Prospect Info: CHL, NCAA and European 2018-19 Prospects Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village

Too bad he didn't break it down by team. I'd love to see what we think of our prospects. Actually, I'd love to see what EVERYONE thinks of their prospects.

markog

Apr 4, 2008
Slovenia
I really don't get all these hype about these NCAA guys. At first I thought when Vesey and Reilly were hyped about that these are the difference makers in the making and not a 3-liner and 3-pairing D. Butcher the same and he's a 4D at best. If these guys were really that good they wouldn't play college hockey age 21 or 22. If they don't sign who gives the s***, you can find the same guys in FA every year and won't have to pay much. I would be worried if Hischier would still be in Halifax and not Davies or few years back Santini when some of you thought he'll go as FA to NYR and we now see he can't even crack one of worst defences in hockey.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
I really don't get all these hype about these NCAA guys. At first I thought when Vesey and Reilly were hyped about that these are the difference makers in the making and not a 3-liner and 3-pairing D. Butcher the same and he's a 4D at best. If these guys were really that good they wouldn't play college hockey age 21 or 22. If they don't sign who gives the s***, you can find the same guys in FA every year and won't have to pay much. I would be worried if Hischier would still be in Halifax and not Davies or few years back Santini when some of you thought he'll go as FA to NYR and we now see he can't even crack one of worst defences in hockey.

Will Butcher an ncaa signing had a 40 point rookie year from the backend last season as a Devil... just saying

markog

Apr 4, 2008
Slovenia
And how many other young UFA defensenan with 50 point upside have signed the last five years?

Devils got the only one

Whats your guess his next contract will look like? If he's all that you say he should get easy 5m per season.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Whats your guess his next contract will look like? If he's all that you say he should get easy 5m per season.

I think that’s what he gets... 5.0 is second pair money with the way the caps rising

markog

Apr 4, 2008
Slovenia
I think that’s what he gets... 5.0 is second pair money with the way the caps rising

You're right about the money for 2nd pairing guys, I just wonder if he's 2nd pairing as he's not playing any PK or does much at 5v5.

Scotiandevil2630

Jan 18, 2018
If Shero gives Butcher 5 mil per he should be fired. Butcher is good offensively and that's all hes shown so far, absolutely horrendous defensively.

Reactions: Billdo

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
If Shero gives Butcher 5 mil per he should be fired. Butcher is good offensively and that's all hes shown so far, absolutely horrendous defensively.
Given his limitations I think he defends pretty well.

Now I admit the limitations so I think he will always be a guy who you will want to limit in terms responsibilities, but his smarts carry to the defensive end, and his stick work is really good as well in his own zone.

Scotiandevil2630

Jan 18, 2018
Given his limitations I think he defends pretty well.

Now I admit the limitations so I think he will always be a guy who you will want to limit in terms responsibilities, but his smarts carry to the defensive end, and his stick work is really good as well in his own zone.
Yeah perhaps was hoping to see more development defensively though, guess can't completely fault him as our D as a whole is just so subpar, Just hope he doesnt get too much his next contract need to see more from him in his own end IMO

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I remember leading up to the draft how much I wanted Boqvist, and how shook I was when we actually got him. I'm very glad he has done nothing but validate that excitememt, he's a fantastic talent. Can't wait for him to come over, next season hopefully.

He was a bit of a slow starter. Last year seemed a bit up and down to me. Didn’t he have that wrist injury? It’s gratifying to see him taking off this season. Hopefully he signs at the end of the season and can spend the summer working out and playing on some North American rinks to get ready for next season. He may need some early season time in Binghamton to complete his acclimation but he has a shot at making a difference at some point next year. After the dumpster fire of this season that’s nice to look forward to. Maybe he will be the winger to pair with PZ and help unlock his offensive game.

Reactions: nugg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad