Prospect Info: CHL, NCAA and European 2019-20 Prospects Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rusty7550

Aug 11, 2018
I saw both games against Austria and Marian looked very good. Creative player, great skating ability, scored a goal in first game and added assist in second game. He also scored shootout goal in second game.

Reactions: R8NJD

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
In 2000, we drafted Hale, Suglobov, Laine, and DeMarchi in the first two rounds!
How can you forget Paul Martin? :)

But I don't remember ever having heralded/consensus blue chip prospects...Usually writers said our prospects sucked, even back in 90's people said that. They were all just "Interchangeable Parts"

Last edited:

Devilswede

Dec 10, 2006
How can you forget Paul Martin? :)

But I don't remember ever having heralded/consensus blue chip prospects...Usually writers said our prospects sucked, even back in 90's people said that. They were all just "Interchangeable Parts"

Petr Sykora was a pretty highly regarded prospect. We picked him 18th overall because he fell after a pretty serious shoulder injury. He was considered a top 5 talent in that 95 draft. He became a star player for us.

Brendan Morrison was also a highly touted prospect and became an all star center eventually in the NHL. Helped us acquire Mogilny.

And Zach Parise was considered a blue chip prospect too.

Adam Larsson was a blue chip prospect and many thought he was going to become a star. That obviously didn't happen. But at the time he was.

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
I wouldn’t have heard of Mitch’s antics had I not seen that tweet by Amanda Stein saying he’s on a tear. Granted, the entire 67s team has been, but being on the scoresheet nearly every night is nothing but good. Hopefully he will be this coming season’s Bratt-style diamond in the rough.

Reactions: My3Sons

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Petr Sykora was a pretty highly regarded prospect. We picked him 18th overall because he fell after a pretty serious shoulder injury. He was considered a top 5 talent in that 95 draft. He became a star player for us.

Brendan Morrison was also a highly touted prospect and became an all star center eventually in the NHL. Helped us acquire Mogilny.

And Zach Parise was considered a blue chip prospect too.

Adam Larsson was a blue chip prospect and many thought he was going to become a star. That obviously didn't happen. But at the time he was.

Sykora was definitely highly regarded but fell.

In terms of the 2003 draft...Parise wasn't highly touted at all. Who can forget the infamous Mike York comparisions here...LOL - And with the lockout and Crosby, Ovechkin and Malkin waiting to get into the league all at once, Parise was largely a footnote during that period. There were a slew of anticipated prospects coming into the league then. Hell, I remember more excitement for Cam Barker than Zach back then..LOL.

I don't remember Morrsion ever being highly touted either - not only around the league but among Devils fans...At the time I remember a slew of NCAA players with sold potential..David Emma 1991 Hobey Baker winner, Scott Pellerin 1992 Hobey Baker winner, Jim Dowd 1991 Hobey Baker Fianlist, Jay Pandolfo 1996 Hobey Baker Finalist...All behind Brian Rolston 1993 Hobey Baker Finalist, who had performed very well in the 1994 Olympics the last year before the Olympics went with all Pro's -- Morrison won the Hobey Baker in 1997 and was a finalist in 1996 but he was drafted in 1993...I don't remember much fanfare regarding Morrison from 93 to 96 from writers or fans.

I think most of those players were in the same category in terms of fanfare...with the exception being Rolston. He was the most highly regarded of the bunch from my memory - but none of them reaching league wide acclaim.

Last edited:

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Sykora was definitely highly regarded but fell.

In terms of the 2003 draft...Parise wasn't highly touted at all. Who can forget the infamous Mike York comparisions here...LOL - And with the lockout and Crosby, Ovechkin and Malkin waiting to get into the league all at once, Parise was largely a footnote during that period. There were a slew of anticipated prospects coming into the league then. Hell, I remember more excitement for Cam Barker than Zach back then..LOL.

I don't remember Morrsion ever being highly touted either - not only around the league but among Devils fans...At the time I remember a slew of NCAA players with sold potential..David Emma 1991 Hobey Baker winner, Scott Pellerin 1992 Hobey Baker winner, Jim Dowd 1991 Hobey Baker Fianlist, Jay Pandolfo 1996 Hobey Baker Finalist...All behind Brian Rolston 1993 Hobey Baker Finalist, who had performed very well in the 1994 Olympics the last year before the Olympics went with all Pro's -- Morrison won the Hobey Baker in 1997 and was a finalist in 1996 but he was drafted in 1993...I don't remember much fanfare regarding Morrison from 93 to 96 from writers or fans.

I think most of those players were in the same category in terms of fanfare...with the exception being Rolston. He was the most highly regarded of the bunch from my memory - but none of them reaching league wide acclaim.
I remember being excited about Morrison, probably because my friend was a big U of Michigan fan. I was VERY excited about Parise. I think I was at a Devils draft party when we selected him.

Reactions: Classic Devil
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad