Prospect Info: CHL, NCAA and European 2018-19 Prospects Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
A defense with that makeup will need to play fast and largely mistake free to mask their deficiencies. You've got one defender above six feet tall and several that don't have great speed. I'd give that defense a try, but to me that arrangement screams for a trade of Butcher packaged with something or someone else to get someone to play with Vats on the top pair rather than Greene.

Reactions: devilsblood

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Unless Davies really knocks it out of the park in the pre-seaosn, I can't possibly see him starting up here. He's destined for Bing if he signs, and really better. I don't want to risk losing him after next year. I suspect we'll know before the season's out. We'll offer to sign him before our last game so he can burn a year off his ELC. If we don't, or if he doesn't sign, I think it's a bad omen, perhaps because he thinks we're too crowded on the left, and he'll get a better opportunity elsewhere if he's patient.

I'm also wondering if Walsh turns pro. I know we were saying he'd be there 3 years, but he's been quoted as saying his priority is to get into the big leagues. I'd love to see him get a year of seasoning in the A.

Reactions: Unknown Caller

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Unless Davies really knocks it out of the park in the pre-seaosn, I can't possibly see him starting up here. He's destined for Bing if he signs, and really better. I don't want to risk losing him after next year. I suspect we'll know before the season's out. We'll offer to sign him before our last game so he can burn a year off his ELC. If we don't, or if he doesn't sign, I think it's a bad omen, perhaps because he thinks we're too crowded on the left, and he'll get a better opportunity elsewhere if he's patient.

I'm also wondering if Walsh turns pro. I know we were saying he'd be there 3 years, but he's been quoted as saying his priority is to get into the big leagues. I'd love to see him get a year of seasoning in the A.

Davies will be 24 in December of his rookie season if he waits to go UFA. Maybe he's that patient, but if he can't make the NJ defense is there another defense where things will be that much easier? I'd think that getting started this season with a burned ELC year would be fairly attractive compared to the alternative.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
so our pairings will be...

greene - vatanen
smith - severson
davies - butcher
mueller?

what do you do with santini?

I kinda lean towards Butcher being traded. I don't necessarily want that to happen but it obviously won't be Greene being dealt and I kind of expected more this year from Butcher.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
so our pairings will be...

greene - vatanen
smith - severson
davies - butcher
mueller?

what do you do with santini?

That has to be the smallest/softest defense in the league. Every team would learn to gameplan against them very fast. A trade would have to be in the works. Pairings 3 deep won’t work like this.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
That has to be the smallest/softest defense in the league. Every team would learn to gameplan against them very fast. A trade would have to be in the works. Pairings 3 deep won’t work like this.
it's just way too green (no pun intended). in an ideal world, one of smith or davies waits a year, greene gets downgraded to 2nd pairing, and we find a true 1LD, but idk if that's even possible

Reactions: Ripshot 43

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
Not trying to induce panic on the board, but Jesper Boqvist signed a one-year contract extension with Brynas.

However, after a preliminary Google Translate it seems that there is an NHL opt-out clause and is more so job security in case we don't try to sign him this off-season: "Although he has signed a new contract with Brynäs, there is a possibility that the New Jersey Devils - the NHL club that owns his rights - will choose to pick him over the Atlantic next season."

Reactions: sloppydog

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
I'd be surprised if we don't sign him after this year. If you look at guys at age 19 who have scored like he has this year in Sweden, they're usually ready for the NHL.

Reactions: GameSeven

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Not trying to induce panic on the board, but Jesper Boqvist signed a one-year contract extension with Brynas.

However, after a preliminary Google Translate it seems that there is an NHL opt-out clause and is more so job security in case we don't try to sign him this off-season: "Although he has signed a new contract with Brynäs, there is a possibility that the New Jersey Devils - the NHL club that owns his rights - will choose to pick him over the Atlantic next season."

I'm not sure how this works. Is it insurance in case he doesn't sign an NHL contract or actually playing the NHL... I.e. no AHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad