together, just looking at the stats they were far and away the best players on that team - of course Hughes was many tiers above Clarke but still, their stats were a lot closer than what I thought they'd be. Clarke was on a really good 67's team last season and I imagine got buried a bit in their depth. Hopefully he's relied on more this year and makes a statement. If he pans out having another right winger with a great shot would be amazing, just plop him next to Hughes like back in the day and let them fly.

Getting waaaaay ahead of myself there but oh well lol

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
I was really happy with the Clarke pick. Ofc, like any other pick nothing is for sure, but that was a very good pick.

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
Buffalo rookie tournament:

September 6th
Penguins vs Bruins - 3:30 PM
Sabres vs Devils - 7:00 PM

September 7th
Devils vs Penguins - 3:30 PM
Sabres vs Bruins - 7:00 PM

September 9th
Bruins vs Devils - 9:30 AM
Sabres vs Penguins - 12:30 PM

SYWTom

Dec 10, 2016
Went to a Kitchener Ranger preseason game on Sunday.
Vukojevic played quite a bit. He still isn’t getting looks on the top PP but he is playing on the second unit now and the most PK minutes for sure. (As he was last year as well) I assume he’ll continue to be put out for a ton of ES mins this year.

He was also wearing the “A” for this game. Which I can’t remember him having last year.

He played with 2020 Draft Eligible Donovan Sebrango for almost all situations as far as I could tell. Though was getting mixed with a younger player at times.

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Went to a Kitchener Ranger preseason game on Sunday.
Vukojevic played quite a bit. He still isn’t getting looks on the top PP but he is playing on the second unit now and the most PK minutes for sure. (As he was last year as well) I assume he’ll continue to be put out for a ton of ES mins this year.

He was also wearing the “A” for this game. Which I can’t remember him having last year.

He played with 2020 Draft Eligible Donovan Sebrango for almost all situations as far as I could tell. Though was getting mixed with a younger player at times.

I have a feeling Vukojevich could be a diamond in the rough. Seems to have a great attitude and work ethic combined with just enough skill. Be interesting to watch his development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad