Prospect Info: CHL, NCAA and European 2018-19 Prospects Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Guy goes kind of unmentioned but Hellickson plays a very steady game and might develop into something. Might not too obviously but just a thought.

Eric Weinrich said he has the best first pass among Devil prospect defensemen this past summer

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005

Davies is already 22. The chances that he’s anything more than a 6/7 dman are slim. Developing into prime Andy Greene would be incredible. This shouldn’t be a discussion on your hindsight take on Andy Greene. It’s a discussion of what Davies could be.

And sure it would be even better if he could become prime Scott Niedermayer. But this also has to have some sense of reality.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Davies is already 22. The chances that he’s anything more than a 6/7 dman are slim. Developing into prime Andy Greene would be incredible. This shouldn’t be a discussion on your hindsight take on Andy Greene. It’s a discussion of what Davies could be.

And sure it would be even better if he could become prime Scott Niedermayer. But this also has to have some sense of reality.

His age has nothing to do with it.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela

the maturity argument isn't bad at all, but look at who he had as teammates his freshman year, and their scoring totals - zacharay aston-reece, dylan sikura, and adam gaudette were putting up well over 1 PPG. in '17-'18, northeastern finished 2nd (behind BC). gaudette and sikura left after last season, so that left a big hole, but davies is still currently leading the team in points. it's not like he scrubbed it up his freshman/soph year either

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007

Davies is already 22 and the odds that he develops into Andy Greene are slim. The chances that he is something more than a 6/7 Dman are not slim.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
It does when you’re talking potential. If Davies was doing this same play at 19 years old as opposed to 22 we could project a much bigger future for him.
When he was 19-20 years old he kinda did, he had 23 points in 38 games and while his play is much stronger overall today, his game was solid back then

Reactions: Billdo

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
When he was 19-20 years old he kinda did, he had 23 points in 38 games and while his play is much stronger overall today, his game was solid back then

For me, those seasons aren’t really close. His raw point scoring is significantly different and this year he leads his team in points while his freshman year he was 6th in points and had almost 3 times less points than the team leader.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
My god, if we could get a prime Andy Greene out of Davies, I would be over the moon. Greene was fantastic from 2009-10 through the 2013-2014 season. I think it's fair to say Davies has more offensive potential than Greene but I don't think his defensive game is similar at all. That's a lot to task of a 7th round pick.

@Devils Dominion

If you would be disappointed with Davies having a Greene-type career, is it safe to say your expectations are way too high for a 7th round pick?

Reactions: Billdo

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Greene was a force his junior and senior year and produced a lot of offense. He was his conferences offensive and defensive defenseman of the year in the same year.

I’d love Andy Greene’s career from most late first round picks.

Reactions: tailfins

OmNomNom

Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
For me, those seasons aren’t really close. His raw point scoring is significantly different and this year he leads his team in points while his freshman year he was 6th in points and had almost 3 times less points than the team leader.
did you see my post? his freshman and sophomore year, they had crazy talent. couple that with the maturity argument and yeah, sikura and ZAR were gonna destroy him

Reactions: Ronnie Bass

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
did you see my post? his freshman and sophomore year, they had crazy talent. couple that with the maturity argument and yeah, sikura and ZAR were gonna destroy him

And that’s the point, age plays a big deal into projecting future NHL success.

Davies is doing great but I think it’s important to say being 22 years old and doing this is significantly different than being 19 and doing this.

I also think people are discounting how good Andy Greene’s career is and how dominant he was in college his junior and senior year.

OmNomNom

Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
And that’s the point, age plays a big deal into projecting future NHL success.

Davies is doing great but I think it’s important to say being 22 years old and doing this is significantly different than being 19 and doing this.

I also think people are discounting how good Andy Greene’s career is and how dominant he was in college his junior and senior year.
the thing with NCAA players though, is that they're pretty highly regarded due to quality of competition - you're sometimes facing guys who are 23 years old. scouts seem to think he thinks the game well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad