Daniil Misyul MHL Loko Yaroslavl
Arseni Gritsyuk MHL Omskie Yastreby
Nikola Pasic Allsvenskan BIK Karlskroga
Yegor Zaitsev KHL Dynamo Moskva

Last edited:

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I'm interested in seeing Hellickson in his junior year at ND. He's got a very under the radar type game and plays a simple yet effective one at that.

ecco

Jul 18, 2006
Iowa
OHL

Mitchell Hoelscher Ottawa 67's
Nikita Okhotyuk Ottawa 67's
Graeme Clarke Ottawa 67's
Micheal Vukojevic Kitchener Rangers

QMJHL

Xavier Bernard Charlottetown Islanders

NCAA

Reilly Walsh Harvard
Matthew Hellickson Notre Dame
Aarne Talvite Penn State
Tyce Thompson Providence
Patrick Moynihan Providence
Case McCarthy Boston U.
Cole Brady Arizona State

Akira Schmid Omaha/CHL? (CHL import draft June 27)

Europe

Eetu Pakkila Liiga
Daniil Misyul MHL
Arseni Gritsyuk MHL? (not signed for 19/20)
Nikola Pasic Allsvenskan

Yegor Zaitsev KHL/VHL/Binghamton? (not signed for 19/20)

Schmid already went through the CHL import draft. Can he go through again? If so, I'm not sure he'd even want to with how it went down the last time...

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
Schmid already went through the CHL import draft. Can he go through again? If so, I'm not sure he'd even want to with how it went down the last time...

The next step could be a tricky one for Schmid. There has been interest from NCAA programs, and it’s something Schmid might be interested in, as well. But there’s a catch.
Because Schmid played one game for Lethbridge, he is currently ineligible to play NCAA hockey. He and the school he attends would need to petition the NCAA to grant him eligibility. Between the game in Lethbridge and possibly the one game he played for the SCL Tigers in Switzerland’s highest league (thereby making him a professional), the NCAA could suspend his eligibility for an entire season, or flat out deny him.
The other options include staying in Omaha for another year and then turning pro with the Devils, or trying to get drafted in the CHL import draft again. Even if Schmid did choose the NCAA route, he could play another season in Omaha before going to college.
“We are going to wait for the season to end, but Omaha has been great to him,” Roy said. “They’ll get first dibs. The first conversation will be with Omaha.”
Wilkie thinks Schmid’s path should be clear.
“We want him here,” he said. “I think that’s the best thing for him and where he should be. He’s got a home and he’s comfortable and he’s as stable as he can be.
“There’s been numerous goalies in the past few years who have gone from this league to the AHL and are now sniffing at NHL rosters. I know colleges want him because he’s good, but there’s a lot of red tape there and it might overcomplicate the process. Akira, in my mind, just needs to focus on getting better every day and staying steady on the rudder.”

How Akira Schmid’s wild journey to America’s heartland has him shooting up the Devils’ prospect board - Roy Sports Group

Mustangs

Jan 13, 2008
Barrie
I wonder if any of the current drafts picks get picked up in the up coming chl import draft. I wouldn't mind seeing one of the new russian guys come over to the ohl or other leagues

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
I wonder if any of the current drafts picks get picked up in the up coming chl import draft. I wouldn't mind seeing one of the new russian guys come over to the ohl or other leagues

I wouldn't be surprised if Gritsyuk was taken in the CHL Import Draft. His development would really benefit from some structured systems and learning to play more with teammates. The MHL might be too scattered for him and he's not quite ready for the VHL.

Reactions: sloppydog

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
NHL Network to Televise 2019 WJSS

Televised hockey!

The six-game NHL Network coverage begins on Wed., July 31, with Canada facing Finland at 1 p.m. ET followed by USA vs. Sweden at 4 p.m. ET. NHL Network's coverage will continue on Fri., Aug. 2, with Sweden vs. Canada at 1 p.m. ET before Finland and USA meet at 4 p.m. ET in a rematch of the gold-medal game of the 2019 IIHF World Junior Championship. Event competition will conclude on Sat., Aug. 3, with back-to-back rivalry games as Sweden faces Finland at 1 p.m. ET and the USA takes on Canada at 4 p.m. ET.

For us, we'll have:

USA: Case McCarthy (on the initial 44 player roster, but probably a good chance he'll be cut before the final couple games)
Canada: Ty Smith
Finland: nada
Sweden: Nikola Pasic

Also some 2020 draft eligibles: Alexander Holtz (SWE), Lucas Raymond (SWE), Alexis Lafreniere (CAN), Justin Barron (CAN), Braden Schneider (CAN)

Petr Cejka

Feb 1, 2018
Akira Schmid has been starter in friendly game Switzerland U20 x Finland U20 today. He lost in SO. Does anybody have more info or stats?

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

Smith was pulled for unspecified reasons. For him, it's probably because he'd be a lock for the WJC roster if he were available so there wasn't much to be gained by participating.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Reactions: My3Sons and Nubmer6

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Smith might not be playing in the WJSS, but here's a quote from Kirby Dach:

I [THN's Ryan Kennedy] asked Chicago’s Kirby Dach which older Canadian players he watches for good work habits and blueliner Ty Smith was one of his answers (Detroit’s Joe Veleno was the other). “I’ve played with him numerous times in the past and he’s a pro on and off the ice already,” Dach said.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->