Prospect Info: CHL, NCAA and European 2019-20 Prospects Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

SYWTom

Dec 10, 2016
I have a feeling Vukojevich could be a diamond in the rough. Seems to have a great attitude and work ethic combined with just enough skill. Be interesting to watch his development.

My main concern is he hasn’t really progressed since he got to Kitchener in January of his D-1 year. He really played well that playoff which gives me hope for him. But maybe last year he knew it wasn’t gonna be a big year.

Don’t get me wrong he has way more responsibility now then that first year. Just wanna see him really bring it more often. His size in this league, he should be a wrecking ball.

Reactions: Tretyak 20

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
FWIW, Rykov came in at #18 among Rangers prospects in the "has a chance" tier.

Pronman's write up:

Rykov was a quality defenseman in the KHL. He played on both special teams for Sochi. When I watch him I see a lot of offensive ability, and then I look at his box cars and it doesn’t line up with what I’ve seen. I think Rykov’s vision and patience with the puck is high-end, and he’s got good hands too. But it’s tough to go to bat for a guy with nine points in nearly 50 games as a 21-year-old as a future NHLer. I think part of that is his below-average skating stride. If he becomes more consistent with his offense and a little quicker, I think the combination of his size, defensive play and brain can get him into the NHL.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
The worst part of the Grabner trade is that Rykov will probably have another two years to establish himself as an NHL player before we can conclusively close the book on the impact to the Rangers. Hopefully people can Let It Be before then, but some will struggle with that idea.

Reactions: Classic Devil

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Thanks for that. Misyul is one of my favorite prospects in our pool. He seems to be able to do it all - skate with it, make the stretch pass, hit and fight, looks like a good stick checker and he has size.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Corey Pronman came out with his top 124 prospects today, Jack is #1 but Boqvist came in at #101 and while he likes his skill-set, I'm not sure he's as impressed with his offensive potential as others are:

Boqvist had a successful season in the SHL. He had a torrid first half where he was among the leaders in scoring but cooled off in the last few months. Speed is Boqvist’s defining trait. He’s a very good skater who can regularly push the pace and be relied on to gain the zone with control of the puck. He’s a skilled offensive player who can play through defenders and create on the flank. I don’t think his skill level will wow you, but he can create offense in the NHL. He’s not the most physical or best defensive forward, though; and given he’s not a game-breaker offensively, he will need to be very consistent with his compete level.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Corey Pronman came out with his top 124 prospects today, Jack is #1 but Boqvist came in at #101 and while he likes his skill-set, I'm not sure he's as impressed with his offensive potential as others are:

Boqvist had a successful season in the SHL. He had a torrid first half where he was among the leaders in scoring but cooled off in the last few months. Speed is Boqvist’s defining trait. He’s a very good skater who can regularly push the pace and be relied on to gain the zone with control of the puck. He’s a skilled offensive player who can play through defenders and create on the flank. I don’t think his skill level will wow you, but he can create offense in the NHL. He’s not the most physical or best defensive forward, though; and given he’s not a game-breaker offensively, he will need to be very consistent with his compete level.

Yeah, I noticed that, the good news is we will find out very soon if he's right. Boqvist is 20 now, if he's going to be an impact player for us, he should really show us something this preseason.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Yeah, I noticed that, the good news is we will find out very soon if he's right. Boqvist is 20 now, if he's going to be an impact player for us, he should really show us something this preseason.
On the flip side he LOVES Ty Smith, he ranked our farm system #3 in the league and from what he wrote it sounds like Smith was a big factor in that, also our depth, after Jack and Smith no one really blows Pronman away but he likes our depth and the fact we have so many prospects on the bubble I think his take is odds are some will break in our favor and become solid NHL players.

Reactions: My3Sons

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
D 51 Vukojevic, Michael 0 2 +1 0 0 0/0

2ND 4:57 #93 Jonathan Yantsis (2) scores. Assists: #90 Liam Hawel, #51 Michael Vukojevic

OT 4:10 #61 Ryan Stepien (1) scores. Assists: #55 Reid Valade, #51 Michael Vukojevic GAME WINNING

Kitchener downs Saginaw 5-4 in OT.

Ontario Hockey League – Official Site of the Ontario Hockey League

C 17 Hoelscher, Mitchell 0 0 -1 2 0 7/14
RW 92 Clarke, Graeme 0 0 +1 2 2 0/0
D 28 Okhotyuk, Nikita - - - - - -/-

3RD 10:50 #92 Graeme Clarke Tripping MINOR 2:00

Ottawa wins 3-2 in SO over Guelph.

Friday Highlights: Rangers come from behind in home opener – Ontario Hockey League

D 55 Bernard, Xavier 0 0 -2 0/0 0 0/0 1

Charlottetown falls 3-2 to Moncton in OT.

QMJHL – Includes live game day coverage, audio and video clips, exclusive stories, game tickets, stats, standings, schedules and features.

Desnoyers wins it in OT! Wildcats 3 Islanders 2 – QMJHL

BomaLightDevils

Jan 15, 2011
Copenhagen
can someone help me with a list over our 2019 draft prospects and where they play?

Am I missing something because I haven't read any news on the other swedish forward ?

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
can someone help me with a list over our 2019 draft prospects and where they play?

Am I missing something because I haven't read any news on the other swedish forward ?

OHL

Mitchell Hoelscher Ottawa 67's
Nikita Okhotyuk Ottawa 67's
Graeme Clarke Ottawa 67's
Micheal Vukojevic Kitchener Rangers

QMJHL

Xavier Bernard Charlottetown Islanders

NCAA

Reilly Walsh Harvard Crimson
Matthew Hellickson Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Aarne Talvitie Penn State Nittany Lions
Tyce Thompson Providence Friars
Patrick Moynihan Providence Friars
Case McCarthy Boston U. Terriers

USHL

Cole Brady Fargo Force
Akira Schmid Omaha Lancers

Europe

Eetu Pakkila Liiga Ilves
Daniil Misyul MHL Loko Yaroslavl
Arseni Gritsyuk MHL Omskie Yastreby
Nikola Pasic Allsvenskan BIK Karlskroga
Yegor Zaitsev KHL Dynamo Moskva

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
C 17 Hoelscher, Mitchell 0 1 0 3 0 15/25
RW 92 Clarke, Graeme 1 0 +1 6 0 0/0

3RD 15:50
#92 Graeme Clarke (1) scores. Assists: #23 Marco Rossi, #17 Mitchell Hoelscher POWER PLAY

92 Clarke, Graeme Guzda, Mack Shootout Goal

Ottawa takes Owen Sound 4-3 in the SO.

D 55 Bernard, Xavier 0 0 0 0/2 2 0/0 1

1ST 11:15
#55 Xavier Bernard High sticking MINOR 2:00

Charlottetown finishes Halifax 5-2.

QMJHL – Includes live game day coverage, audio and video clips, exclusive stories, game tickets, stats, standings, schedules and features.

Reactions: Blender

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Looked up KHL boxscores and saw that Misyul only got 2 minutes of ice time in his last game. Then I was quickly reminded that KHL squads dress 20 players, so it's typical to see some guys only get a couple shifts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad